Can someone anyone tell me how or why????????????????

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

bisk
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Can someone anyone tell me how or why????????????????

Post by bisk »

1 to gain rank on this site ???(and i know its not due to time served or posting if so then would i be an admiral by now)?

2 why ask questions if one or two things happen A. you are told to read west's bible or B. no one answers the question?(every now and then someone is nice enuff to answer)

(as for me the only real help has came from sentinel and after 8 years - yes i said 8 years - you would think i have more names to add to the list by now)

3 if no one has true permisson to change the game or give credits to the real ship makers (you know the ones they made all the stock models for the game) then why is it so wrong to want the ability to import nonstock models?

Now i know i have made a few people mad by posting this but let's get real for a moment after having my posts deleted when i broke no rules having posted to the right forum/topic and watching my, and others questions or requests go by unanswered it would be nice to see someone try to answer this post (well if its not deleted and me banned for it)
" Huh..." As I sat in my birthday suit in the desert sun, waiting for Serenity to arrive... " That went well..."
kips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kips »

To, answer number 1 it's by number of posts that you gain rank and to achieve Admiral you need something like 2000+ they balanced it since I started and its been a lot better.

Second people tell you to read the Wests Bible because its the corner stone of understanding the modding proccess after that if you ask questions in the right way you can gain answers.

If your vague then nobody can help you Ie "Ive installed a mod it doesn't work" something like that leads to just confussion in the long run, because no info means no help I myself am guilty of this as well, I tend to stay away from answering incomplete questions, Its a sure fire way of turning out to look stupid and wrong I used to post on every help wanted post but after a while gave up after no feedback etc.

Ship model requests are a different matter you get lucky or you don't if a person is there at the time doing the same thing along the lines of what you want then they will help otherwise sadly it falls by the way side.

Number 3 I'm not getting into.

As far as deleted posts ive had my knuckles wrapped a couple of times but thats betwwen you and the Administrators of the site, just be glad they haven't chucked you off for bad behaviour , Ive seen that happen to a few members times.

If you want to talk more PM me or reply to this thread, I know it's been a ghost town here lately but thats the way it is I guess.
life is life and death well thats a pain in the neck.

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Can someone anyone tell me how or why????????????????

Post by MajorPayne »

1 to gain rank on this site ???(and i know its not due to time served or posting if so then would i be an admiral by now)?

As Kips has stated its down to post count, but then is rank really that important to you when it has no real meaning??

2 why ask questions if one or two things happen A. you are told to read west's bible or B. no one answers the question?(every now and then someone is nice enuff to answer)

(as for me the only real help has came from sentinel and after 8 years - yes i said 8 years - you would think i have more names to add to the list by now)

Information is a highly important thing in todays modding world. Without providing enough information its extremely difficult to work out any kind of a problem, and west's bible is incredibly useful with the basics. As for your response from sentinel. Look around you?? How many modders are now present in the community?? Sure, 8 years ago the community was teaming with modders, but for all intents and purposes that this game time has come and gone.

3 if no one has true permisson to change the game or give credits to the real ship makers (you know the ones they made all the stock models for the game) then why is it so wrong to want the ability to import nonstock models?

I believe by this you mean "make" new models. Well the actual thing is, look at other communities (BC, SFC3 etc.etc). Whilst paramount own the rights to the name "star trek" and its associated designs, any models/textures that are created by a 3rd party have a sort of grey area surrounding the copyright of it. This means that while the design might be intellectually copyrighted to paramount, the actual mesh/textures are copyrighted to the original creator.

Now i know i have made a few people mad by posting this but let's get real for a moment after having my posts deleted when i broke no rules having posted to the right forum/topic and watching my, and others questions or requests go by unanswered it would be nice to see someone try to answer this post (well if its not deleted and me banned for it)

Postings/replies are deleted at the moderator/administrators behest, and there is not always a reason needed. For example. If you post anything which is taken out of context by another forum member and said forum member complains about a posting, then the moderator/admin needs to use their judgement on the outcome. Whether you would like this or not, it doesn't matter. This forum (like every other) is not a place of free speech. Those that register, do so with the understanding that they will obide by any rules or regulations which are set in place. However, these are changable at any time.