IMPORTANT. ALL USERS TO READ!!

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

IMPORTANT. ALL USERS TO READ!!

Post by MajorPayne » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:00 am

For those that still come here I am officially announcing that I will, in no way, attempt to remove any further threads or replies posted by ANY user. The reason for this is due to several things:

1) Most importantly. I have not seen or heard from AFC, Phantom, Cecilzero or any of the moderators (if any are still around) in over 12 months. I am therefore left to presume that I am the only member of staff still here and I have limited access to much of the admin modules for the site.

2) I have noticed at least two advertising bots mass posting on the forum, something which I was under the impression wasn't possible after the new registering rules were put in place a couple of years ago. This newest one has been banned but I refuse to remove any of its replies/threads. I would do one mass deletion but I have no idea what function from the admin CP controls this.

3) I've noticed there is a VERY limited amount of members posting, which simply tells me the forum is running in a VERY poor manner. On this I refuse to continue my close administration of the forum as I believe it just isn't that necessary any further.

4) Due to my innability to manage any uploads (I have no FTP access at all) it is not possible to confirm any uploads for any users wishing to submit them.

Finally, whilst this means I will not be leaving this position, the current status of the forum means that very little, if anything, is likely to change, even though I have previously announced that large scale changes would be done to make the forum more open to non, Armada based content.

I'll take this moment to appologise to any users who are still presently using the forums but theres only so much I'm able to take care of. If, in due course, AFC or Cecilzero make an appearance then things may change, but IMHO I can't see this happening any time soon.

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 am

Phantom is still around, but has not appeared on these forums.

I have limited forum-moderating privileges from the time that AFC and I were trying to implement a few fixes/upgrades to the site, but since then I haven't heard from him. For the time being, I can still go through and delete spam bots, as this only happens once every few weeks, but if it gets worse, then it will just be too much trouble. There are of course, alternatives to AFC should things become unsustainable, but that would be unfortunate.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:08 pm

That is understandable MajorPayne, you did say once before that the Armada Community is slowly decreasing in size.

Well you are only one person, I don't think anyone expects you to do everything for the forums and the entire site any ways.

Thank you though for everything that you do do here.

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:18 am

To be honest, i think what you do for the site is brilliant.

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:41 pm

I think the number of armada 1 modders is extremely small but i think armada 2 isn't too bad
eddy94

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:10 am

A2 gets more modding because it is a better game to start with.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:08 am

I agree that Star Trek Armada II is a better game! It has so many aspects that I like that Armada I doesn't have, especially mining and colonizing planets. The ships are better, look better and the graphics are great! Plus it's able to have more races added to it than Armada I.
"If the starship profiles the Vulcans gave us are correct..."
"They're correct lieutenant, that's a Klingon Battle Cruiser." (From Star Trek Enterprise - Lt. Reed and Commander T'Pol)

haloklingreborn
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

please dont die!

Post by haloklingreborn » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:54 am

i remember back when i was a snot nosed kid...this site was here for me/and my husband.. before all the others. I learned to mod here how to model how to ...damn i got my job because of half of the things i did here back when i had another user account which i will leave out as their is no point in bringing up the past any more i recently found a2 going for 200 today American! so... i still play the demo :D we all move on and grow but some if not all of us still have a heart or flame for this game and it will never die at least in my heart nor would i like to see this site fall pm me ...i might be able to help ...ooh and don't mind my grammar its 3:53 am over here and im tired of trying to find anyone still in this field!

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi guys,

it has been awhile since I visited here. Sorry to hear about all the troubles.
MajorPayne wrote:I have no FTP access at all
I do have full access to ftp, if you need anything let me know. you can send me a PM on BOTF side or e-mail me.

thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:22 pm

thunderchero. With the sheer lack of attention this forum and site have been receiving in the past few years I don't think there's any real reason for any new uploads or other "things".

I think I'm about the only admin who still frequents this place now.

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:37 pm

That is a shame,

I was unaware that afc was unable to update armada site like he did botf site to phpbb3 in 2011. I know there was some major conversion problems with member list on botf site and I had to go though each member 1 by 1 taking out the bad/invalid e-mail addresses so conversion would go though (it took me a week).

I am currently trying to contact afc to talk to him about making some changes on botf site. maybe we can get armada updated too? If he ever response to my e-mail.

I did talk to him by phone back in june, but it was very quick call to inform him domain expired. so he is at least still paying the bills. but like here it has been over a year since he has logged in at botf site.

thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:48 am

Well the only thing I can suggest is make a full, complete, back up of the site and forum if your able to incase the site does go down some time in the future. I've not seen AFC online in a very long time.

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:23 am

I regularly create backups of the ftp even your site folder. but I am unable to create a sql backup since I do not have admin access here. But you might be able to. in admin control panel on left you should see "general admin" then below that "backup database" in new screen select "full backup" and "gzip compress file" then "start backup" it is a small file 10 - 20mb that hold forum data base info.

thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm

The thing is I haven't had the admin cp link for almost two years so without it I can't do much except keep control of postings on the forum. If you know the link then it would be ideal if you could pm it to me.

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:05 pm

you could open an account on https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/botf/ and send me a PM

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.