How do you make weapons pass through shields?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

imagin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

How do you make weapons pass through shields?

Post by imagin »

I recently downloaded the drone weapon from filefront, but I noticed that it can't go through shields. I was wondering, how do you make weapons completely ignore shields?

P.S. I already know that "ignoreshield=1" only makes the weapon not effect the shield graphic.
graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by graviton »

The only way that I can think of right now would be to have the weapon with normal coding and have an invisible phaser that would disable shields before the other weapon hit. But then you'd still have the "no-shield" effect on the ship. I don't think there's an easy way. :?
Melior Posco Venia Quam Scisco Licentia
imagin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by imagin »

would the "ignoreshield=1" thingy get around the no-shield effect?
WarrenG12
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by WarrenG12 »

there is a way to do it in which the the weapon would go through the shields and would not involve the ignoreShields code...im working on it now for Future Tense
graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by graviton »

If you wanted to get around ignoreShield, like Warren said, than I would suggest to take a look at special weapon ODFs for while. Investigate classLabels. I'm not sure how far that will get you, but you might find something. :wink:
Melior Posco Venia Quam Scisco Licentia