anybody still around ?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Re: anybody still around ?

Post by Hellkite » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:20 am

Excuse me but were did I lie??

That is and was your Site. I can not help that you "" no long have access to that site anymore"" but you are still responsible for it's content, That sites content states that you know a ""Modder under the Gamertag: jetnova16"" and you stated above at this site on this tread "" listen: I am not Jetnova, I don't know anyone by that name in the Armada 2 Community and never have"" So clearly you lied right there. I just pointed it out.

As to the religious stuff is not relevant to more to the point, It dose not mask and the points only serves your show your desperation, to cover up the fact that you got caught in a bold face lie. In doing so have demeaned you own religion.

But here is the fact you are permanently banned from from MSFC. I do not care what name you call your self call yourself Sally. For all I care your still be permanently banned for MSFC. and that is all that matters and it final and you can take that to the bank..

Oh yes one more thing. You can easily bring up formal charges up against me for lying. Feel free to do so but prove it. But you should know I do retain lawyers, but be aware and mind full of the counter-suits would surely follow.

Good day I'm done here.

Hellkite

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:06 am

Hellkite wrote:Excuse me but were did I lie??

That is and was your Site. I can not help that you "" no long have access to that site anymore"" but you are still responsible for it's content, That sites content states that you know a ""Modder under the Gamertag: jetnova16"" and you stated above at this site on this tread "" listen: I am not Jetnova, I don't know anyone by that name in the Armada 2 Community and never have"" So clearly you lied right there. I just pointed it out.

As to the religious stuff is not relevant to more to the point, It dose not mask and the points only serves your show your desperation, to cover up the fact that you got caught in a bold face lie. In doing so have demeaned you own religion.

But here is the fact you are permanently banned from from MSFC. I do not care what name you call your self call yourself Sally. For all I care your still be permanently banned for MSFC. and that is all that matters and it final and you can take that to the bank..

Oh yes one more thing. You can easily bring up formal charges up against me for lying. Feel free to do so but prove it. But you should know I do retain lawyers, but be aware and mind full of the counter-suits would surely follow.

Good day I'm done here.

Hellkite
I am not responsible for a hackers changes, and that they choose to include information that wasn't on the site, that includes the information on your Jetnova character you keep accusing me of. I am only responsible for what I have placed in that site, and there's a lot of changes made there that I never did or even sanctioned; too much that finding all of them would have wasted time. The logical course of action was to cut my losses with that site and create my new one that I no less had to do on Christmas Eve of 2014. Think about how much work I actually had to do on one of my Christian holidays on top of everything for that day and at church.

I am done with you Hellcite and your lies, possible lawbreaking and harassment. If I can block you here I'll be doing so because I have rights as a United States citizen and I legally feel you are violating all of them! Now I have to salvage my good name that you're attempting to tarnish and ruin!

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by thunderchero » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:52 am

this topic has been locked until all parties involved have been contacted
Chev wrote:Holy smokes I've been gone for a long time. Good to see you all again. :) Quick question, I was thinking of posting in the Future Tense Mod thread to try and help out as a Beta Tester or however else I can help. Is it against the rules to post in a thread that old or should I be aware of anything else?
sorry Chev, your post got lost in this mess. feel free to post, just not sure of current state/development of that mod.

thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:03 am

....and just for information purposes. As thunderchero is dealing with this I would expect none of the parties involved in this to contact other members of staff. Thunder, has my full confidence and any action he takes I will fully support.

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:41 am

Topic has been unlocked,

this situation has been resolved and all parties involved have been contacted.

thunderchero

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by galac » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:39 am

hi guys :) glad to see that there are people trying to make armada work on windows 8, 8.1 or 10 etc
it's unbelivable that i can play on my win 8.1.x64 laptop e.g. fifa 99 or carmageddon2 whithot any problem, and on A1 or A2 i'm stuck at splash screen.. i tried that dxwnd thing but no success...

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:52 pm

galac wrote:i tried that dxwnd thing but no success...
you can also try dgvoodoo2
dgVoodoo2_45.zip
(507.4 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
copy these files from package to install path of armada exe
DDraw.dll (from ms folder)
D3DImm.dll (from ms folder)
dgVoodooSetup.exe

run dgVoodooSetup.exe
in new window click the add button, search for the folder with armada exe and add folder
from dropdown menu to left select that folder location
in glide tab uncheck 3Dfx watermark
in DirectX tab uncheck 3Dfx spashscreen
apply and select OK
this will create a new file "dgVoodoo.conf"
if you want you can delete dgVoodooSetup.exe

now run game as normal
option screens are in upper left but game plays full screen
I also had problems exiting game (confirm window was under option screen)
but it looked fully playable on windows 8/10

thunderchero

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by galac » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:24 pm

thx thunderchero for fast reply :)

short summary... 1. i managed to open armada finally :) 2. i tried to do some instant action but it crashed, 3. i tried first fed mission - intro went without problem, but gameplay is slow, 4. i tried to edit graphics options but it "froze" during gameplay menu and menu on start ( lower left corner)

can be done anything about these issues?? i think this is big step already :)

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:35 pm

you can try other setting in dgVoodooSetup.exe.

or ask developer for support here
http://www.vogons.org/

you know armada game play better than me, so hope you have better luck

you might also try it with and without different patches example 1.0.3 and adding files from 3Dfx folder

thunderchero

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by galac » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:03 am

i started thread on site you provided me...i'm still awaiting response...hopefully we'll find solution :)

ok.. i made some progress... i managed to run instant action..but gameplay is still slow...

gameplay now works fine...however is there anything we can do about accessing graphics settings and saving game?? :?

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by galac » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:49 pm

check this guys :) http://armadafiles.com/

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:14 pm

I was able to run Armada with dgVoodoo once. Since then I have been trying to load the settings screen with different options in the dgVoodoo setup. So far no success. It appears to hang after clicking any of the settings buttons (graphics, sound, gameplay). But it doesn't actually hang; something about the window state changes so that its impossible to use the mouse cursor to access the menu. You can maximize the armada.exe via task manager, and it'll show the correct settings menu, but clicking anywhere takes window focus away to desktop.

I tried to modify the settings file directly (armada.prf) in the root directory. But it appears that I broke something else as I can't start instant action atm. Going to play around a bit more.

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by galac » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:36 am

Using dgVoodoo, A1 works fine for me on Win8.1 x64... Gameplay isn't slow anymore... I cant access Settings aswell, but I managed to do that using dxwnd, but I had to visualise it to myself, so I managed to set graphics at maximum finally... However one thing is annoying me, and that is cursor... It's showing normal game cursor (yellow one, and there's no Windows cursor, thanks God) but it's blinking more than it should... Changing some setting at dgVoodoo slows game again...

MrVulcan I'll send you PM about modding

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:39 am

Cursor implementation in Armada is very archaic, even for directx7 version. I ran Armada on pretty much all versions of windows since Win98, and the cursor always felt different (slow/fast/torn/blinking/stuck when crashing). dgVoodoo author mentioned someplace in the readme that parts of directdraw have not been implemented fully.
Important to note that compatibility with MS DirectDraw is not completely
guaranteed, especially with very old applications written in the win95/Win98 era.
Those applications might utilize DirectDraw/GDI interaction which is not fully
supported in dgVoodoo. I would like to improve that somehow, in later versions.
I feel that the problem lies here, but I'm no expert. I will give the settings a try again when I'm on my modding machine.

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:14 pm

galac wrote:Using dgVoodoo, A1 works fine for me on Win8.1 x64... Gameplay isn't slow anymore...
good to hear you had some positive results. :D
galac wrote:but I managed to do that using dxwnd
so you have dgVoodoo files present while starting game though dxwnd? That is interesting since dxwnd has some Voodoo settings, have you tried changing those? libs tab/Glide (3DFX) hook Glide libs

what version are you using of dxwnd the developer updates regularly current version is v2_03_34_build, but 33 and 34 was very experimental v2_03_32_build was last playable version for BOTF.

but for easy transfer of your settings
dxwnd you can export dxw file that can be imported.
dgVoodoo the dgVoodoo.conf only needs to be added to install folder with dgVoodoo files from ms folder.

thunderchero