What do you think of Shatner on Enterprise

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Shatner on Enterprise?

Good Idea
55%
Bad Idea
39%
Shatner... who-cares!
6%

Total votes: 31

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

What do you think of Shatner on Enterprise

Post by CaptSyf » Tue May 11, 2004 2:51 am

Would you like to see Shatner(Captain Kirk) re-enter the Star Trek realm?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Tue May 11, 2004 4:14 am

I'd like to see the Enterprise B again

But I think it will be a huge sales/viewer booster to have Kirk on Enterprise

Ad'

Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thompson » Tue May 11, 2004 5:17 am

Depends..

Is he gonna portray Kirk? Or an Alien?

Kirk no, i dont think we should see kirk time travel again, been done to many times. (how comes its always the hero who time travels, why not some other captian and ship? theres got to be 100's of ships in Starfleet and only the Enterprise or Voyager or the Defiant get to time travel?)

Alien yes, i love to see that.
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com

Connavar
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Connavar » Tue May 11, 2004 5:30 am

Its not just the DS9 or Voyager crew who time travel. Its just that they are the ones the show is about and it wouldnt make alot of sense to have some random crew time travel on DS9 instead of the actual DS9 crew would it. If you remember though the DS9 episode where they traveled back to kirks time, those starfleet people showed up to ask them questions. Well they asked questions to time traveling crews for a job, so lots of ships must time travel.
"Gods have angels, Chaos have daemons, the night has us"

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Tue May 11, 2004 5:33 am

In the Trek news, This was mentioned. Shatner possibly may guest star as an ancestor to Kirk, his great grandpa...

I'd like to see it, if just to see Shatner return to Star trek. That, and I think it would send Enterprise to a new (higher) level of success. Maybe even those diehard "TOS only" fans may even like it.

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Tue May 11, 2004 7:55 am

I think it might be pretty good, hopefully he doesn't come back as himself (Kirk) or else the time travel police guys are going to bust him.

He'll probably come back as an alien, cause you remember the Vorta leader dude from DS9 that was always sucking up to the Founders, he came back as a Bolian on Enterprise (I think that's what they are called)
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

TrashMan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by TrashMan » Tue May 11, 2004 7:57 am

Thompson wrote:Depends..

Kirk no, i dont think we should see kirk time travel again, been done to many times. (how comes its always the hero who time travels, why not some other captian and ship? theres got to be 100's of ships in Starfleet and only the Enterprise or Voyager or the Defiant get to time travel?)
Well, to be precise...

Enterpreise-D time traveled once (Q did it actually)
Enterpreise-E time traveled once (First Contact)
Sisko & Crew time traveled at least 8 times
Voyager time traveled at least 10 times

I see a disturbing increase in time traveling after Gene died....
USS Apocalypse
*I let my Phaser Cannon do the talking!*

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Tue May 11, 2004 9:22 am

Lately i heard rumours that he was only going to supply the voice of captain Kirk. They were going to re-create Kirk using CGI. Im not opposed to kirk appearing on an episode of enterprise, it will probably give them there highest rated episode. It could even save startrek enterprise. I also heard the rumours that he was going to play kirks grandfather. I think that as long as the plot is good, it will boost ratings, and possibly give kirk the send off he deserves(Not the crappy one from Generations, bad way to kill him off).

As for the CGI, Enterprise uses too much of it. But it might be interesting to see how it turns out.

Thoughts?

Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thompson » Wed May 12, 2004 2:23 am

How can you use too much CGI???
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Wed May 12, 2004 6:33 am

Bringing back Kirk or Shatner seems to be smacks of desperation on their part if by some miracle Ent survives for a 4th season. I think Shatner is past his prime on playing Kirk. Besides, this time travel bizness... haven't they screwed up the time continunity enough as it is? Can anyone honestly keep track of the going ons and the changes/complications to the time lines by the way they travel back and forth? There are already enough inconsistancies as it is. Bringing back Kirk to the past will only make things more confusing. :?

They should should relaunch Ent ala DS9 4th season... with new sets, costumes, cast changes... etc.,

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Wed May 12, 2004 7:25 am

Thompson wrote:How can you use too much CGI???
Watch Star Wars Episode II

:D

robdavidge
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by robdavidge » Wed May 12, 2004 6:14 pm

They should should relaunch Ent ala DS9 4th season... with new sets, costumes, cast changes... etc.,
What cast changes is DS9 4th season? Eddington? or did he come later? even so, that’s was HARDLY a major change, he turned out as just another bad guy...

but WOULD make a Hell of a difference if the writers gave Enterprise a BIG re-think before the next season, and be honest, who WOULDN'T like to see those sodding overalls and baseball caps go? and for the love of God, ditch the MACO's! what is with THEIR uniforms? how likely is it they need to camouflage themselves against a big bucket of mercury?

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! So many annoyances, so little time!!!

Back to topic though, I think getting Shatner would be the Death Gnoll for Ent, it is the last ditch attempt at stopping the ship sinking!

BAD IDEA!!!

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Thu May 13, 2004 5:44 am

Worf joined the cast and the entire whole political situation went up a few notches when the Klingons entered the fight. New opening credits as well. Eddington came on during the 3rd season.

You're right on the money about those uniforms.... epsecially the bland MACO outfits. Where's the body armor, the helmets and gears? They're suppose to be military aren't they? Also, bad opening theme song... no matter how much they embelish it. :evil:

This rumour of Shatner returning in one capacity or another makes me believe that they regret ever killing Kirk off in GENERATIONS. At the time, I read that they said he was basically dead during the TNG era and wanted to send him off in a heroic fashion. Well, that bad idea has come back to bite them in the rear! Forget about a 23rd century Kirk travelling back to the past. No makeup in the world would ever disguise his 73 years (old).

If it makes past the rumour stage, more likely as a alien or ancestor of Kirk.