Show off your mod

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Lord_Dranel
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

A few screenshots

Post by Lord_Dranel »

Here are a few screen shots from a recent game. It's a modded ST vs SW with some Stargate ships and a Reman Warbird thrown in for good measure.

Enjoy!

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman »

cabal wrote:The last post on that thread says that race specific shields can't be made with that line, but if you are determined enough, they can. Pics will be up later today, hopefully. I have to do five weapons for every one that I had on ships before.
So then the pics that showed the various shield effect were individually modified in the wepons files using the shieldgeometryname code? whould you care to give us a little peak at the coding.
MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan »

You can get rid of the shield down effect by either replacing the shield down sod with a blank, or by filling the shield down texture with black (ei, transparent).

Loving that warbird. I think I already said that before on another occasion, but all the same. Its a fine-lookin' bird :)
pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman »

cabal, hope you had a wonderful time in Florida during your vacation and that much eye candy was witnessed.

Thanks ever so much for the above coding scheme. Now I get it. I kept trying every combination known to use other sod files and that just wasn't working.
pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman »

I would suggest comment out all of the weapons for the romulans and try it again. if no crash, then you know it is an odf issue. add one weapon class at a time until you flesh it out
steviegirl
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by steviegirl »

Hmmmmm....you guy's are speakin' german too me!LOL :lol:
"He´s dead Jim,you get the tri-corder,I´ll get his wallet."
pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman »

Fallengraces, have you tried looking at the exe with a hex editor to see if they show up in the code?
MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan »

Those lines are left over from battlezone (the game engine armada was based on). If I'm not mistaken, those lines are used to define the AI build list. The syntax in battlezone was:

Priority ItemName BuildType BuildAmount
9, "bvsca8", NUMBER_TO_HAVE, 3;

The Armada build lists are more appropriate here since it is necessary for the AI to build items in sequential order. But it would've been nice if this could be combined with the armada build lists somehow.
MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan »

1= true
0 = false

As far as I can tell, "canAttack" is only used if you want to disable the attack capability of a ship/station. By default this value is 1 (true). Construction ships can not attack so they have "canAttack = 0". It should be possible to place this line into any odf to remove the attack ablity from that ship.

"canRepair" is an A2 line only (used by repair ships if I recall). For shipyards, use "repairFacility = 0" to remove repair station functionality.

Not sure about the repairSide. Only ever used repairSide = 1. Try these out, see what those numbers do :P
pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman »

From Starbase34's ODF command list: Objects in Space

repairSide = #
Indicates which side of the programmed "repairHardpoint" the ships are to dock at. Numbers must be as follows:
2 = ship's starboard edge
4 = ship's dorsal edge
5 = ship's ventral edge
9 = bottom left edge of ship

According to Achilles repairSide = 0 is center

Seems logical that 1 and 3 ought to go with something. If you do some trial and error, please report back as to what you learn and/or confirm.
MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan »

Fallengraces wrote: //Hardpoint location for building.
buildHardpoint = "hp13"
repairHardpoint = "hp15"
canAttack = 0
repairFacility = 0
canAttack = 0 = can not attack
repairFacility = 0 = can not repair

Also, stations do not have weapon systems by default (See station.odf). Add this to your station's odf:

weaponsHitPoints = 1

Hope this helps.
MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan »

I recomend the STAUM Mod Debugger for all your missing quotation marks :P

Think there's an updated version in Tool Pack.
MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan »

That looks great, cabal! Definately makes the ships stand out. That must have been a load of work too moving the running lights in storm.

Fallengraces, it is possible to add trails behind the nacelles by adding a constantly running emitter at the tip. Don't think this can be done via storm or hex editor though. You'd have to create a custom emitter and add it to the model in milkshape or 3ds max.

Tbh, I'm not a fan or warp trails, so I think with the glows the ships will look stunning :)
pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman »

The black hole looks pretty cool. :D
pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman »

Looking good Fallengraces. I would avoid compairing yourself to other modelles as it can be counter productive. Set achieveable but relatively high standards for yourself and then do your very best. Personally, I find each model to be rather unique as well as the expereince gained.