May I have your attention: I have a request of all.

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

May I have your attention: I have a request of all.

Post by CaptSyf »

Hello all,

I have a request for any and everyone. I am usually one to be tough enough to say I can handle it, and that everything will turn out fine. But after what I have just learned, I'm not too sure I can say that. So I am asking all those here that do pray, to pray for my daughter.

She was born just last week on Nov. 1, 2005. When she was born, doctors soon learned that not all was well with her. It was discovered that she had fluid on her lungs. Well, the community hospital where she was born was not equipped to handle this, so she was taken to a bigger city. Well, things appeared to be progressing well. However, today I have learned that they have to run some new tests. It appears that she has blood on her brain somehow. I know that modern medical science can possibly fix this, but there is always a chance it is beyond medical science.

I had to be tough guy for the family last time, when my youngest son was born. He had heart problems, and had to be rushed to a larger city also. He ended up being in the hospital for about a month, before coming home. Today, he is as healthy as any other kid, and is soon to turn 3yrs old.

But to be honest, things like this take it's toll on a person. I remain the tough one in the family today. However, I'm not sure how much longer I can be the one that says everything will be fine.

So, for those here that do pray, all I can ask is that you include my baby girl in your prayers.

Thank you my friends,
CaptSyf.

Note to Admins: If this is inappropriate, then you may delete it.
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

Stickied for as long as necessary. Syf. When a member of this forum has problems of the sort you mention then you can bet your bottom dollar that the administration will support you 110%.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Major's right: 110%. We will pray for you and your daughter and family during this rough time. May all our prayers be with your daughter during this time. During the roughest of times, the one thing that makes even the smallest hope shine is that we all stick together. God Bless and Godspeed.
Like the rest of the world, I am a lunatic. Nothing special here.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

may i ask for ur daughters name? so i can pray for her?
Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 »

My family here will pray for her, you and the rest of the family. You all are like family to me. If you need any support just ask and I will be up there in person.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

Thank you all.

Her name is Sierra.

Thank you again.
icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 »

my family and I are praying for her old friend, you're digital family is here if you need them :)
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.
CmdrJack
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by CmdrJack »

CaptSyf,

My family and I will be praying for Sierra, you an your family. I called my Paster, my church is beginning to starting a prayer chain for her and your family. God Bless my friend and to your family.

CmdrJack
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

Just an update: We are still waiting the results of the tests they had to do on her.

Thank you all for your support. It gives me the strength I need, knowing that people all over the world are so kind.
Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic »

I wish that everything goes well Captain. My best wishes to you, your daughter and your entire family. If you ever need anyone to talk to I am here.
Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 »

Captain, you know you are more of a brother to me then those that are related to me by blood. So, when I hear anything about your daughter. It feels like I am hearing of a niece. Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers nonstop. Just remember, I am only a phone call away. If anything is needed I am only 3 hours away. I am sure everything wil be fine. We will keep up the constant prayer. And hope that the positive update will come soon.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

Update:

All is good. The tests came back good. I got the word a little bit ago.

Thank you all for your prayers and blessings.

In case there is any question as to what happened that made the doctors think that could have been the case, well it's like this. yesterday morning, my wife got a call from them (the hospital). It seems some doctor there had the idea that because she wouldn't eat, it must have been blood on the brain... Anyways, before even running the tests to confirm this, they had the nurses call to let us know that was "most likely the case". Thus, causing my family and I, a very miserable day. I'm sure most people would have a horrable reaction to such news. Anyways, All the prayers have been answered.

Thank you all... You are such good friends.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

im glad shes alright :)
CmdrJack
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by CmdrJack »

That is good news, hope you and your family all the best. My family and I will still pray for you all. God Bless my friend and to your family.

CmdrJack
Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic »

This is great news. I am glad everything worked out well for you and your family CaptSyf.