suggestions...

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

suggestions...

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:42 am

Okay, I finally got myself a brand-new copy of Armada 2, and i want to get back into armada 2 modding. Can anyone suggest any good A2 mods and where to find them?

--Star_Dragon_001
"The true war is waged in the hearts of all living things - against our own natures, light or dark; that is what shapes and binds this galaxy, not these creations of man." --Darth Traya

steviegirl
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by steviegirl » Wed May 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Some like fleet ops becouse of the A1 feel.Birth of the feds is good also.Just takes some time to build up to the TNG era!
"He´s dead Jim,you get the tri-corder,I´ll get his wallet."

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:35 pm

*looks at the site* Hmmm... interesting... I'll have to try it out when I get the chance.

BTW... if anyone is interested, I've posted a part of the story that goes along with my STAUCP mod. It's in the FanFiction Sub-Forum. I'm currently waiting for someone to reply so I can post the next part.

--Star_Dragon_001
"The true war is waged in the hearts of all living things - against our own natures, light or dark; that is what shapes and binds this galaxy, not these creations of man." --Darth Traya

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Okay, I was screwing around in the A2 directory, and I noticed that the mission objectives were in editable .txt format. is there a way i can edit them to say something else? I think they are linked to the .drl & .dsl. Meaning, if I edit, say, a Federation objective file that says the enterprise must survive, and make it say something else, then use it in an upcoming mod without putting the enterprise into the picture, the mission results in an instant fail. Is there a way to get around this? I just want to make the objective files say something different so that when I play with my upcoming mod and campaign, well... you get the picture (Right?).

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Thu May 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Most likely the mission results in an instant fail because there is no enterprise on the map, and not because you've changed the objectives text. Actual mission triggers and win/loose rules are set in the drl or dsl files, and not the objectives text file.

If you wanted to replace the enterprise with a different ship (or even a station) you can do this by copying the enterprise label to the new ship/station. You can edit labels in map editor by double-clicking on the ship/station. If you do this, make sure that you either remove the enterprise or rename its label before saving as you'll probably get a nice crash otherwise.

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Fri May 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Most likely the mission results in an instant fail because there is no enterprise on the map, and not because you've changed the objectives text. Actual mission triggers and win/loose rules are set in the drl or dsl files, and not the objectives text file.
Um... that's kinda what I was saying.
If you wanted to replace the enterprise with a different ship (or even a station) you can do this by copying the enterprise label to the new ship/station. You can edit labels in map editor by double-clicking on the ship/station. If you do this, make sure that you either remove the enterprise or rename its label before saving as you'll probably get a nice crash otherwise.
Thx, I'll remember that... but, uh, that's not what I was asking. I was asking if you could edit the Objective files to say something else and make them appear in-game.

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:41 am

mmm. i have to agree that fleet ops is totally awesome