RIP Filefront :(

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Freyr
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Freyr » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:46 am

Hi Freyer,

according to you there seems to be a solution for Armada2files, but what about the Bridge Commander and SFC 3 parts of the network?
Will these parts be continued in one way or the other?
To be perfectly honest I don't know. I am concentrating on Armada, and I am sure the administrators of their respective sites are backing up their own sites and formulating their own plans to keep their sites running.

shadow
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by shadow » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:50 am

Hi Freyer,

thank you for the information. I thought so, but just in case I am downloading from there.

I have started to add things to my BC just lately as I am mostly playing A2.

Hope I get all the stuff I need. And forget nothing essential.

mattym1985
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by mattym1985 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:06 am

Good Bye FileFront we shall miss you and thank you

Matress_of_evil
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Matress_of_evil » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:26 am

Hey everyone, i'm not sure yet how much has been saved - the Armada files are still downloadable from filefront - but i've just downloaded all the Armada 1 files that I could find.

Jigalypuff has set up a new mod site on the Star-Trek-Games servers called Star-Trek-Mods.com. I'm one of the admin for the new site, since i'm an admin on Star-Trek-Games as well. We're not trying to compete with AFC, we're just trying to make sure there is a dedicated site for all the files.

We've currently got sections for Armada 1, Armada 2, Legacy, Bridge Commander, the Starfleet Command Series, and Elite Force, so if you have any files that you've rescued, please upload them, even if you've uploaded them to AFC already. By spreading files across multiple sites, we can help to ensure that if another site is lost (God forbid) then there won't be such a mad rush when it happens.

We're going to be upgrading our servers over the next few days so they can cope with the increased bandwidth and server requirements we're projecting that we'll need, so if you have trouble accessing the site, try again in a day or two. It's working fine at the moment, so please, start uploading files as soon as you can.

We're also hoping to host Trek mods for ANY game, not just native Trek games, so if you've got any files that you think would be useful, upload those too. Trek mods for Civilization or Sins of a Solar Empire are the sort of thing we're after, but as long as it's Trek related then we're willing to host it.

We've set up some new forums to go with the new site Here, so if you have any suggestions for site improvements, new download sections, whatever, then please feel free to sign up and let us know. We hope to see you all there soon. :)
"Anyone without a sense of humour is truly at the mercy of the rest of us."

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Just so you know AFC and Staff from filefront were going to make a new site with everything from file front gaming sites

Matress_of_evil
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Matress_of_evil » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:42 pm

I guessed as much AFC, but I didn't notice any announcements here so I thought i'd post. Anyways, there's no harm in having a couple of sites - like I said, the more sites the files are spread over, the lower the risk of a catastrophic loss if only the one goes - as almost happened with Filefront. We're not trying to compete with AFC or anything.
"Anyone without a sense of humour is truly at the mercy of the rest of us."

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Here is the new official home for everythong that was on filefront. Help spread the word.

http://www.therogueforums.com/filefront ... -home.html

http://forum.strategyinformer.com/index.php
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf

mattym1985
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by mattym1985 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:07 am

I don't think that link is for the offical sites i think it is just some-one saying so

mark
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mark » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:44 pm

I went there but saw no trek forums got a direct link?

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:52 pm

mattym1985 wrote:I don't think that link is for the offical sites i think it is just some-one saying so
Someone? Noe isn't just someone, he was the head admin over at Filefront and ofcourse now is the one that is trying to keep the Filefront community(and network sites) together so, yeah, thats about as official as it gets.
I went there but saw no trek forums got a direct link?
Its "Starbase 13" under the "Entertainment" section can't miss it, though its for sci-fi in general for now ofcourse.

http://forum.strategyinformer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28
My Games:

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:13 pm

well because that site is only taking the few top sites from filefront and from what i know no star trek games make it.

On the other hand i mass downloaded filefront and got about 1700 files but im not going throught them. if someone is interested in adding them let me know.

mark
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mark » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:18 pm

For which games mate? if you gotta load of trek mods let me know on here or via icq (this is jigalyouff) and i`ll have the mfor the site i have set up.

mattym1985
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by mattym1985 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:49 am

File Front Comes Back from the Dead with the founders help all we can say is well done

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:22 pm

This is epic news! w00t!
My Games: