New Layout Feedback

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

New Layout Feedback

Post by thunderchero » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi everyone,

Just so you know we have 2 styles available (forum only, site index will not change)

a light version (more mobile friendly)
and
a dark version (star background)

you can change this in user control panel/board preferences

you will also notice we have added some new bbcodes for posting.

Feel free to share your thoughts and feelings about the new site design and forum themes (light and dark). We can take the good and bad.

BTW re are aware some images are missing we will try to work on those tomorrow. but if you see any you can right click the image and look at properties and if it starts with "www.armadafleetcommand.com" you can report them here and we will try to get them working again.

thunderchero

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: New Layout Feedback

Post by fuller » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:00 pm

just realised this post was on here so only just changed to the dark background, which i love, so sorry about that!!!

i really like the new layout, really user friendly and very flashy, heartily commended. :)

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:30 pm

fuller wrote:just realised this post was on here so only just changed to the dark background, which i love, so sorry about that!!!

i really like the new layout, really user friendly and very flashy, heartily commended. :)
Glad you like it, there is still a few little things :roll: to do in site index, but forum is fully updated now.

thunderchero

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Where do you go to see the newest topics like the old version? Every time I come here now it's impossible to find the newest created topics so its harder to browse and use the site. Other than that the setup is nice but as I stated still confusing.

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Je_mezu24 wrote:Where do you go to see the newest topics like the old version?
I am guessing you are talking about the last 10 posts that was on site index? this is not possible to have on wordpress without a custom plugin.
Je_mezu24 wrote:Every time I come here now it's impossible to find the newest created topics so its harder to browse and use the site.

there is a couple ways to see the newest posts

first the topic icon will change from white/gray to yellow/gold if a new topic is started or a new reply.

also at top of forum index you have links to "View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics" for latest post click on link for "View new posts" this will display the new topics and or any new reply's you have not seen.

All of this would work better if there was more activity on forum but since update (over 1 month ago) there has only been 9 members that have logged in. this is very disappointing :(

Here is the topic icon legends

the only difference from image above is sticky's have 2 bars where image above has only 1

thunderchero

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:22 am

wondered why the icons were changing!!! thats actually a pretty cool idea, really like it.

on another note, who are the nine members who've logged in out of interest?