Future Tense II Now Recruiting

The Federation of the future is about to embark on a temporal battle of survival

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Future Tense II Now Recruiting

Post by Phantom » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:29 pm

Okay with Future Tense now only months away from release, its time to formulate a new Future Tense II team as Im sure a lot of the Future Tense team will want to stand down and focus on either other projects or some of a smaller scale ;)

Future Tense meanwhile is going on a much bigger scale. Future Tense II promises to be everything that Future Tense is and more! With the ability to timetravel into selected Star Trek eras.

With Future Tense's pending release coming up fast looking at the sort of production its under nowadays, its time to get a Future Tense II team sorted out, and organized so once Future Tense is released, all the pre-production on her sequel will be complete and ready to be put into action as the MOD will require extensive planning.

Here is a list of things required:

1. Modelers:
People that can make models throughout the ages, be it the original 1701 or something as advanced as the Wells Class

2. Programmers:
People that know their way around an ODF or a Sprite file, and are willing to explore strange new ways and new forms of doing things

3. Map Builders: (Later on)
People who can rig the maps for Future Tense II, though this will not be until the stages Future Tense is about to enter...

4. 3DS Max Users:
People who can code up the models with Future Tense modified heirarchies - note, maybe brought on to help Future Tense reach launch, but this will involve hardpointiing with hitpoints for ship damage, borg nodes on TNG ships and the usual lights, hardpoints and sprites, ability to animate sods advantageous

5. Dedication
Able to dedicate at least a couple of hours a week and are prepared to stick around for more than a week or a month or what not as FT had many probs with staff trying to get on the team beta test and vanish, hense the security around beta testers now - which'll also exist for FT2

6. Designers
Anyone fancy designing anything for the eras or have a ship you think will fit perfectly then direct and we'll assess and may add it to the fleet

Thats it for the moment, more information or placements will be posted as they arrise...

Adam,

kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by kurn » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:45 pm

well as i already said i can provide orion, gorn , hydran lyran mirak and Isc ships from TMP era. i still am converting them from SFC OP though they also will be in my own mod so if u want them u can change them however so that they are better in ur mod or something like that.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:40 pm

It's not about making it 'better' than anyone elses, but donations like that are greatly accepted :)

Ad'

phasertech
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by phasertech » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:55 pm

i am quite fluent in odfs, and would be happy to become a part of the FTII team! i am also good with weapons textures, ship designs, and background ideas. i have been wanting to be a part of the FT modding team, and i'll contribute plenty of time to the work, as i don't have much else to do at home anyways.
set a course for the battlefront. maximum warp.
(Captain Tom Bouwman of the USS Midway NCC-22213)

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:27 pm

cool,

MSN me: adamkitchin@hotmail.com and we'll discuss it

WarrenG12
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by WarrenG12 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:00 pm

you know i will stick around man

kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by kurn » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:10 am

ok when im done ill tell u it should take too much longer the only thing u will have to do is rescale them cause i had to make everything much bigger cause of the hydran fighters. im scaling everything off a constitution refit. so ill tell also im plannig on making guis for the orions and other races if u would like them i can send them too. im just unsure if i will be able to use them cause of the limitations

steviegirl
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Me too!

Post by steviegirl » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:35 am

I've made some maps,and odf's,so i know my way around the map editor.I haven't figured out how to make models and textures.I think bringing fighters back would be awsome!!I like the super weapon in ka2_ya know....lounch fighters!so...mail me or something! :)
"He´s dead Jim,you get the tri-corder,I´ll get his wallet."

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:29 am

I can perhaps do some modelling and texturing once I'm back in England, mostly for the TOS and TMP era (new models, not conversions). I'll talk to you online or whatever when I get back. :)

mattym1985
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by mattym1985 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:23 pm

i would like to take part please consider me for the programer role i am going a odf's and fixing problems with sprites and odf's and techtree errors.

i am also good at doing AI for races

kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: Me too!

Post by kurn » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:35 pm

steviegirl wrote:I've made some maps,and odf's,so i know my way around the map editor.I haven't figured out how to make models and textures.I think bringing fighters back would be awsome!!I like the super weapon in ka2_ya know....lounch fighters!so...mail me or something! :)
well i only have A1 but the fighters will be the ones from SFC Orion Pirates (which is an amazing game!!) and i havent started any of them i have to fix my game before any one gets models. oh also i use milkshape will the models still work in FT ?

valient20
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by valient20 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:58 pm

I'll come on as a programmer if you need me. I havent done it in a while, but still have got that skill that helped me make my A2 Star Wars mod that never got released to the public due to Armadafiles never adding it. I had brought the Yuuzhan Vong into it, so I have knowledge of adding new ships and coming up with new ideas.
Im gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.

Bensen
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Bensen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:24 pm

in case you neet anyone who can translate (discriptions...story...ect.) into german, i offer you assistace :idea:
regards
Bensen

steviegirl
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by steviegirl » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:53 am

Never had sfc:orien pirates.I still have a copy of sfc somewere.I have the gryphon,and imperial fighters in my ka2.I made the probe the abilities to make fighters.I also put in the pride class,a saladin refit,and the miranda variant yard,and a TOS yard.its realy cool.Also, modded some of the physics files to make warp faster.The pride class is so coo; looking,and it wasn't hard making a odf file for it.

P.S>I also added r5d5's conny models....they are cool.Also added a excelsior variant....Loki class. 8)
"He´s dead Jim,you get the tri-corder,I´ll get his wallet."

pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

hi

Post by pal23 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:44 pm

i was wondering would it be possible to add stargate races into star trek such as the wraith or the replicators or the ori that'l be pretty cool. at the moment i am working on a map because all i see for each an every map is that there mostly the same layout maps are easy to create its just designing them. i cant use these programs very well im inexpereienced but however if i draw them i can send them to you that included maps and ships i do have a design already for Enterprise-g but its kind of hard to draw the front view i dont fink anybody else has come up with my design yet im pretty sure everybody is getting bored of the standard federadtion ships but this 1 i got in mind is capabale of sepration if it can be worked out pretty well.