Are you happy with legacy or do you feel cheated by it

trialers general discussion ECT...

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Legacy, Happy or Not (are you happy with it or not)

Happy! its just what i wanted
17%
Angry! its terrible!
83%

Total votes: 12

ColdDarkParanoi
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Are you happy with legacy or do you feel cheated by it

Post by ColdDarkParanoi » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:20 pm

Are you happy with legacy or do you feel cheated by it?

i am very disapointed with this game... Make a BC2! then we will be happy!

i'v stopped playing this game weeks ago, didn't even get past the second era. got 2 missions into the kirk... What would make me start playing this game again would be teh release of these damn tools. but hey ur loss, this game has droped quicker then your reputation (which is saying somthing)

I find the compleat lack of support amazing and Disgraceful !

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:31 am

i dint even get it to work, my video card was not supported, added a gig of ram and it still lags

ColdDarkParanoi
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by ColdDarkParanoi » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:45 pm

trust me you didn't miss anything, tho i can understand people being annoyed that they couldn't even find out for themselves. Loads of people havn't even been able to run the game, Such as yourself, so your not the only one.

saxon_68
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by saxon_68 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:44 am

I have the game for Xbox 360 and i've beaten it already. But i was really not impressed with the overall game play. The storyline has something to it though, at least I think..........kinda answers some of the questions and raises new ones aswell. Well i'm not going to spoil it for other people.
2010 - TED NUGENT FOR GOVRENOR OF MICHIGAN - 2010

Sentinel
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sentinel » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:08 pm

i Think Legacy is awsome, i have it for my PC. I have to run it on its low graphics but i dont really care, we are looking into getting a new video card and if we do that means i might be able to run it on its highest :D

shadow
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by shadow » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:28 pm

Hi, I got Legacy just last weekend and I am feeling deeply cheated.

It lagged extremely until I went into the forums and got some help there. The official patch did not work at all.
Without a game modification recommended in the forums the game would be unplayable.
Some of the consoles / submenus cannot be accessed limiting game-play so much that you loose most of the time.
Guess I have to wait until a new patch comes out. Well if I am still interested in the game that is.

At the moment I am thinking about to get my money back.

ColdDarkParanoi
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by ColdDarkParanoi » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:14 pm

in my opinion the game should be recalled, and i dont believe their will be another patch, the offical fourms haev had no offical new about a patch posted (the the bloody tools for that matter). so yeah im not a happy bunny.

j666
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by j666 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:39 pm

i dindnt like the story and feel it was way off cannon i wanted xindi for ent era maybe sum tholians 2 and klingons,romulans for tos nad for tng could have been borg ds9 should have had dominion and voyager borg and species 8472 and hirogen but all we got was an entire borg story which felt had no thought put into it at all i got it ofr both the pc and xbox 360 xbox360 controls better they should have been 2 seperate development teams one for x360 and one for pc

and what happned to the Tng romulans there was no norexian class vessels

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:24 am

I too feel cheated by it. The background graphics, and music, are good. Other than that, i'm not impressed at all. What they have tried to make is another Bridge Commander game, and they've failed. I'm sticking with BC, it's much better.

Plus there's the fact that Legacy is laggy... even on a brand new PC :-/

ColdDarkParanoi
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by ColdDarkParanoi » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:08 pm

unfortunalty (lol well depends how you look at it) iv started getting a accsess violation error, i know theres a fix for this over a legacy file but its very long winded, anyway this error has stoped me playing past the tos kirk missions, but i really can't be bothered to go through all the hassle of trying to fix this violation error, (which by not work) to play a game which is by no means finnished, it hasn't even held my interest to find out what happens next in the story line... i never felt like this about a game...

Iv just recently started playing freelancer again, iv compleated it once before and the story line is so big and complex with many many options that i can't remember what happened next, so i can enjoy this game time and time again. the controles on it and 3d enviroment are what i feel legacy should have been, using the mouse to controle the ship in a simmilar way to a joy stick (not the key board). it makes for a much smoother style of control which i believe legacy was going for, as after all legacy is not (by any means) bridge commander, and so the key board is not suited to it.

also you can roll and loop, its fully 3d!, the engines old, yet the graphics look (VERY) simmilar to legacy, their is no lag, and as mentioned above LOADS of optioins, buying upgrades for you ship, buying new ships, everything that was promised in legacy.

So in conclusion if you want to play the type of game legacy was going to be i strongly recomend getting a copy of Mircrosofts free lancer!

ColdDarkParanoia

saxon_68
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by saxon_68 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:20 am

Another thing that bothers me about this game is the fact that they left out a couple of ships that i liked. Such as the Promethus, Valdores Romulan Warbird, and ect.
But i know for people that have the PC game they can just mod it just as simple as the Armada II game. But for us few that have the 360 version we are left in the dark and it sucks.
2010 - TED NUGENT FOR GOVRENOR OF MICHIGAN - 2010