star trek armada for windows vista

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

star trek armada for windows vista

Post by pal23 »

yeh hi does anybody know if star trek armada works well with windows vista because a few times wen i load the single player campain it crashes while loading is there any soloution please reply back someone thanks.
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

it works

Post by pal23 »

its works with vista on multiplayer but after while it crashes why is that its getting annoying now i wana play armada :( and it wont let me play properly :?
Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman »

You do have both patches right?

I have had very few problems with Vista(probably because Vista was already on my computer lol), Armada runs great on my comp.
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

yeh

Post by pal23 »

yeh i have one of the both pacthes wich is the other pacth? armada works ok for a bit but then it starts to crash saying armada has stoped workin etc findin a soloution :(
steviegirl
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by steviegirl »

Try updateing direct x.Run the game.If that don't solve the problem...try updateing ALL your drivers for your video card.I heard vista has problems.C7C 3 worked crappy on my computer untill i did those thing,and created a new profile.You could also try vista's version of system restore! :roll:
"He´s dead Jim,you get the tri-corder,I´ll get his wallet."
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

OK

Post by pal23 »

ok ill give that a try buy the way how do you add more then 3 special weopons on any federation ship like the nebula class where u can add up to 5 im usin the battlestation mod on windows xp on my other pc and the maximum i can add is 3 but i want em all the transwarp drive from the wells class the deflector burst the corbomite relfector and finaly cloaking device im trying to use it on janeway's voyager but like i said the maximum i can add is 3 why is that? and gud 2 hear from u again zman
steviegirl
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by steviegirl »

8) well,first off:the build button or odf file has a button placement.You can open these files with note pad.Then its just figureing out what placements in the que line in the ship hud.Battlestations 4.3 for a1 had multi-targetting phaser and torps.I used those odf files as an example,or,referance guid.Second...you have to edit the gui global srpites and weapon sprite files to add a "super weapon" aswell as adding them to atleast tt1 file!You can also look at the super weapon files for the nebula in a2,thse are good referance files aswell,or,a template.When you get them working...mail me back :!:

P.S.

KA2 for armada 2 is freakin' kick arse!!Download that and give it a spin!
"He´s dead Jim,you get the tri-corder,I´ll get his wallet."
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

wat 2nd pacth lol

Post by pal23 »

zman wich 2nd pach r u on about?
Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman »

1.1 is the first patch and 1.2 is the second.
My Games:
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

oh

Post by pal23 »

oh ok iv tried both but it still crashes on vista but wwroks fine with xp
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

for elrond

Post by pal23 »

dear elrond once upon a time there was a user called pal23 he was able to send messages to other users but now he feels like a retired person :) for some reason now he cant seem to send messages to other users now. he can however leave forum messages :twisted: . Now whats going on with my message system because iv tried different computers but no luck please reply back thanks :roll: :lol:
Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman »

^ As far as I know everyone is having that issue. Im sure they are working on it.
My Games:
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

one other thing

Post by pal23 »

wich is a good mod for armada 2 with all ships including nx-class and excelsior and ambassoder i now have armada 2 and it works great with vista.
Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman »

Download ghost's comp mod it includes all eras but its only for the feds(why he didn't do one for each race is beyond me), you can only build nx class ships for the ent era but the tos/tmp and tng eras have lots of ships. It also has lots of new fed stations and you can build everything for any mission where you have fed ships/stations. If this is your first time playing A2 I recommend spending a month getting use to all the new things and completing all the missions.
My Games:
pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

OK

Post by pal23 »

Im all good with armada 2 it was pretty simple to get the hang of its just geting use to the different type of camera angle.