Brainstorming

The Federation of the future is about to embark on a temporal battle of survival

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Brainstorming

Post by Phantom » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:57 pm

If you have any ideas or things you'd love to see made, be it weapons, ship designs or just general questions so a FAQ section can be created if needed, please post away!

Ad'

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Re: Brainstorming

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:05 pm

Phantom wrote:If you have any ideas or things you'd love to see made, be it weapons, ship designs or just general questions so a FAQ section can be created if needed, please post away!

Ad'
Oh wow, I can't believe i'm asking this but...Drone Connies, Yes Drones. Like in the Star Trek PS2 Game Shattered Universe, I want connies that are unmanned and have the War Machine brain thing like in TOS. Not as Evil though, just as support ships or something. Also I would like to see a Nomad weapon, the planet destroyer and also the original rock planet destroyer ship as well. Oh and the episode is "The Ultimate Computer" and the weapon is called the M5, so i'd like to see some Connies with that, maybe as units you have to repair or something but still.

Also for Good Star Trek Help, wikipedia is a good reference on things.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:09 pm

Intreging, could be done with a modified computer overide. I'd have to watch the episode again to get it. Its been ages n ages since I watched a TOS. TNG+ are my stronger suits lol but I'll research that out. Shattered Universe isnt strictly 'canon' as such anyway, but I'll look into it.

The Idea is that the eras until Nemesis are kept as close to the canon show as possible, so you feel as though you are playing in that era to enhance the gameplay performance and enjoyment of it all really. Thats our aim anyway. One of many as a Borg Queen would say

Ad'

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:13 pm

Phantom wrote:Intreging, could be done with a modified computer overide. I'd have to watch the episode again to get it. Its been ages n ages since I watched a TOS. TNG+ are my stronger suits lol but I'll research that out. Shattered Universe isnt strictly 'canon' as such anyway, but I'll look into it.

The Idea is that the eras until Nemesis are kept as close to the canon show as possible, so you feel as though you are playing in that era to enhance the gameplay performance and enjoyment of it all really. Thats our aim anyway. One of many as a Borg Queen would say

Ad'
Yeah, i've been oogling at Wikipedia to look at Canon star trek TOS things, like ship information and ect. There's not really many episodes where you see the ship meeting another Federation ship, most of the ship designs are speculation so even if you have an uncanon design in there, it would still work out I think.

Sentinel
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sentinel » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:47 pm

Im a Huge Fan of the NX class

im thinking that maby in ur latest era u should have a thing where Starfleet Makes a Larger NX class but with diffferent look...Like a futuristic NX...basically They added new stuff to a NX and made it bigger and used the NX as a skeleton

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:35 pm

Sentinel wrote:Im a Huge Fan of the NX class

im thinking that maby in ur latest era u should have a thing where Starfleet Makes a Larger NX class but with diffferent look...Like a futuristic NX...basically They added new stuff to a NX and made it bigger and used the NX as a skeleton
I was thinking the same thing, but keep the original view of the ship, but just add new parts to it, like the NX With Conny Engines and A Conny Saucer. Or the NX with a Reliant Style Engines and saucer, you know something of that sort.

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:26 am

exactly, just upgrade the NX to TOS and also TMP. that would be neat.

and also I have like 4 other ideas but I'll save them for later.
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf

Romulan_Fury
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Romulan_Fury » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:24 am

I think they already have an updated version of the NX class... called the Akira. Just kidding :) I'd like to see a TOS version of the Reliant. It's entirely beleivable that they would have had the class then.

A good book for conjectural TOS ship designs is The Star Trek Star Fleet Technical Manual by Franz Joseph. I own a copy, but I have no idea where it is. If you can get your hands on one, it'd be a nice start for TOS ships.
´Tis more brave to live, than to die.

acidpunk

Post by acidpunk » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:57 am

well ive been looking at the idea for a nex Tos era style upgrade but nothing is definate yet

Sentinel
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sentinel » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:24 am

lol good point fury...but i was thinking a bit colser to the NX in design...not Upside down :P

Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:39 am

Ooooo an updated NX-class, with Akira-class nacelles and a Galaxy-class deflector, lol. Oh Adam at Sci-Fi Meshes there are several TNG designed ships with NX-class textures that could be useful and not to mention many non-canon designs to fill up the bulk of the fleet in that Era. I suggest you look at Star Trek Schematics site for other designs as they are quite interesting. The sad thing is that in the series there were not many stations on-screen for ENT or TOS and for the different races in those Eras. But I have full confidence in you and your team to come up with awesome looking stations and ships for Future Tense 2! I can't wait for further information on the contents of the mod!
Armada 1 and 2 Player!
Star Trek Future Tense Armada 1 Mod team is BACK!
Why don't emoji and text formatting doesn't work in Signatures?

4of11
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by 4of11 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:13 pm

well thats why you can always ask questions 8)
Second in Command of FT2

[img]http://futuretense.armadafleetcommand.com/logos/ft2.png[/img]

S618-18741
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by S618-18741 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:11 pm

How about being able to refit the Enterprise G during the timeframe modulation. Perhaps have different refits for different timeframes and such.

Good look

4of11
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by 4of11 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:17 am

sounds good
Second in Command of FT2

[img]http://futuretense.armadafleetcommand.com/logos/ft2.png[/img]

Firefly1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: in the land of nowhere next to the land of somewhere but not as close as the land of neither here no

Post by Firefly1 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:29 am

check out my thread on the Genral Modding page i'm posting all my ideas there.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!