The real St11 Enterprise.*Im certain this time!*

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

The real St11 Enterprise.*Im certain this time!*

Post by Zman »

Its...different for sure and like some have said, i'll place final judgement when I see it in motion and from more angles. Though overtime I might get used to it.
J.J. Abrams wasn't a huge fan of the original Star Trek TV series as a kid, but he does have one unabashed gee-whiz Star Trek memory: watching the first feature film (1979's Star Trek: The Motion Picture) and marveling over the big reveal of the Enterprise during a long sequence in which James T. Kirk takes a slow-boat tour around the iconic starship. "The coolest thing about it -- maybe the coolest thing in the movie -- was when you flew around the ship, you could see all the different panels that made up the ship," says the director of the forthcoming Trek reboot, slated for a May 8, 2009, release. "It was the first time I had ever seen that level of attention, that love of detail, given to the tangible, practical reality of the ship."

Here, in this exclusive first look at Abrams' take on the Enterprise, you see not only his vision of the ship but his attempt to evoke that sequence from the first film that so captured his imagination. If you're thinking, "Wow! It looks the way the Enterprise has always looked" -- well, look at the big Spock brain on you! Abrams wanted to take the original TV-series Enterprise and the movie-franchise Enterprise and fuse them together into a new yet familiar Enterprise. His ambition was a ship that felt very realistic, that could stand up to today's F/X standards -- and beyond. "If you're going to do Star Trek, there are many things you cannot change. The Enterprise is a visual touchstone for so many people. So if you're going to do the Enterprise, it better look like the Enterprise, because otherwise, what are you doing?"

Fans and other interested parties will get more looks at the new Enterprise when the first trailer arrives this Friday, attached to Quantum of Solace. And if you missed the additional 11 Star Trek photos we debuted last month, click here and check 'em out.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/11 ... Enterprise
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf
USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion »

is phantom gonna makre this a future tense thing, this constitution vessle kicks A**!
hms_custody
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Wow

Post by hms_custody »

wow that ship looks like the 1 me n payne created lol but it does look impressive.

the uss kelvin before kirk was born

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20233502,00.html

sorry i realised i made a double post
Last edited by hms_custody on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
shadow
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by shadow »

What an abomination. I really dislike this ship.

It´s like looking at an impostor from the 29th century claiming to be a pre TOS ship.

There are a lot fan made designs out there which have a better look and feel and fit better into the time line than this ugly thing claiming to be the enterprise.

Just go to youtube and take look at Gabe Koerner´s design or just visit his homepage. His version would fit much better than that ugly thing the came up with at paramount.

Some other great designs can be found here:
http://trekmovie.com/2008/05/08/the-fol ... se-images/

But this thing here just p***** me of. :evil:
Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman »

shadow wrote:What an abomination. I really dislike this ship.

It´s like looking at an impostor from the 29th century claiming to be a pre TOS ship.

There are a lot fan made designs out there which have a better look and feel and fit better into the time line than this ugly thing claiming to be the enterprise.

Just go to youtube and take look at Gabe Koerner´s design or just visit his homepage. His version would fit much better than that ugly thing the came up with at paramount.

Some other great designs can be found here:
http://trekmovie.com/2008/05/08/the-fol ... se-images/

But this thing here just p***** me of. :evil:
Any of those three would be much better than the real one.

Intel has a cool Starfleet Shipyard website(with 2 wallpapers of the Kelvin).

https://boldlygo.intel.com/content/index.html
My Games:
shadow
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by shadow »

Just followed the link to the intel site.

The Kelvin looks great, the 2 Wallpapers give me enough material to make my own version for A2. This ship has all the design elements which one would associate with a pre TOS / TOS Era ship.

But after seeing the trailer I never would have guessed what kind of ugliness they would chose to be the enterprise.

It still astonishes me how they could come up with such a tasteful design for the Kelvin and such a mishap for the Enterprise. Someone really loused up on his job.
hms_custody
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

The kelvin

Post by hms_custody »

i beleive the kelvin looks more or less like a tng design era ship the timeline of ship design seems a bit f****D to me Also check this out smal preview of the ship moving but hello why aint the deflector blue lol

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zGD6d921Ut4
Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Re: The kelvin

Post by Zman »

The trailer in HD.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/
hms_custody wrote:i beleive the kelvin looks more or less like a tng design era ship the timeline of ship design seems a bit f****D to me Also check this out smal preview of the ship moving but hello why aint the deflector blue lol

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zGD6d921Ut4
Ofcourse its not, thats Gabes connie not the one thats in the movie.
My Games:
hms_custody
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

New trailer

Post by hms_custody »

heres a new trailer of the star trek movie i fink its just come out today. ok zmans beat me to it lol

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-gb&vid=3be ... page_picks
Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Re: New trailer

Post by Zman »

Heres a bunch of screen captures(1080p ftw!).

Rear shot of the new old Enterprise going to warp(no front shots...those are everywhere).

A wounded Kelvin and a pair of shuttles trying to evade and destroy some incomming missles/warheads/drone weapons from Nero's giant B5 Shodow/x-mas tree/nail ship.

An already wounded Kelvin aproaching Nero's vessel(just warped in?).

The Enterprise warping in right into whats left of the Kelvin(big saucer chunk?), another Starfleet task force(atleast 4 ships...one looks kinda like a Hermes/Saladin) and some Vulcan?/Klingon?(middle-left in the back...kinda looks like an evolution of the Raptor) ships.

Ambassador Spock's timeship(the back part rotates)?

The Kelvin about to collide with part of Nero's ship.

Something happening with Nero's vessel(notice the small explosion and the chunks flying in the second pic).

Spock's timeship? flying through Nero's ship.

Some more of those missle/warhead/drone things on there way to meet the Kelvin(anyone else getting a slight Borg vibe?).

And finally the Kelvin getting barraged.
My Games:
hms_custody
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Cool

Post by hms_custody »

i like the part where kirk as a kid is being chased by what appears to look like a brean soldier who can talk. This movie looks very interesting but i never new the federation encountered the reman empire before hand. As for the timeship that reminds of the game star trek legacy were commander turraal's vulcan ship is like a timeship. and the borg in the tos that seems all a lil like legacy does anyone agree?