New to modding

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

USS_SHANKER

New to modding

Post by USS_SHANKER »

Ok ill give that a try now i also have the game star trek new worlds im stuck on the first mission where you have to transport an away team to the taubat colony and cure the plague does anyone know how to do that if they played it because i can build the colony etc its just transporting the away team onto the apc armed shuttlecraft.
Last edited by USS_SHANKER on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by graviton »

Your two main options for Armada modeling are Milkshape 3D and 3DS Max (I think, can't quite remember if it's called 3ds max or not). I myself have MS3D, which is relatively easy to learn and can export to a large amount of other formats. I believe that you can import stock models and export your own models with the Assimsoft plugins for MS3D. You cannot import non-stock SOD files with said plugins, talk with a senior community member about that. I believe that Milkshape can't import animations though. You'll have to discuss 3DS Max with somebody else as I'venever used it :wink:
Melior Posco Venia Quam Scisco Licentia
USS_SHANKER

importing the ship

Post by USS_SHANKER »

how do i import the intrepid class ship into milkshape 3d and set teh build buttons etc
graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by graviton »

What Intrepid?? lol
If it's in a SOD format than you can't import it due to the plugin restrictions.
If it's in an MS3D or 3DS format then I think you can import with stock Milkshape. Not sure about 3DS Max.

Build buttons have nothing to do with modeling. They are stored as 64 by 64 pixel uncompressed Truevision Targa (*.TGA) graphics and they are assigned to ships by means of the gui_global.spr file, under Sprites in the root Armada folder.

If you're just beginning, you might want to take a look at this
Melior Posco Venia Quam Scisco Licentia
USS_SHANKER

ok

Post by USS_SHANKER »

ok ill have a look u knw i would have fort that u cud use the ships in milkshape straight away to edit them
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

Shanker. Could you please start speaking using correct english. We are not a bunch of five year olds.

Thankyou.
USS_SHANKER

Post by USS_SHANKER »

im trying to get an away team onto an apc in the game star trek new words where you have to cure the taubut colony im stuck on that part iv done the scans its just geting the docter there.