anybody still around ?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

usscapital
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

anybody still around ?

Post by usscapital » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:20 pm

I found this site again , is it still owned by mav ?.

I tried to log in with my old uss_capital username etc but it said it could not find the info or something like that

is anybody still here ?

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by MajorPayne » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:52 am

Oh theres still a bare handful of people around but rare postings. As for Mav. Haven't seen him post in well over 18 months.

usscapital
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by usscapital » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:51 am

nice to see some people I remember lol , playing startrek online myself lol

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:19 pm

Yep, still come here from time to time, played STO from August 2012 up until recently; of late, I've turned to some older games I used to play such as TES4: Oblivion and TES3: Morrowind. Broke out some Fleet Ops for a couple of hours with a friend back around New Years, marking the first time I played any Armada in, shoot, quite some time.
Dead

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:35 am

I keep checking in occasionally but never seeing any new posts.
There also aren't any new mods here or at Armada2Files, pretty much seems like Armada I & II are pretty much dead.

I've been waiting for different mods to be made (at A2Files one was promised in a comments section that I was hoping for as well).
Its the Odyssey-class Tactical Cruiser from Star Trek Online and the Klingon Bortasqu' also from STO.

I'm also waiting for and hoping to hear more information on the Future Tense mod but that to sadly seems dead.

usscapital
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by usscapital » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:15 am

any way to get armada2 to run at 1920x1080 res ? , looks crud on a 27" monitor lol

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:38 am

The Fleet Ops mod should help as the mod provides alot of additional resolutions for different monitors. Its about the only way you'll get it working even close to properly.

CareLessFew
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by CareLessFew » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:03 pm

Hey there, i would say everyone but I am sure only a few still check this.

I recently felt the need to replay some old ST games. Started with SoaSE STA:3 but that just got me wanting to play Armada 2. I have the old CD and installed it and put a few mods on it, namely, Fleet Ops. This all seemed to scratch my itch but now I want to play Armada 1 and put a few mods on that and replay it a bit.

Problem is I don't have the dish for that. Can't seem to buy it anywhere an can't find any digital copies for sale.

How are people playing the mod versions?

Do I need to play a massive amount of money on Ebay for a classic just to have a vanilla copy to mod?

Thanks

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Heheh, funny that a few of us still come here every few days to check for new posts, but none of us really make any new posts.

I haven't had time to play anything in the past year or so. Modding is a bit out of the question, although it hurts someplace deep to know that the Future Tense mod is going to waste at this rate. I check back on the EzEngine that FleetOps folks have teamed up with, thinking that FT might live on in some new incarnation further in the future :P

At this point, people are moving on to Win8 or fancy graphics cards that cant' run Armada. Personally, I'd stick with FleetOps if you get the Armada itch, seeing as there's still a bit of an active community, and even online sessions.

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:49 am

So the Star Trek Future Tense mod is dead? Well there goes my hopes of ever playing it :(
Bet if I had what was done with it so far I might be able to complete it, but I bet that won't even happens. Shame really, I was waiting for Future Tense to put new life into my Star Trek Armada I playing since I don't touch that game anymore. Guess I can officially uninstall A1 and maybe "mothball" a copy of its installation file since it was slightly modded and forget about it. :(

Really most of the time I've been coming here to see if there was any news on Future Tense as I mentioned in my previous post. Guess I can occasionally check to see if there is any new posts once in awhile but I guess its true there really isn't any life in Armada I & II anymore.

usscapital
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by usscapital » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:33 pm

so no way to get armada 2 @1080P ?

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:41 pm

usscapital wrote:so no way to get armada 2 @1080P ?
As Major Payne pointed out, if you run Fleetops, you can set resolution to 1080p. There are "stock" mods that attempt to make fleetops play like the stock A2 game.

The unofficial patch 1.3 for armada 1 also allows you to run in 1080p.
Je_mezu24 wrote:So the Star Trek Future Tense mod is dead?
The problem really is that A1 has died on most new PCs. There is no motivation to continue development without a workaround for Win8 launch and Nvidia graphics errors. I want to make use of all the assets that have been created for FT in another incarnation; for example, in EzEngine version of fleetops NX. When this might be come into being depends on too many things.. so we'll see.

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:35 pm

MrVulcan wrote:
Je_mezu24 wrote:So the Star Trek Future Tense mod is dead?
The problem really is that A1 has died on most new PCs. There is no motivation to continue development without a workaround for Win8 launch and Nvidia graphics errors. I want to make use of all the assets that have been created for FT in another incarnation; for example, in EzEngine version of fleetops NX. When this might be come into being depends on too many things.. so we'll see.
I have Armada I and II working on both a Windows 7 computer as well as on a Windows 8 computer. Both use Nvidia graphic cards and have no graphic errors. You actually got to know how to use the full potential of the graphics card to get around it having errors. Only had graphical errors with A1 and A2 on Windows 8 once and after diagnosing the problem they both work fine.

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Je_mezu24 wrote:I have Armada I and II working on both a Windows 7 computer as well as on a Windows 8 computer. Both use Nvidia graphic cards and have no graphic errors. You actually got to know how to use the full potential of the graphics card to get around it having errors. Only had graphical errors with A1 and A2 on Windows 8 once and after diagnosing the problem they both work fine.
A lot of people are having problems with running Armada on Win 8, and are having graphics tearing issues with newer NVIDIA cards (600+ series as far as I know). Your insight into these problems would be very beneficial. Please describe your problems as well as how you got things running.

I am running rather old hardware myself and haven't had to deal with these problems. Please don't hold back whatever helpful info you may have on getting A1 to run properly on current PCs.

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:51 pm

MrVulcan wrote:
Je_mezu24 wrote:I have Armada I and II working on both a Windows 7 computer as well as on a Windows 8 computer. Both use Nvidia graphic cards and have no graphic errors. You actually got to know how to use the full potential of the graphics card to get around it having errors. Only had graphical errors with A1 and A2 on Windows 8 once and after diagnosing the problem they both work fine.
A lot of people are having problems with running Armada on Win 8, and are having graphics tearing issues with newer NVIDIA cards (600+ series as far as I know). Your insight into these problems would be very beneficial. Please describe your problems as well as how you got things running.

I am running rather old hardware myself and haven't had to deal with these problems. Please don't hold back whatever helpful info you may have on getting A1 to run properly on current PCs.

All I did is I went in search for information on my Nvidia Graphics Card and found out how to edit its settings and kept experimenting until I found the best one that would work with Armada I.
I also included every single patch for Armada I and set it to run in compatibility mode as well as soon as I installed it.

I used the following links in my endeavors to get A1 working on Windows 8 but all computers are different (people even say it here all the time). What worked for myself might not work for others.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/performance_group.html

I can't remember what I did fully just know I changed around different settings and followed tutorials on YouTube till I had the right solution and the games worked.