anybody still around ?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

CABAL
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by CABAL » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Je_mezu24 wrote:Not everyone can use MSFC after all and add in the restrictions they do have there many good and unique mods are left away from the Armada 2 Community. I myself can't use MSFC and it's disappointing when I can see the mods that are available there for those people that can get them. I actually have a list of 18 links to mods there that I really wish someone would download for me. They would only be for personal use and I'd never release them without permission from their creators.
As an MSFC staff member, I would like to remind people that downloading files for a banned member is a bannable offense. We take artist's rights seriously.
Good night, forum. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.​

User avatar
Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:00 am
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by Hellkite » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:30 pm

As an MSFC Administrator, I can tell you that Cabal is absolutely right and it would be a permanent ban just like the one you have Je_mezu24 /Jetnova .

User avatar
Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by Je_mezu24 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:50 am

Hellkite wrote:As an MSFC Administrator, I can tell you that Cabal is absolutely right and it would be a permanent ban just like the one you have Je_mezu24 /Jetnova .
Hellkite, I've said this hundred of times and you and other Admins at MSFC don't even listen: I am not Jetnova, I don't know anyone by that name in the Armada 2 Community and never have. You are totally 100% mistaken about calling me someone I am not. It isn't right that you and other MSFC admins keep accusing me of being someone I am not especially when as I've said earlier and multiple times I don't know anyone by that name.

Frankly, I'm getting very tired of being accused of being called and judged to be someone I'm not and strongly feel you and other MSFC admins owe me a public apology for your mistreatment of me. It's not right and totally 100% uncalled for!

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator
Posts: 1752
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:00 am

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:34 am

Je_mezu24. Why can't you use MSFC?? I've yet to see anyone have a problem getting on there, and they have their set of rules concerning the obtaining of files which EVERYONE obides by

User avatar
Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by Je_mezu24 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:58 am

MajorPayne wrote:Je_mezu24. Why can't you use MSFC?? I've yet to see anyone have a problem getting on there, and they have their set of rules concerning the obtaining of files which EVERYONE obides by
They won't let me register to use MSFC. My first time ever finding that site my registration got denied when I asked about it, they accused me of being someone I didn't even know and never heard of, a Jetnova, and they said I was under a permanent ban from MSFC when I had never even been there until that day and that's the God's Honest Truth.

I had heard that MSFC was a great Armada2 Community and my first time there I decided to register after checking it out and then as I said my registration was denied and then on top of that I was wrongly accused of being someone I didn't even know existed or even heard of until then.

If I was able to use MSFC, I'd be abiding by the rules there.

CABAL
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by CABAL » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:28 am

As a second note, MSFC policy and user expectations include quality off-site behavior. Even if Je_mezu24 is not Jetnova, he has been banned from FleetOps multiple times under this username and is requesting that people violate site rules for him. As such, his conduct still is not acceptable for a member of MSFC.
Good night, forum. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.​

User avatar
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:00 am

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by thunderchero » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:56 am

CABAL wrote:As a second note, MSFC policy and user expectations include quality off-site behavior. Even if Je_mezu24 is not Jetnova, he has been banned from FleetOps multiple times under this username and is requesting that people violate site rules for him. As such, his conduct still is not acceptable for a member of MSFC.
the below comment are my personal thoughts and does not represent this site or any member of AFC.

well I guess it is a good thing we still have site like this one that do not restrict members and files.

with a game that is 14+ years old I would expect you to take all the support you can get since you only have 96 members. When I saw that I just laughed.

and don't worry I have no interest in armada or your site so feel free to add me to your ridiculous list.

thunderchero
Image

CABAL
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by CABAL » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:16 pm

thunderchero wrote:well I guess it is a good thing we still have site like this one that do not restrict members and files.
It is a good thing. MSFC was never intended to be either completely open or a pure modding site. It was, however, intended to be a sort of 'safe place' where people could hang out and developers could have control of their work. We need places like AFC, especially now that A2F is gone. These sites fill different niches.
Good night, forum. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.​

User avatar
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:00 am

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by thunderchero » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:46 pm

CABAL wrote:It was, however, intended to be a sort of 'safe place' where people could hang out and developers could have control of their work.
Thank you for explain this, I do understand your site a little better now. But in my opinion files should be completely hidden to public so you have less issues like this.

we have the same thing here. but they are hidden sections not visible to the public and only a select/involved few are allowed to see while under development.

I would also like to suggest a compromise/solution. could you create a topic on MSFC to inform your members if they would like their downloads publicly available they can contact either MrVulcan or myself here to add files here?

thunderchero
Image

CABAL
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by CABAL » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:09 pm

thunderchero wrote:Thank you for explain this, I do understand your site a little better now. But in my opinion files should be completely hidden to public so you have less issues like this.

we have the same thing here. but they are hidden sections not visible to the public and only a select/involved few are allowed to see while under development.
I just started a conversation with someone higher up the food chain about this. Thanks.
thunderchero wrote:I would also like to suggest a compromise/solution. could you create a topic on MSFC to inform your members if they would like their downloads publicly available they can contact either MrVulcan or myself here to add files here?
I'm pretty sure they know. I'll reiterate it on the thread about A2F going down and make sure they know who to contact.
Good night, forum. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.​

User avatar
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:00 am

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by thunderchero » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:15 pm

CABAL wrote:I'm pretty sure they know. I'll reiterate it on the thread about A2F going down and make sure they know who to contact.
thank you
Image

User avatar
Chev
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:00 am

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by Chev » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:24 pm

Holy smokes I've been gone for a long time. Good to see you all again. :) Quick question, I was thinking of posting in the Future Tense Mod thread to try and help out as a Beta Tester or however else I can help. Is it against the rules to post in a thread that old or should I be aware of anything else?

User avatar
Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:00 am
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by Hellkite » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:08 pm

Je_mezu24 wrote:
Hellkite wrote:As an MSFC Administrator, I can tell you that Cabal is absolutely right and it would be a permanent ban just like the one you have Je_mezu24 /Jetnova .
Hellkite, I've said this hundred of times and you and other Admins at MSFC don't even listen: I am not Jetnova, I don't know anyone by that name in the Armada 2 Community and never have. You are totally 100% mistaken about calling me someone I am not. It isn't right that you and other MSFC admins keep accusing me of being someone I am not especially when as I've said earlier and multiple times I don't know anyone by that name.

Frankly, I'm getting very tired of being accused of being called and judged to be someone I'm not and strongly feel you and other MSFC admins owe me a public apology for your mistreatment of me. It's not right and totally 100% uncalled for!

I call B.S. on this.

Explain this then your own website " Don't know him "???

Currently I am working on two mods I've acquired about a year ago by a former STA2 Modder under the Gamertag: jetnova16. I've heard a lot of stuff about this guy and have also found that most ofitisn't true. After acquiring his mods through a public download over Dropbox I've messaged the guy and said I'd attempt to finish his work as best as possible. I've had the chance to meet him atalocal Internet Cafe and found out he really is a nice person once you get to know him.

His two mods that I am working on completing I have given a brand new name and instead of them using stock Star Trek Armada II as their engine, they are both utilizing the "Mods Directory" in Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations (STA2_FleetOps or just FleetOps).

The original two mods are called Star Trek Armada II: Spanning The Generations Mod and Stargate Armada: Stargate Rise To Power.
I have renamed these mods: The STA2_Generational Mod and Stargate Rise To Power respectively keeping their new names as close to their original names as possible.

that funny were this come from why its is your very own site

http://jemezu24sta2modding.jimdo.com/mods-in-progress/

And just so you don't take it down here is a PrtSC for the rest of us
prf.png
prf.png (117.63 KiB) Viewed 3840 times
For the record we have your IP Address and have in the past contacted you Internet service provider in the past and they even gave us your real name and real physical address " in the event that we wanted to press formal charges" and by the way your are jetnova you can protest all that you want you are who you are own up to it .

If anyone owes a public apology to the community at large it is you.

This is the last I will speak on the matter and I'm a man of my word that is something you can't say.

Hellkite

P.S.I offer my apologies to the AFC Staff for this rant and links but it needed to be done.

User avatar
Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by Je_mezu24 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:26 am

Hellkite wrote:
Je_mezu24 wrote:
Hellkite wrote:As an MSFC Administrator, I can tell you that Cabal is absolutely right and it would be a permanent ban just like the one you have Je_mezu24 /Jetnova .
Hellkite, I've said this hundred of times and you and other Admins at MSFC don't even listen: I am not Jetnova, I don't know anyone by that name in the Armada 2 Community and never have. You are totally 100% mistaken about calling me someone I am not. It isn't right that you and other MSFC admins keep accusing me of being someone I am not especially when as I've said earlier and multiple times I don't know anyone by that name.

Frankly, I'm getting very tired of being accused of being called and judged to be someone I'm not and strongly feel you and other MSFC admins owe me a public apology for your mistreatment of me. It's not right and totally 100% uncalled for!

I call B.S. on this.

Explain this then your own website " Don't know him "???

Currently I am working on two mods I've acquired about a year ago by a former STA2 Modder under the Gamertag: jetnova16. I've heard a lot of stuff about this guy and have also found that most ofitisn't true. After acquiring his mods through a public download over Dropbox I've messaged the guy and said I'd attempt to finish his work as best as possible. I've had the chance to meet him atalocal Internet Cafe and found out he really is a nice person once you get to know him.

His two mods that I am working on completing I have given a brand new name and instead of them using stock Star Trek Armada II as their engine, they are both utilizing the "Mods Directory" in Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations (STA2_FleetOps or just FleetOps).

The original two mods are called Star Trek Armada II: Spanning The Generations Mod and Stargate Armada: Stargate Rise To Power.
I have renamed these mods: The STA2_Generational Mod and Stargate Rise To Power respectively keeping their new names as close to their original names as possible.

that funny were this come from why its is your very own site

http://jemezu24sta2modding.jimdo.com/mods-in-progress/

For the record we have your IP Address and have in the past contacted you Internet service provider in the past and they even gave us your real name and real physical address " in the event that we wanted to press formal charges" and by the way your are jetnova you can protest all that you want you are who you are own up to it .

If anyone owes a public apology to the community at large it is you.

This is the last I will speak on the matter and I'm a man of my word that is something you can't say.

Hellkite

P.S.I offer my apologies to the AFC Staff for this rant and links but it needed to be done.

Hellkite, you are a damn pathetic liar, I don't even have access to that site anymore, haven't for almost a year. My password and login info don't even work on it anymore and I've given up on trying to use that site in favor of my far better one that I made due to not being able to access that site your trying to throw into my face.

This is the site I created to replace that old site after it was hacked on me: http://jemezu24sta2.freeforums.org
proof.jpg
proof.jpg (23.03 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
All my real friends and followers know about my new site and not to even use the new one, and it's the only one I update every few months. My original site apparently was hacked by your Jetnova character, and it appears a lot of information there was edited from what I first posted.

Hellkite, you should stop being rude, disrespectful, judgmental especially when you don't know the damn truth and make your own untrue assumptions, assumptions that can easily be proven wrong. So I strongly advise you to stop making assumptions when you don't know all the facts or even the truth.

And for your information, I live by the truth, I keep me word, I read the Bible Daily, I even serve at my church I go to and on top of that, I don't sin. To lie is to sin, and thus I'm always truthful and always am a man of my word, you on the other hand are clearly not being a man of your word, because if you were you would be making accusations!

And furthermore, I can easily bring up formal charges up against you for lying, accusations and ruining an innocent man's reputation. I even have the evidence to prove that you are lying and calling me someone I'm not.

**Edited to add screenshot of my TRUE website since I can't access my old one due to its password being changed on me, and really not recovering the password was chosen in favor of creating a site that I would like much better with more options than previously had.**

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator
Posts: 1752
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:00 am

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by MajorPayne » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:45 am

Just for everyones attention. I am keeping a VERY close eye on this thread. At this present moment there has been no rule breaking concerning the content of the thread, but be warned. If this does delve into the relms of any kind of slanderous behavior (ON ANYONES PART) I will take action that I consider necessary. This thread is also offtopic so I suggest those that are still using it get it back on topic.


** QUICK EDIT **

Also on a personal note. Anonymity can be used by anyone on the net, and unless you take the time to do a thorough check on a particular use then the user in question could theoretically be anyone that uses the internet. (something to bare in mind)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests