Star Trek Lives!

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:44 pm

I agree with Majestic there. I know that I honestly (this is my opinion) am not personally that enthused about going back into the past. Nemesis made us all curious about what happens with the Romulan-Federation ? possible alliance and beyond.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:01 am

Yup I agree. I can see that Clowns are still running Trek. Sad really.

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:38 am

yes i wuld really like to see what happens with b4 troi and riker now married on the titan i wuld love to see picard get promoted it was anoying that janeway got admiral b4 picard i mean wtf really cmon id like to see more adventures of the enterprise e
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

bigdaveking
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Star Trek XI

Post by bigdaveking » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:23 pm

poorly made or not a star trek film is a star trek film and we all know we went out to see the movies anyways cuz we cant get enough

when nemesis came out i thought this would be the end forever this new movie will give the die hards a sence that trek is not dead and by the time 2008 comes we will be thirsting like a klingon thirsts for battle for star trek eleven

i will be understandibly curious on what kind of movie worthy plot they can cook up with starfleet cadets that is if its going to be the plot

can you have a star trek movie without a starship enterprise ? that is a question i cannot answer

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KevinJ » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:23 am

the voyage home didnt have the enterprise in it they had a kligon bord of prey then at the end they had a new enterprise but it wasent really part of the story
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:29 am

I have to disagree with Kevin here. It was still part of the story, even though they didn't have the Enterprise. Its about the story not what ship they have.

Now with this new movie, a member on my site posted that what was released was not 100% true and the people who posted it went behind their (JJ Adams) backs about it.

It will be set in TOS era, and there may be appearences from TOS characters, but thats all they have said, saying that they signed an agreement to to say anything else/more.

Even after this news, I am still not all that interested in this. Why can't they get out of the past and look to the future. We have seen that the Federation exists still in the 29th century or was it the 31st century? Either way there is a major grap between 2379 and the 3000 and a hell of a lot of stories to be told there.

Enterprise was a mistake, it turned a lot of fans away, I personally really liked it but others hated it. You think they would learn from their mistakes wouldn't you. :roll:

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KevinJ » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:15 am

well the info in the star trek.com news letter said there is no name set they refer to it as star trek XI there is no story plot line or cast in mind
(Sci Fi Armada)

znite94
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by znite94 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:43 pm

I would personaly prefer a sequal movie rather than a prequal. There are too many of those with all genre's right now. Plus, all the prequals they do aren't supported by the Star Trek timeline. For example, I never cared for Enterprise because it was never mentioned in the other series, and NX-01 is nowhere in the Enterprise line later on. Thus, it adds inconsistency to the series. Plus, I like to see what new Starfleet technology they can come up with, not the old stuff that was decommissioned hundreds of years before. TOS was an icon when it came out because it broke new ground and fired the imagination. It served it's purpose then, now let's let a newer Star Trek generation have their own time. So, that's what I think.
In a Galaxy where disorder reigns, there is the USS BLAZER

Mobius_1
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Mobius_1 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:36 pm

Kevin, the reason Picard wont be promoted, is what Kirk told him int Generations, "never accept anything that will take you away from the bridge of that ship"

I am sure they have offered to promote Picard several times, he just denied it.
Glory to the first man to die!!!

M514R
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by M514R » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:31 pm

TOS was very ahead of its time in its day correct
then why can't anyone see that maybe Enterprise is or was too and I my self will welcome any new movie or show .Yes i would prefer it deal with events after Nemesis.It can be TNG or DS9 or even involve the ship Voyger. Heck i would love to see a movie with Q!
definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and over and over

Mobius_1
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Mobius_1 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:45 pm

I would like to see a movie about the Mirror Universe
Glory to the first man to die!!!

imagin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by imagin » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:41 pm

I love the idea of trek continuing. However I think that another movie about kirk would be a bad idea. Personaly I'm hoping for a movie about the Enterprise F :P