DarkRealities 2 : conquest (image heavy)

developer of new ships and mods for the armada 1-2 game

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

DarkRealities 2 : conquest (image heavy)

Post by uss_capital » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:06 pm

DarkRealities 2 : conquest will continue the terran/tauz war , following the near defeat at sector 001 (earth orbit) the terran empire have began major weapon research so they can seek revenge on the tauz kingdom . this will differ from the first mod as it will use special weapons to gain an advantage over your foe instead of heavy weapon use , but they will also use special weapons to try and defeat you . many of the stations will be replaced with more advanced looking ones , alot of the ships will also be changed although some of the later ships/stations will be reused . at this stage a third race may be added at a later date , the terran ships will become larger but take longer to build . saying this they will take alot of damage to destroy them . but the tauz will also get stronger more modern looking ships that take as much damage . but the terrans will still have the stronger defence , if you have any thoughts on this please post your ideas for me to consider 8)
Last edited by uss_capital on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:00 pm

here is the first of the new terran ships (terran corvette mk2) , it is a work in progress and an early version which might change . 720 poly atm

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:58 pm

here is the early version of the new terran destroyer (1079 poly atm) , this is still work in progress

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:22 pm

here is the terran cruiser (898 poly atm) , i remind you these are still work in progress and will most proberly change some what

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:26 pm

The designs are good, though there are a couple of things I've noticed:

The flat "roof" on the corvette could use more detail. I'm not sure what the scale is though. If the ship is meant to be small, it should be quite alright. Anyhow, you did say it is still an early version

The engine mounts on the destroyer and cruiser could use some of the same design features are the main hull of the ship. In other words, if you use roughly the same size features and the same angles between faces, the individual components become cohesive and seem to become be part of one ship. You're probably already aware of this intuitively as your designs feature this all the time :)

Personally, I think the designs look great. Looking forward to seeing these guys textured.

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:04 am

here is the cruiser updated alittle (now at 1100 poly) , the corvette and destroyer still need a lot of work but i am working on the cruiser atm

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:32 am

here it is updated again (1569 poly) . but not sure if i like the nose part that long :?

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:19 pm

here is the terran war cruiser (1952 poly atm) , still needs work though (this may be dropped if i like the battleship more)

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:11 pm

with the lack of feedback from the first DR mod i am putting this project on hold till further notice .

Dan1025
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Dan1025 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:02 am

That's a shame, would you at least consider releasing whatever you have done, so that others who enjoyed the first mod have at least some part of the second.