3DS MAX FILES HELP

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

db2012
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

3DS MAX FILES HELP

Post by db2012 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:07 pm

How do you install this ships and stations from these(3DS MAX FILES)files. after i download and extract them?
Also how do u use the star wars ships as well. meaning where do i put them iin. because i would like to play with some of these ships and stations.

shadow
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by shadow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 pm

You can not install 3ds max files directly to Armada or Armada2.

Files in this format are meant for modders and artists which want to use them to create their own version of these, or use them to create 3D Artwork.

You need to have either one of these programs / editors: 3ds Max or Milkshape.

Guessing from your writing, I assume that you have no prior knowledge of 3D Modeling.

Therefore I recommend that you get yourself a copy of Milkshape. It is a shareware program, easy to learn, and will cost you around 35 USD to get the licence key.

If you have Milkshape you can import the 3ds max files and add the hierarchy of meshes and hardpoints Armada 1and 2 need.
Then you have to export them to SOD format, before they are useable in Armada1 or 2.

If you want to learn how to do it, go to the tutorials section and get all the necessary documents.
Westworlds Big Book of Modding
Milkshape Tutorials