Thanks Q

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

sgtrevill
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Thanks Q

Post by sgtrevill » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:58 am

I was thinking the other day that if it was not 4 Q sending the Enterprise-D to meet the Borg for the first time that the Fedaration would have lost the Domminon War.

Because after the first contact with the Borg the Federation/Starfleet started makeing weopons to defend them selfs...eg the NX Defiant.

What do u guys and gals think?

Babylon
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Babylon » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:27 am

this has what to do with the wishlist?
[url=http://www.eliterp.com]Elite Role Playing

[img]http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Stgnbabylon/butlererp.gif[/img][/url]

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:50 am

yes good question what does his have to do with modeling wishlist

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:13 am

Ive moved it to Debates as it is really,

I'd say that without the Borg Conflict, the casualty count would have been greater but the Federation and the other races all upgraded their ships and hurried out research on new defences during the war so yeah without it it would have been a lot dire,

However I dont think the Wolf 359 victims would agree with you there lol

Ad'

sgtrevill
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by sgtrevill » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:35 am

I forgot about the 359 attack, but also with out that sisko would never had been assgined to DS9 so maybe the Wormhole would not have been found as it opened because of him being a Prophet of Sorts.

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Wed May 11, 2005 3:06 pm

This is actually an interesting idea. Who knows what would have happened. I wonder how the Dominon would fare if they encountered the Borg. Of course, for some odd reason, the Borg only send one ship at a time to attack the Federation. With all their past losses wouldn't it make more sense for them to send a fleet of ships?
"Until Hell calls my name!"

Janeway
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Janeway » Wed May 11, 2005 3:12 pm

if they send 2 tactical cube's the federation will have really big trouble..

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Wed May 11, 2005 3:22 pm

Janeway wrote:if they send 2 tactical cube's the federation will have really big trouble..
That is what I am saying. Voyager was only able to stand up against multiple Borg vessels near the end of the series because she was given future technology. The Borg had no chance against the first use of transphasic torpedoes. In the series, it would seem that 1-2 transphasics can take out a Borg cube. Although, we have no reference as to how this upgraded version of Voyager would handle in a situation that involved more than just fighting only a single cube. What would happen if, say, 8 tactical fusion cubes showed up?

USS_Nova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Nova » Wed May 11, 2005 4:32 pm

Janeway wrote:if they send 2 tactical cube's the federation will have really big trouble..
No they just ask Janeway to help with her multiple-extro-transo-phastic-torpedoes
and kick 8 tactical superduper fusion cubes

:roll:
Its been a while.

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Tue May 17, 2005 12:28 am

True. But then again, the Borg have engines that allow them to travel through the temporal stream.

iOSYS
Ensign
Ensign

Post by iOSYS » Tue May 17, 2005 1:27 am

Point: If the Borg send tactical cubes, the Federation will win! unless the Borg send about 1000. A tactical cube, despite the size, was a match for an intrepid class and a sphere. I dont know why they even exist, they are worse then normal cubes. Much worse. I can see it now...

Queen: Excellent, the Federations' destruction is at hand! MUHAHAHAH

An Akira class flies up to the tac cube fleet... tac cube fleet goes away...

Queen: ... ... ... OH, Shut up!

And you just know if they send more then 1 normal cube, Weasly Crusher would combine efforts with 7 of 9 to create the uber-super-special-duper anti Borg deflector beam (with verteron/tachyon/nutreno super power!!!) and kill the whole fleet...

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Tue May 17, 2005 1:43 am

But what if the Borg travelled to the past in the Delta Quadrant and then travelled to Earth so that they could assimilate it?

jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt » Tue May 17, 2005 2:47 am

My brother pointed out the fact that this is probably the most intelligent episode ever devised by Roddenbury. Up to "Q,Who" ,the Federation seemed pretty much unbeatable. They had strong, numerous allies. They had technology, they had a large armada etc.

So, when the Borg appeared, more when the Enterprise appeared to the Borg, at teh end when Picard was begging to Q, it showed that humans, for once, and, through all the seasons up to this point were somewhat unbeatable, that, somewhere out there in the bog ol' galaxy, we were'nt the strongest. If we came up against them, we would have been destroyed...

That episode proved that the Federation was totally, and had always been vulnerable.

------

Now, going back to the previously made point- Let's remember here that technically the first Borg incursion was beaten back by a borg - Locutus. Without his instructions, Data would have failed and the Cube would have assimilated Earth.

Why Voyager kept frequently winning was because they kept improving their technolog as they went along, thus not giving the Borg a chance to adapt yet, it still seems odd that one cube never beat them...anyhow, thats another point.

So, for the Borg to win, for the Borg to assimilate Earth, they could do one of two things:

1) Actually send more than one ship up against an entire race (possibly three. We know that in BOBB, Admiral *insert name* said that Qo'Nos was sending a fleet and that they were even trying to talk to the Romulans but, even with all that mixed technology, would they have won?) . If they actually send a real fleet then they should be able to win it.

2) Yes, going back in time would allow the Borg to win. In theory, even the Sphere destroyed in FC would be enough. It took 4 quantum torpedoes to take it down and, seen has quantum torpedoes or pulse phasers hadn't been inented yet (or atleast were in testing stages), the Federation would not stand a chance. However, i beg the question why non of the Federation ships ever rammed the cube, surely, 5 ships ramming a cube wouldn't be as bad as 100 ships?

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Tue May 17, 2005 3:17 am

Yeah, I was thinking the same in First Contact - why the heck did they send one ship again? I was thinking to myself (oh come on, the Borg have thousands of ships in Borg space according to canon sources - why can't they just send at least 10 of them this time). :? Then the Enterprise-E going back in time with the Sphere and spoiling the Borg's plans! Why didn't the Borg just try that again - they may get away with it. The Borg are too busy thinking about how 'perfect' they are than actually trying something again and again. Eventually, something's gotta give. :P
Dead