Has the Star Trek Armada fix been found yet for windows 7?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

FulhamGaz
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Has the Star Trek Armada fix been found yet for windows 7?

Post by FulhamGaz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi folks,

New member here and was reading with interest to some of the solutions but not having any joy with them. As has been said in an earlier post I have been having the same problems running in the compatibilty modes for W7. Game freezes as soon as the enterprise comes on screen and thats as far as I can go. If i use task manager the screen just pops up in it's proper state befor eit switches.

Has there been a fix found?

Many Thanks FG

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:33 pm

I think this has more to do with the video card than with win7. Are you running a newer NVIDIA card?

Running in XP SP2 compatibility mode helps with startup problems. If you're able to get as far as the mission cinematics, I think compatibility settings are ok. See if you can get older drivers for your card. Other than that, there's not much that comes to mind.

I know there's a 3rd party tweaking application for Nvidia cards that lets you change some settings that normally are not available. For some games, tweaking these settings helped with excessive lag and freezing. I can't be more specific without doing the research again :P

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:50 pm

You can get windows ultimate and then run http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtua ... fault.aspx which has Windows Virtual PC and xp mode built in.

other one is duel boot system windows 7 and xp there is a 64 dit version out there that nice