Private Messages

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 »

Thanks MajorPayne, sorry if I've been a little impaitent with people.

PS MajorPayne, I've just got a new router and it seems to have a mind of its own. So I might be offline for about a week while I'll track down the problem (:
eddy94
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 »

MajorPayne wrote:jetnova. I've put up with all kinds of whinging and moaning from you when others don't or won't help you. You say that other people are being disrespectful to you when your just as bad if not worse (and this latest pair of replies proves the point). Also when you speak of the community being rude to you, again your acting just as bad and I tell you one thing. It's going to stop right now on here. It also seems you've decided to make a personal attack directly against me. When you make something personal with the senior admin of any site and then make your personal opinions known on the same forum/website, then it proves that your more willing to open your mouth without thinking about what your saying. I'll issue this public warning (and this will be the last warning you receive from me as I won't waste any further words on your). If you continue with this way of posting then MMM will be your only modding option.

Now on the personal matter of why I haven't responded. Simply put. I'm not at your beck and call to solve your mod issues whenever you feel its necessary. I'm also not obliged to answer any email from anyway and if you don't like it. Tough. Get used to it.

@eddy. I've added you to my MSN list so once I've got my netbook back online give me a yell.
I don't whine and I don't moan. I have always politely asked for help on every site that I have visited. Others have made up things about me and also have been rude making up a reputation, a reputation that I shouldn't have to deal with, a reputation that tarnishes my good name, a reputation that forces me to have to defend myself which I shouldn't have to do.

I wasn't being rude by stating the obvious when it comes to the community being rude. I was just stating it so that Eddy94 can know some of the truth about really what goes on in the Armada II Community.

The First Amendment gives me the right to speak freely and say what I want to. I haven't seen any place that says that a person can't state their mind and their opinions online and unless it goes against the Government, the President, another Country or the Law then it can't be said online, but this isn't the case, thus I have rights, rights that I am entitled to.

I do think about what I say, I take my time to even write a reply to know exactly what I want to say sometimes I actually take hours to think about a reply, like now.

All I can say, is that you have the right to not answer e-mails. I was justing asking for a suggestion on what to do, you never had to do anyhting but just offer a suggestions. If yo udidn't want to the polite thing to do is to reply saying you don't have the time, just not making someone think that you never got the e-mail or are just being unpolite and just aren't going to reply. I ahve been like that and polite in saying that I couldn't offer help. I have even attempted to offer help to others here from all that I have learned from my modding attempts. I am not personally attacking you, Major Payne and don't even intend to, I was just trying to state directly what I have exspeienced from my attempt to contact you. Like for example, I remember you gave me your MSN IM contact and never got back to me when you said thart you would last year.

I am sorry if you feel that I am attacking you but I thought and truly belive that Eddy94 deserved and had a right to know the truth. Never had the intention of attacking you or ruining your reputation even crossed my mind or even something I have been trying to do. Sorry to make you feel that way.
eddy94 wrote:Thanks MajorPayne, sorry if I've been a little impaitent with people.

PS MajorPayne, I've just got a new router and it seems to have a mind of its own. So I might be offline for about a week while I'll track down the problem (:
Eddy94, I really suggest that you try to take my advice. I have been attempting to mod Armada II since 2007 and since then I have gone through what I have told you. Threatened with bans, and just plain threadtend. I happend to have a secondary Facebook Page where I can release mods that I upload to MegaUpload since it is a profile that I only created for Star Trek Armada II and my Star Trek Novels. I only haven't done that because of the rights of other modders and their creations. Way I am treated always makes me think twice about that though and I have always decided that their rights are more important. I really suggest that you go to MMM, I can give you a link if you want . You will easily be welcomed there with no questions asked, Megadroid will help you with what he can and there are others there that can help you as well. And that will be the case even if you are impaitent.

@MajorPayne, I totally respect you and always considered you to be a great modder and thought that was a good reason to ask you for help. You're reply to my post and even others has slowly downgraded that respect. I thought that you were the person to go to for help, maybe I was really wrong.
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

Firstly, for your benefit I'll respost one of the lines from AFC's forum rules:
Board Content
No flaming, no warez, no advertising, no racism, no homophobia, no narcotics, no overtly sexual themes and no plagarism. Also, no posting articles without commenting on them. This applies to posts and the below. You do not have Freedom of Speech here. Don't talk to us about irrelevant American constitutional law because we really don't care. And we've heard it a thousand times too. Think you're the only person to come up with "Free speech! I HAVE FREE SPEECH!"? No you're not, so if we tell you you can't say something, you can't.
I suggest you re-read the forum rules before making statements such as the one you have.

Whilst I will agree with you that you do try to be polite when requesting help as I recal pepperman saying, there are times when you provide way to much info which people are just not willing to read. I'll also agree that some people can make things up about others, but theres also truth in what people say. Plain and simple. With regards to your emails. Theres little point in responded if an answer can't be found and when I made my last reply here it was the way you posted that caused me to reply harshly. As for reputation. Although I've been informed of your past conduct on other sites I've used, I've not had that happen to any high degree here and whilst you have treaded that fine line a couple of time I've not yet acted, now have I.
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 »

MajorPayne wrote:Firstly, for your benefit I'll respost one of the lines from AFC's forum rules:
Board Content
No flaming, no warez, no advertising, no racism, no homophobia, no narcotics, no overtly sexual themes and no plagarism. Also, no posting articles without commenting on them. This applies to posts and the below. You do not have Freedom of Speech here. Don't talk to us about irrelevant American constitutional law because we really don't care. And we've heard it a thousand times too. Think you're the only person to come up with "Free speech! I HAVE FREE SPEECH!"? No you're not, so if we tell you you can't say something, you can't.
I suggest you re-read the forum rules before making statements such as the one you have.

Whilst I will agree with you that you do try to be polite when requesting help as I recal pepperman saying, there are times when you provide way to much info which people are just not willing to read. I'll also agree that some people can make things up about others, but theres also truth in what people say. Plain and simple. With regards to your emails. Theres little point in responded if an answer can't be found and when I made my last reply here it was the way you posted that caused me to reply harshly. As for reputation. Although I've been informed of your past conduct on other sites I've used, I've not had that happen to any high degree here and whilst you have treaded that fine line a couple of time I've not yet acted, now have I.
I am sorry about that, I will believe you and go by what you say, but what you are saying about Rights, God Given, and Constitutional Rights, opens up many lawsuit possiblities, especially when there is a lawyer in my family and a few other people in authority in the law field. I don't see how I can give up my rights or allow them to be violated like that, but if you say you can, I'd really have to say that you'd have to have the Law on your side and I don't think there is a single lawyer in the world that will even take the case.

Like for many other things, flaming and warez are free to interpetation. To one person they may not be considered under that catogory for something they say or write well to others, such as yourself or other admins on any site in their opinion it could bee. So am I correct to say that in a way, I am not free to my own opinions here? And I can't state them or openly object to something and follow the rights that I (and everyone else) has in everyday life? If that is the case, I'd find it hard to give them up and actually find it hard to do.

You are fully right, you haven't acted and I am truly glad that you haven't. I guess I can try to do the hardest thing and give up my rights here when it comes to my Constitutional Rights if you wish that I do so? I will still at least try to be as polite as possible.

When it comes to: "Too Much Information" I have been taught that it is better to be therough in what you are trying to say and to be fully exact and descriptive where ever possible so that there wouldn't be any confusion and a redundancy in information so that everything that has been tried has already been said so that it isn't suggested again. That way it is to prevent flaming and warez. That is why I have been giving more information that others might think is just to much information it also allows for everything to be posted in one post especially when you (I) don't have internat access all of the time.
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

jetnova. The simple fact that everyone has to get used when they start using a new forum is that said forums are always independantly owned. In this case AFC paid for the domain name and owns the site and its entire contents including the forums. Therefore its his word thats law and with the fact that american law doesn't apply in any context on a privately owned forum theres little that can be done about.

Anyway. Back to the point in question. Have you ever thought of trying to get hold of 3dmax 5 any way you can?? Its far easier to make conversions and hardpointing is a darn site simpler.
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 »

MajorPayne wrote:jetnova. The simple fact that everyone has to get used when they start using a new forum is that said forums are always independantly owned. In this case AFC paid for the domain name and owns the site and its entire contents including the forums. Therefore its his word thats law and with the fact that american law doesn't apply in any context on a privately owned forum theres little that can be done about.

Anyway. Back to the point in question. Have you ever thought of trying to get hold of 3dmax 5 any way you can?? Its far easier to make conversions and hardpointing is a darn site simpler.
I have looked into getting 3dmax 5, its just still the price of it is the problem. :( Is there a trial version or something like a trial that I could get it?