Private Messages

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Private Messages

Post by eddy94 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Everytime I try to send a private message it says "invaild session". I might be my inexperience with the code stuff but does anyone know why this is happening?
eddy94

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ » Sun May 08, 2011 8:35 pm

i had the same problem
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:54 am

I have noticed that it always happens here and I first noticed it a year or two ago when I first tried sending a message. It seems like the messaging system for private messages never worked.

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ » Mon May 09, 2011 3:24 am

it has, just not recently aparently
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:38 am

Thanks, atleast I know it's not just me
eddy94

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Mon May 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Try using the private messages module that appears on the left navigation bar. Sometimes that worked for me, whereas the forums pm system didn't.

Interestingly enough, it started to work fine for me about a year back.

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Mon May 09, 2011 12:27 pm

I'll give it a try. Is it possible the private messages will ever work properly?
eddy94

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Mon May 09, 2011 2:54 pm

only AFC can answer that.

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:07 pm

I need to contact MajorPayne, is there an alternative to private messages?
eddy94

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:17 pm

eddy94 wrote:I need to contact MajorPayne, is there an alternative to private messages?
I sent an e-mail to MajorPayne here before using the link from his profile to send an e-mail message and I was asking for just alittle help/alittle advice on a problem. He never even replied back. This was like maybe two months or so ago.

I have gotten the same type of treatment from others when sending an e-mail or even private messages on other modding sites. I consider it disrespectful at times for them to do that.

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks for the advice and warnings on chances of replies. I'm sad to hear of your treatment but can't say I've had that myself as I only really use this site and one or two others and all seem extremely nice. Hope you have some better luck (:
eddy94

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:34 pm

eddy94 wrote:Thanks for the advice and warnings on chances of replies. I'm sad to hear of your treatment but can't say I've had that myself as I only really use this site and one or two others and all seem extremely nice. Hope you have some better luck (:
What other sites do you use?
I have used MSFC and got banned for wrongful reasons, I have my own personal opinions and ideas and apparently I get targetted for them and also treated wrong for them. What they say about me on that site isn't true and they have even said that I have tried to commit ban evasion, that isn't true either and I feel sorry for those that have gotten banned for the assumption that they were banning me. :(

I also used File Front and Armada2Files but the same thing happened there as at MSFC. It is extreamly sad, but I have fallen into a community that is actually very rude.

The only good site that I have been at (be sides here since I have been here for some time) is MMM, Megadroids Mission Mod, right now the site is down for maintance before his downloads are released so I keep checking back to find when the site is up and the tools are released for creating missions are out too.

The last site I have used is the Fleet Ops homepage. I did some research and found out some things that Fleet Ops modding team shouldn't be doing and brought it to their attention, big mistake, I got banned there as well.

I should have listened to SquireJames when it comes to the Armada II Community for he fell in dis-favore with the community as well and is at MMM at least.

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Mainly I use Armada2File and the coexisting site for Star Trek Lecacy (which I sometimes use). But this is by far the best (I'm not boot licking by the way :p). Your best bet is to look for old topics with solutions, thats what I try to do for most of my problems to save bugging or annoying people.

Or it my just be that you have extremely bad luck when it comes to forums (: I really hope you have some better look or good news
eddy94

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:43 pm

PS homemade sites tend to have better content big sites like Armada2Files generally have more spam and useless content on them than the smaller or homemade sites
eddy94

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Wed May 11, 2011 7:25 am

jetnova. I've put up with all kinds of whinging and moaning from you when others don't or won't help you. You say that other people are being disrespectful to you when your just as bad if not worse (and this latest pair of replies proves the point). Also when you speak of the community being rude to you, again your acting just as bad and I tell you one thing. It's going to stop right now on here. It also seems you've decided to make a personal attack directly against me. When you make something personal with the senior admin of any site and then make your personal opinions known on the same forum/website, then it proves that your more willing to open your mouth without thinking about what your saying. I'll issue this public warning (and this will be the last warning you receive from me as I won't waste any further words on your). If you continue with this way of posting then MMM will be your only modding option.

Now on the personal matter of why I haven't responded. Simply put. I'm not at your beck and call to solve your mod issues whenever you feel its necessary. I'm also not obliged to answer any email from anyway and if you don't like it. Tough. Get used to it.

@eddy. I've added you to my MSN list so once I've got my netbook back online give me a yell.