Star Trek TOS mini-mod

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

LRH90LEBARON
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Star Trek TOS mini-mod

Post by LRH90LEBARON »

With trepitation, I uploaded an Armada 1 pre-TOS mod over the weekend. I have played this on my Armada 1.2 (patch) on WIN XP. This is my first attempt as I have no artistic abilities - so brace yourself with a Readme.txt that is rightfully long on crediting the creative efforts of the ship and station builders. I have worked with the ODF files - my sole contribution. I also loaded this onto the STvsSW mod of lore with the twist towards the Old Republic and the Separatist movement as the other races. As the game plays, we can tech-up to Episodes I - VI in Star Wars and to Voyager TV series in Star Trek.
LRH90LEBARON
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

pre-TOS

Post by LRH90LEBARON »

I should restate that the mini-mod has four races:
Federation
Klingon
Romulan
Doomsday Machine/robotic planet killer (under the Borg race).

The Federation for pre-TOS has a passenger liner (Jefferies class), DY-100 sleeper (used as a dilithium freighter), and a J-Class exploration vessel (Daedulas class). A TOS era construction ship is used from the Ptolmey class tug.
Tech research up to the Constitution class, and then move onto the TMP , TNG, DS-9, and Voyager eras.

Klingons are represented by D'brel BOP and a K'Ktinga (modern version of a D-7, right?) battlecruiser.

Romulans are represented only by the pre-warp BOP.

How many remember the doomsday machine that had an appetite for planets? In Armada 1, only the ships and stations are at risk - well that's all that you would hold dear in this game after all.

Ok, it just occured to me that I forgot to upload the AI that would build the opposing forces. Sorry, I'll review and re-upload again.
MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan »

I remember the doomsday machine. Heheh, that was a fun episode.

Looking forward to seeing the completed mod :)
LRH90LEBARON
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

TOS mini-mod problems

Post by LRH90LEBARON »

With apologies to all, the TOS mini-mod has problems; I asked that the upload be removed. I'll get things fixed up to work with Armada 1.2. Thanks again for your patience.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

its been removed :)
LRH90LEBARON
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

TOS Armada 1 mini-mod a go again

Post by LRH90LEBARON »

Thanks again Cecilzero1.

I just recently uploaded mini-mod now that the bugs are out of it. I hope that all will enjoy. Careful of the Doomsday Machine, it has a hard shell and a really big gun :twisted:

Hmmm- if a gunfight broke out between Star War's Death Star and this planet killer - we can speculate who might win. In the game, it would be a tough call in my opinion.
kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by kurn »

so what exactly is the mod called on the site?
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

it is uploaded
kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by kurn »

sorry stupid question
LRH90LEBARON
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

TOS mini mod - A thanks given

Post by LRH90LEBARON »

Thanks Cecilzero for going above and beyond to adding an image of the TOS mini-mod since I did not have the required website source. :o
Also kudos for the quick turnaround from upload to the availabilty to the community for downloads.
As I mentioned before, I am no moddler, so the credit list in the Readme.txt is rightfully long. Thanks to the community that made this possible.
lrh90lebaron
aka
Leland
kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by kurn »

i dont mean to sound mean or anything but im pretty sure its missing a few thing i had to go through some of the odfs and delete some things for it to work perfectly.
LRH90LEBARON
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Missing TOS files?

Post by LRH90LEBARON »

Posted: 2008-03-04, 16:25:55 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont mean to sound mean or anything but im pretty sure its missing a few thing i had to go through some of the odfs and delete some things for it to work perfectly.
- Kurn

I do appreciate your constructive critisim Kurn. Specifically which files were missing and what odf was edited? While testing, I may have forgotten to have all my fixes in my upload copy. A rookie error.
Looking forward to hear from you. 8)
lrh90lebaron
kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by kurn »

well i cant remember now but i think it was pinko .odf and some romulan ship also if the ferengi are on it seems like it doesnt work. i some build buttons are missing also i did update my ptolemy class so it had a build button and i fixed the warp cells so they are red all you need is red.tga
LRH90LEBARON
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Fixes

Post by LRH90LEBARON »

Kurn,
I see what you mean by the fpt updates. Beautiful build button. red.tga did the tick too. Wierd that it had color sometimes in earlier tests. Before I submit, I rechecked that the pinko.odf has its corrolating sprite in the weapon.spr. So the Romulan Bird of Prey is giving you trouble? That seems to work fine when I loaded it onto a basic Armada 1 game. The cloak, weapon (the plasma weapon from the fiv-classic total conversion mod), and the model work well. The plasma weapon sprite, starshot, is in my weapons.spr too.
No ferengi, so the Rbop and pinko causing what kind of issues?

lrh90lebaron
Barty
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Barty »

i can't seem to get this mod to work. i don't know where to put the thumb file. everything else goes where it should but that is the only puzzling item. it also crashes while loading the game.