if u want to use Nightsoft models read this first....

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

if u want to use Nightsoft models read this first....

Post by cecilzero1 »

read this... http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.ph ... 581.0.html ill keep my comments to myself ....
Last edited by cecilzero1 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starforce2
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Starforce2 »

Thats not outalance thats nightsoft. Outalance doesn't have that type of restriction. I'm fairly sure that most of our stuff you simply need permission and to keep credits.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

thxs Title fixed lol
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

I find the whole topic of "permissions and copyright" lucicrous. 1st and foremost, every freakin one of us is technically in violation of international copyright regulations taken in the strict spirit of corporate law. Every time someone mods a "company," any company's file we do this. It's always been a wink, wink, nudge, nudge thing since modding extends the lives of games equaling more $ for the company.

I have never been so vain as to even bother to care if anyone uses something I modded in another way or modded it more or gave me "credit." It's all free stuff done for fun. Ain't no body getting paid so who cares? There technically is absolutely no legal grounds to stand on to say if one modder sued another for not giving him credit for his work which is a rip off of a corporate product to begin with.

Christ everbody acts like their simpleton mods are the equivelent of fighting for the rights over the picture of the raising of the flag over Iwo Jima.

It's all way out of proportion in my opinion.
The Borg will rock your world!
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

Sorry twitch but you are incorrect or at least your statement is innacurate to a point. Whilst you are correct with modding someone elses game is technically under their terms of usage, its not the same with modelling. Any model you create is your work, therefore you own an intellectual copyright over said model. Same goes with textures that you also create yourself.
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

In the spirit of what you say, I agree. As we split hair further the "model" is of absolutely no use wthout the corporation's software. There are gazillions of free textures of all kinds on the web that are freely downloadable without need for "credit" or fear of copyright infringement. In the most technical sense if you don't give credit to "Bubba's Texture Page" on your model you're doing the guy a disservice.

What about if you morph an object using the Activision-supplied utilityin A-1? Do they techinically own your creation? Is it tantamount to inventing something using your employer's time and equipment and claiming it is yours?

I realize its an ego thing to see your made-up screen name referenced with an "atta-boy!" by someone else in a "read-me" and I'm in a minority but I truly have never cared what anyone has done with any mod I've done. I made very many in the 1990s when I was modding flight sims.

I just don't care and can't see the seriousness kids take at all this perceived ownership of frivilous computer generated playtime pixels. Relative to all things this is SO unimportant.
The Borg will rock your world!