Elrond: The Turn of the Tide

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Elrond: The Turn of the Tide

Post by Elrond » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:57 pm

A few hours ago I just got home from the premier experience of my life. Yep, I'm married now. And just in time for Easter. Going to bed in a few minutes actually because it's been an exceedingly exhausting day, but it was a day worth more than anything to us. I announce this because I won't be around as much as before. My online existance isn't ending, and I'll still get online anytime I get. I have a few people here to contact about helping them with some mods they are working on. Basically everything I've worked on, including the blue shields and such, I will be submitting here if I haven't yet. That may help some people with their mods. A lot of emphasis on modding lately has been on not to do full total conversion mods, but to simply give the most accurate depiction for the original game's ships and stations, etc. So the shields among other things may help some teams in their efforts since I won't have the time in the forseeable future to conduct that much modding.
Happy trails to you...except without the "till we meet again" part...

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:34 am

Congratulations my friend...may you and your blushing bride live full and happy lives...I raise my online glass to you....But...I will be seeing you around soon...hehe....got some surprises in store...you'll see..LOL
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:04 am

Sounds good dude. And thanks. With the last however many years of my life I've lived already that were full of total chaos and fell events, 2005 and 2006 are on the other hand, the beginning of the age of peace, at least for us two anyways. Love is like that thing that makes you forget, for once, all of the hatred in the world. It's tough to explain what this is like, because it's almost as if my programming was not designed to use this type of emotion LoL. I'm not one who's used to being happy about something, especially to this point. Amy is the only person who's been able to bridge the gulf between me and life - before her, those were two totally opposite things. I'm basically Anakin Skywalker, except in reverse. I went from the Dark Side to the Good Side. Everyone keeps asking me what my oath was, and my response is that it's a long story. It basically is like one of my usual long posts, except romantic. That's the best way of explaining it. LoL

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:39 am

congrats mate u and Amy have a wonderful life togather :)

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:57 am

--- Not a post by Elrond ---

Guess what? This isn't Elrond. This is Amy posting now. :twisted: I took his computer.

Thanks for invitingg me to this topic.

Got a few laughs from that. Like "hey i'm going to sleep in a few minutes". BTW, Elrond lied. He's still up listening to music while i make this postt.

Yeah what a day! But it looks like I'm taking Elrond away from you folks. o.O Just kidding. :wink:

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:01 am

thats great its nice to see that people can be happy together its sad to say that hatered will never end for the world but only a select few that can move on
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:11 am

LoL. Amy posted with my account. Well, got the keyboard back now.

Yeah, Kevin, I suppose you're right about the hate in the world. It will never end. It's up to those who can find a way to move on.

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KevinJ » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:31 am

well im doing my part
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:38 am

Same here. That path is the right path. The path away from the path of darkness and what-not LoL.

And with that, I'm off to bed like I said I was going to do 6 hours ago o.O

ryan1
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by ryan1 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:32 am

I offer my congratulations my friends and may your happiness last forever

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:47 am

Good luck Elrond, remember I will still be online 99% of my free time if you ever want to catch up.

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KevinJ » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:04 am

doing my part is killing people......butt kinda a catch 22 there
(Sci Fi Armada)

morthamp
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by morthamp » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:50 pm

Have a happy future and thanks for all of your hard work :D

danteger
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

u 2

Post by danteger » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:50 pm

hey younglings, best wishes for you offline future. if you think, marring will reduce your online existence - nah. thats only for the first few years :lol:

btw any young ensigns on their way? ???

now go off and celebrate, you two....

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KevinJ » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:13 pm

love is a wonderful thing only if i was in a better situation to get married
(Sci Fi Armada)