anybody still around ?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by fuller » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:03 pm

I think the difficulties between these old games and the new systems makes it too hard to make running these games consistently worth it. I know that I rarely play anymore because of A) a lack of time and B) a lack of options for gameplay

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:28 pm

<cough> <cough> moth balls down my throat....

To be honest posts promoting FT didn't get any interest on A2Files n stuff so it kinda disheartened the the past year with Real Life stuff has been a whirlwind and assumed that people stopped playing Armada.

I am guilty of playing Star Trek Online tho (Paras2012) but seeing the posts here maybe it'd be worth dusting off a MOD from an old hard drive ;)

Taras you still alive and well and up for the usual challenges?

Ad'

usscapital
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by usscapital » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Phantom wrote:<cough> <cough> moth balls down my throat....

To be honest posts promoting FT didn't get any interest on A2Files n stuff so it kinda disheartened the the past year with Real Life stuff has been a whirlwind and assumed that people stopped playing Armada.

I am guilty of playing Star Trek Online tho (Paras2012) but seeing the posts here maybe it'd be worth dusting off a MOD from an old hard drive ;)

Taras you still alive and well and up for the usual challenges?

Ad'
I play STO also (usscapital) lol .

now down to real life =

on the 1st of april of this year at 05.30am I had a mild heart attack and had to have a stent due to a blockage (lesion) in one of the main artaries (spelling lol) on the right side of my heart .

hopefully I will be ok and had to stop smoking , but finding it hard to do as I have smoked since I was 16 lol (45 now) .
so see ya all on the flip side rofl , I plan on starting to my again on a new engine when I find one

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Take care of yourself bud, real life lets itself be known every now and then in the most blunt possible way.

Adam, nice to see you're on the face of this planet :P Been a while.

I'm always up for "more than I can handle", lol. We should catch up and see exactly where we left things off and how much still remains. Honestly, its fine with me that there's almost no one left to play FT. It was enough fun to just mod and see what we can come up with. Although I do want to get it to a state where we and fans can play a few matches :P.

I'm still doing grad studies, so I never really know how much time I'll have on any given week. But here's to hoping. lol

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by galac » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:54 am

Hi guys...i come to site time after time but there's nothing new...i cant play A1 on win8 but i can play UT '99 lol...

sadly, there's no any new star trek rts game...i'm not even sure when i played sto last time...i dont know is it still on my laptop.... and is it game still actvie? what are new stories?? somehow i completely lost interest...

but i hope there will be some miracle to play A1... i also have nvidia geforce...so i could do some tweaking and try not to screw my laptop haha.... it always crashes on that orange screen

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:19 am

I just thought I would check the site.... Has been about 6 years since the last time I was on here. I am glad to see some people are still here. Perhaps in the next couple months I will have some free time to wonder back this way. LOL.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.

shadow
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by shadow » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Still around occasionally, it is sad though that there is nothing new here. But well.

I am still modding and playing armada2 and have created new material, but it is impossible to upload here,so it goes to filefront.

Judging from my observations there are just a view hundred people still active overall and just a few of the modders/creators.
I guess most people play fleetops nowadays. I am waiting for the newest version of it myself.

ansenarion
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by ansenarion » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:56 pm

I just returned after years away. I love A1 and desperately want GOG,com to add A1 and A2. They have finally added a few StarTrek titles and I hope they continue to add more. Hopefully they can get A1 to work on Win8. Shoot tons of older games work on win8 thanks to GOG.

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:19 pm

shadow wrote:but it is impossible to upload here
not impossible, contact MrVulcan he should have ftp access. if he needs help with ftp or adding to download page he can contact me.

thunderchero

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:25 am

Yes, I have the ftp details saved someplace. Please let me know if you want to have something uploaded on AFC and I'll get things arranged.

Please have a list of credits available with anything that you want to submit. Screenshots and description I can help you with.

Cheers :)

shadow
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by shadow » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi Mr Vulcan,
some of my late work has been published at http://armada2.filefront.com under the authors name shadow_from_afc.
I would like to upload some of it here on this site so that new content keeps it interesting, but also to replace some of my old but a bit outdated work.

Files in question are:

Federation_TLE_Stations
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Feder ... ons;122311

Federation_yards_type_1_and_2
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Feder ... d_2;122205

Utopia_Stations
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Utopi ... ons;122182

Federation_Heavy_Weapons_Platform
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Feder ... orm;121831

spacedock_family_new an update of my old work
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/space ... new;121747

Starbase_173_375_family an update of my old work
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Starb ... ily;121576

Unity_Class_Starbase
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Unity ... ase;122181

Take a look and see if it is interesting, also inform me if anything else is needed and how we can proceed.

I am not so content with the Klingon texture of the Unity Class Starbase at the moment,so I am thinking about a newer version which resembles the endgame version but with a bit darker Klingon green and more detail to the mesh (plating) but I am not sure jet.

Also there is some work in progress the Copernicus Station Update
for a preview see http://armada2.filefront.com/potd/141780

The new version has over 24.000 triangles / polys. There is just the wireframe needing some work.
If this is interesting let me know.

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:46 am

I will try to upload these tonight. Sorry for bit of a delay. Have been away.

shadow
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by shadow » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi Mr Vulcan,

Now that filefront is officially dead, how do we proceed to get files on to the website?

I can send you my material via email if your account can handle large attachments.

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:11 am

Took me a few days to figure out how to upload files to the main downloads section.

For the time being, can you send me the files? Dropbox, google drive, some free file hosting, or email (sent you PM with address).

For email, please only .zip files <25MB.
Recommended option is drop box (<2GB) or google drive (15GB).

I will write up a guide for people to submit files once I iron out the details. At some point it will be possible to attach files via PM, but not just yet.

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Be good to have a new site for mods to be hosted now that Armada2Files has officially died. A new site is really needed to host mods.

Not everyone can use MSFC after all and add in the restrictions they do have there many good and unique mods are left away from the Armada 2 Community. I myself can't use MSFC and it's disappointing when I can see the mods that are available there for those people that can get them. I actually have a list of 18 links to mods there that I really wish someone would download for me. They would only be for personal use and I'd never release them without permission from their creators.