JUST LIKE LEGACY

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

JUST LIKE LEGACY

Post by pal23 »

Just like Enterprise i can destroy enemy ships with one shot wich is pretty sick why is it that armada 2 games are getting expensive and rare to buy on ebay my gosh lol but erm yeah as i said i can destry enemy ships with 1 shot coool. to the future tense modders by the way you guys should do that with one of the ships aswell itl b pretty cool. you have to modify the fphaser.odf files or summat like that.
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

IM Also sad that i cant play legacy

Post by pal23 »

i still cant play legacy cus it wont let me install it so im going back to armada for a while
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Killing a ship in one shot wouldn't be all too challenging.

A run up of that in Future Tense would go something like this:
- Sernaix arrive, start attacking the Federation fleet.
- Enterprise, you kill these things all the time, get ur butts over here.
- Captain of Enterprise: "ok sure thing lol"
- Captain of red shirt ship: "we be getting killed out here"
- Another Captain: "lols, we doomed"
- First Captain: "Enterprise be arrivin'"
- The other captain: "ok now let's do nothing"
- First Captain: "Doing nothing, now that's where I'm a Viking!"
- Other captain: "Huh?"
- Captain of Enterprise: "Here we are again, to save ur sorry asses."
- Red shirt ship's Captain: "well not in time to save us" * ship splodes *
- Tactical Officer of Enterprise: "Let's kill the Sernaix ship now"
- Captain of Enterprise: "Sure, but let's wait till the admiral gets killed, that's always funny."
- Random Enterprise officer: "Admiral be dead"
- Captain of Enterprise: "Ok, now you can kill em"
- Explosions are heard, eventhough you can't hear s**t in space. Oh well.
- Tactical: "Um, they're already dead."
- Captain: "Cut! Dang, I knew this wouldn't be dramatic enough!"
- Captain of Red Shirt ship: "LEEEROOOOY JENKINS!!!"
- Enterprise officer: "Oh man, what's he doing?"
- Captain of Enterprise: "Eh, never mind him, we always have one of these guys in a battle, the one who goes into the destroyed enemy ship to make a dramatic scene by blowing himself up."
- Enterprise officer: "I have chicken."
- Enterprise Captain: "Oh yeah, that completely justifies hundreds of ships being destroyed. Oh well, let's have a toast and yadda yadda, whatever we do after tons of people who we knew for 20 years have just died."

So yeah, even the mightiest ship can't destroy some enemies in one shot. If it's the Enterprise versus a Bird of Prey, for example, then it'd be a clear victory (see ST: Generations for an example that proves the opposite). :lol:
Flew in here 17 years ago, flew out 13. Back then early 20s, dreamin'. Now, late 30s, reminiscin'. Too bad there wasn't an Armada 3, except the Sins of a Solar Empire mod. But hell, at least there's that. *Shrugs*
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Yeay

Post by pal23 »

yeay my legacy game is now workin yeay
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

dnt wry

Post by pal23 »

and dnt wory as soon as i get my hands on future tense im guna modify 1 of the ships to destroy a target with one shot 8) By the way whens my next promotion
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

* smirks *

So the Enterprise will take anything, even a Sernaix Dreadnought, down with one shot? I think the only thing that would do that would be Q.
Flew in here 17 years ago, flew out 13. Back then early 20s, dreamin'. Now, late 30s, reminiscin'. Too bad there wasn't an Armada 3, except the Sins of a Solar Empire mod. But hell, at least there's that. *Shrugs*
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by pal23 »

Yup im pretty sure i can modify federation phasers to take down the serinax if i do ill post the picture on ere :D :D :D :D :D
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

NEW STAR TREK Film anybody thoughts

Post by pal23 »

by the way what do u you think of captain kirk character being left out of the star trek film sad B******S If i was a director id put him in. whats it based on the original series or the enterprise -f ? i dont get this new star trek film
Sentinel
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sentinel »

Its based on the TOS, back when Pike was it's captain.
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Oh

Post by pal23 »

Well i fink thats just stupid the least decnt thing they should have done is carried on with captain picard
Sentinel
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sentinel »

personaly, i think another movie in general is a BAD idea. The last 3 Star Trek movies were not that good compared to some of the episodes in the TNG series. Generations was a really good movie though, It was like a really long TNG Episode. Nemesis and Insurrection were FULL of Plot Holes and over sights and First COntact just lacked a TNG Feel. I can't expleign it.

But yeah, the last 3 Trek movies were horrible, and i am afraid this one will stink too.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

We could choose to stay on topic perhaps and make a new thread about this subject. I'm all for making a new thread concerning this because I have some things to say about this new "movie" or whatever they think it's going to be. To be honest, the word disaster had crossed my mind several times already. LoL

At least they're not casting Damon as Kirk, at least I don't think.

Well, all damage done in the new movie, if it is really that much of a disaster, I'll see it perhaps 3, maybe 4 times at the most! :lol:
AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC »

try a p2p program to get it, emule has it on there. why pay when you can find it for free.
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Well

Post by pal23 »

well i fort nemises insurrection first contact were all good but i see a terible failure in this movie why coudlnt they just make n episode on tv. Like Enterprise Sad B******s cancelled a perfectly running show the funding was b******T if they never had the funding how come they making a new movie.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

I figure I'll give the new movie a chance. It might suck, it might not, or it might really suck. An afternoon movie won't cost as much and 6 dollars is a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of money I wasted this year (hospital bill, eventhough the jerks can't fix my stomach problems). Medical industry = "hey we're not going to fix ur problem, we're just going to charge you a bunch of money and make your life even more miserable so that you go insane and light everyone on Earth on fire". Yea, pretty much something like that.

Anyway, I'll give the movie a chance, eventhough it will probably suck. Oh well. I've played good games and bad games, I've seen good and bad movies, and I've wasted probably weeks-worth of my life on the stupid stuff they have on TV these days. I'm pretty used to bearing witness to things that suck. :lol: