Trying to get Armada 2 running

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Dewbacca
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Trying to get Armada 2 running

Post by Dewbacca » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Folks I lost my cd with several others years ago in a move but have treasured my archived .iso in hopes of getting the game up and running again someday.

That day has come and I am the proud owner of a corrupted file apparently, as it installs but the virtual drive demands a CD even though the image is mounted.

I looked around for a tech support forum and didn't find any to peruse, so if you can kindly direct me towards a forum with other sad folks like me...

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:55 pm

I've sent oyu a PM on the subject matter at hand.

Dewbacca
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Dewbacca » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the assistance. don't trust the "wares" sites and such, but with it being such an old game I suppose my odds of seeing a premium treatment like BotF received is too much to hope for.

Edit:
I couldn't reply via the PM for some reason but a reinstall and the 2 patches up to v1.25 seem to have done the trick. I was able to get the game to recognize the mounted .iso with a different virtual drive software and ran thru the tutorials last night.

Thanks again for the assistance.