A Question of Rank

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

A Question of Rank

Post by doci7 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:01 am

I just read the thingy in this forum that indicates how ranks are distributed. Very interesting; I thought rank was based on points you got from administrators, not # of posts! But I wonder now... the highest ranks were not based on post #s (thank goodness, given that you Fleet Admirals out there would have had to write an insane number of posts!). So out of pure, innocent curiosity, I cannot help but wonder how these ranks are achieved. Did AFC just give certain people this rank? Is it possible for a Fleet Admiral to grant the rank of Fleet Admiral to another person if they wish to? Hope no one minds my asking (some subjects on this site seem to be a little touchy now and then, and I don't mean to push anyone's buttons. It won't be the worst thing in the world if no one answers me {I guess}).

graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by graviton » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:33 pm

As far as I can tell, all the admins are granted Fleet Admiral status no matter how many posts they have. :)
Melior Posco Venia Quam Scisco Licentia

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:43 pm

only admins asGraviton stated can get Fleet Admirials :)

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:38 am

In that case, I guess the question I should have asked in the first place is how anyone becomes an administrator. I never understood how that worked. Did/does AFC grant administrative privileges to others? I imagine that is the case, but if so, can any administrator grant others administrative privileges as well? That is really the essence of what I wondered, I guess.

uss_shanker

OK

Post by uss_shanker » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:58 pm

Ok what privlagies do u get for when u become

ensgin
lietenenant
lietenenant commander
commander
captain

n so on lol

graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by graviton » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:16 pm

I don't think that rank affects your 'privileges' at all, except for the obvious admin privileges for Fleet Admirals.
Melior Posco Venia Quam Scisco Licentia

snoopy444
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by snoopy444 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Yeah, is the only privilege you get (being the site administrator) is that you get to be fleet admiral? :?