New Mod Announcement!!!

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

New Mod Announcement!!!

Post by eddy94 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:46 am

Hi,

I'm annoucing a new mod which is under construction called Mad Universe Mod. The mod is inbetween the new film Star Trek XI and the TOS era. At this time it only plans to be for the Federation side and one new Klingon and Romulan ship. There is a new site under construction for the mod: www.maduniversemod.com and for more details on the models and the Mad Universe idea check out www.madshipyard.com

The mod will include new menus, GUI, weapons, ships, stations, music, etc. This really will be a totally new look for the game. The only problm with thismod is that it uses extremely detailed models. Which means that it will run slowly for alot of users unless you have a graphics card about 512mb and a 2.8GHz cpu (this is just a guess off my own specs). I will most likely bring out a normal poly model version too.

Mod by Eddy Wilson aka eddy94 and Ricky Wallace aka MadMan
Last edited by eddy94 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Good luck with the mod :)

Just a note on high poly count; highly detailed models run slow not cause of slow processors, but because of some limitations in the armada graphics engine. Even on newer machines that are still able to run armada, high poly models will cause slowdowns.

I guess if they are less than 6000 polies, then you can still make this work ok :)

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Mite try running the mod out of the Fleetops verion of Armada.

I've had good frame rates with fleets of high poly model units added to their version of the game.

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for the tips, I am aware of them and are editing the graphics files. I just though I'd warn people incase they were disappointed if the game had a lot of lag. Also the new specs I'm just using my own as a educated guess. Thanks for the tips eddy94 (:
eddy94

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:34 pm

By any chance, is there going to be any Alternate Reality Federation starships and also ships that are from the Alternate Reality for the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Star Empire?

If so, what ones will there be? Will there be an Alternate Reality Excelsior-class for example?

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:14 am

Yes, there will be the Alternate Reality Enterprise. But most ships will be in the Mad Universe Era and the TOS Era. As for the Klingons and Romulans, the Klingons will have the Alternate Reality D7 (as seen in the Kobayashi Maru test in the new film). But the Romulans will have a Mad Universe ship. If you need more details I will have the on the Mad Universe site soon.

Also I will possible bring out updates which will total convert the Klingons, Romulans and replace the Borg with a new race. So don't worry as I will make sure to include some Alternate Reality ships to go in the mod. :)

P.S. If anyone has any ideas or comments on the mod please post in the topic and on the Mad Universe Site (www.maduniversemod.com) Thanks for your intrest and support in the mod :)
Last edited by eddy94 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:21 pm

eddy94 wrote:Yes, there will be the Alternate Reality Enterprise. But most ships will be in the Mad Universe Era and the TOS Era. As for the Klingons and Romulans, the Klingons will have the Alternate Reality D7 (as seen in the Kobayashi Maru test in the new film). But the Romulans will have a Mad Universe ship. If you need more details I will have the on the Mad Universe site soon.

Also I will possible bring out updates which will total convert the Klingons, Romulans and replace the Borg with a new race. So don't worry as I will make sure to include some Alternate Reality ships to go in the mod. :)

P.S. If anyone has any ideas or comments on the mod please post in the topic and on the Mad Universe Site (www.maduniverse.webs.com) Thanks for your intrest and support in the mod :)
Great to hear. I'll keep on checking out the status of the mod. It already sounds interesting.

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:19 pm

The site is now up and running!!!! If you like the sound of the mod, just have a look around (:
eddy94

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:18 am

looks awesome

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 pm

eddy94

fuller