XP Media Edition

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Twitch
Commander
Commander

XP Media Edition

Post by Twitch »

Does anyone have this? Does it take forever to load all of its crapola on initial boot up? Got 2 Gig of RAM and it's like the old days when I had 8MB!! :evil:
The Borg will rock your world!
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

Twitch. The only suggestion I can give is go into msconfig and disable everything thats not needed upon loading. Also check your right hand taskbar bottom as theres probably a good few icons in there that might not be needed.
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

I do that in All Windoze as standard proceedure. I use WinPatrol to edit the start up junk and also edit the "start up" folder. Only thing running on the task bar is Norton. I have as little as possible going. It still takes a long time to load on boot. I then use a free ware program called EndItAll that shuts down everything except Explorer before going into a game ot other app. I got as little of stuff on boot as I do on regular XP and it still is maddeningly long :twisted:

I just wondered if anyone else has noted the relatively long start up. :x
The Borg will rock your world!
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

yeah i noticed i have it on my old comp though it was my old comp ......
Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius »

I just bought my old man a comp with the XP Media Edition stuff, and it boots up faster than any Windows computer I've ever had. AMD 64-bit dual core processors and 2Gb of RAM seem to help with the speed up.
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!