Into Darkness

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Into Darkness

Post by fuller » Wed May 15, 2013 11:15 am

Following the release of the new movie, it got me looking for some of the ships. are there any of the other ships than the Enterprise, which is the only ship from the new films i can find?

Angilas
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Angilas » Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 pm

My best suggestion fuller is wait anywhere from a few weeks after the movies release to at least 2 months. After looking at Armada2.filefront...
Kelvin and Derivitates released 5-28-2009
Constitution Class (2009) pack released 6-04-2009
Alternate Realtivy (2009) pack released 8-01-2010
Star Trek XI - Stardock released 8-09-2009

As I was saying, I would give it a few weeks to a few months before we started seeing ships from Into Darkness as mods. I would still love to see the Narada as a mod, but I have a feeling it will be a year or so before we see that ship as a mod

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Tue May 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks for the first film ships, thats really helpful.

i'd also like to see the Narada, its such an epic ship with some awesome weaponry.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Thu May 23, 2013 10:59 am

Aside from the info thats been posted by Angilas there is the following:

- Unreleased Narada of around 15700 polys for Bridge Commander. The model was made before the film was released so isnt completely 100% accurate. It might be on BC files. There is also a seriously high poly version (around 80k) CGI based model but the site that had it has since closed down and I'm not entirely sure where it is available from. Finally there is a version of the Narada which is based on both these version (so again is not the most accurate version available) which is available in this mod:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/borg-incursion-the-next-level

- As for the new film, the modeller known as "Baz" in the Bridge Commander community (he made both the JJPrise and Kelvin for BC) is in the process of making the USS Vengeance. Last i checked he had finished the mesh and started the texture set for it. When he's done and if its released, I'm planning to ask for permission to make a lower poly rebuild (unless Aad gets to it first :P ).

** Quick Ammedment **
After having checked on Scfi-meshes there is also a modeller on there attempting a high poly CGI Vengeance model, but its unknown if its likely to be released. The modellers website is here:

http://www.madshipyard.com/

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:35 am

I to am interested in getting the Dreadnought-class starship from Star Trek Into Darkness as a mod, the USS Vengence was a cool and unique ship.

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Tue May 28, 2013 1:22 pm

she would be a great addition to the game, but i would suggest she be rather heavy on resources s that you cant easily build an "uber-fleet" of them.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Tue May 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Fuller. You might want to wait until baz has finished his version first. He may not give permission for a lower version to be made.
Last edited by MajorPayne on Wed May 29, 2013 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Tue May 28, 2013 1:33 pm

ah cool. cheers for letting me know.