'DR2' what would you like to see added ?

developer of new ships and mods for the armada 1-2 game

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

'DR2' what would you like to see added ?

Post by uss_capital » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:05 am

DR2 what would you like to see added ? , feel free to post your ideas . which way do you want it to go ? , loads of low poly ships or fewer higher detailed ships/stations . i am in the process of designing a new heavy cruiser for the terran empire's fleet for dr2 , so i will post a few pics when i have got something to show that i am happy with 8)

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:48 pm

I'm not sure I have a good answer for you. I can tell you what I would/will do with my own original projects.

I'd like to see races using as different weapons from each other as possible. In series like Trek most races use the same or similar types of weapons but why not switch them up.

If one side uses lasers, why not have the other use missiles or plasma cannons, just keep them as different and "alien' from each other as possible.

Rod

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:08 pm

i was planning on going back to railguns and missiles for the terran empire like in the alpha of dr1 , then keep plasma weapons for the tauz kingdom

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:00 pm

i will add some new pics as soon as i find somewhere to upload them to

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:23 pm

i have a wip version of the terran cruiser , it is around the 499 poly and apart from a little more detail the overall shape is done . with it being low poly i am going to add turrets , but the main detail will be added in the texture in dr2 . i will upload a pic when i find hosting