Undiscovered Country vs Nemisis

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

SherlockHolmes
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by SherlockHolmes » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:14 pm

The Excalibur class starship is One heck of an amazing starship for a fanmade one. I think the Uss Titan mentioned in nemesis should be that class. I wish there was an Armada I mod with that ship. It would look good in my pictures.

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:09 pm

Elrond wrote:I didn't say that. People stop putting words in my mouth. God.
Sorry I meant to quote another member, sorry for the confusion.
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:24 am

There's another big thing we are all missing.

Nemesis:
Shinzon has the Romulan Senate assassinated.

Undiscovered Country:
Chang has the original Klingon Chancellor assasinated.

In both, the lead badguy is either directly responsible for, or associated with those who are, the death of the former leader(s) of their respective governments.
"Until Hell calls my name!"

imagin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by imagin » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:40 pm

I think Chang was a better bad guy. Shinzon was just plain stupid! He had only mere hours before he would die so what does he do? He waists his last hours by mind-rapping Troy and talking to Picard.

Also his reasons for destroying Earth were crappy too! He hated humanity for sharing his DNA more than he hated the Romulans for beating him up for ten years.

Plus his battle tactics sucked too. His number one rule of space combat: If you have an invisible ship, fly so close to the enemy they can shoot your dumb ***.

In all Shinzon sucked and Chang was cool.

Dontai
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Dontai » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:09 pm

Undiscovered Country owns Nemisis

Nemisis is a cheap nock off of Undiscovered Country

Plus chang says "i can see you? Can you see me?"

Barty
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Barty » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:22 pm

Also just to say that the new ST movie coming out is going to suck. How can they end Nemisis like that. they should at leat Make one more and close like they did in ST 6. i mean come on

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:44 pm

Undiscovered Country has Kirk and the cool TMP era ships. Hands down it is a more fun movie to watch.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

DarthTaz
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by DarthTaz » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:07 am

Undiscovered Country had the BoP firing from the forward torpedo tube, so why couldn't the Enterprise lay a blind spread of torpedoes. The Scimitar, has several weapon ports, and Picard had all weapons firing at will to find it.

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:08 pm

Elrond wrote:Especially when we go to consider that Riker and that viceroy were fighting on Deck 29 and it looked like the Viceroy fell another 200 feet.
Very well put :D . But as for some of the other comments, I thought the Enterprise looked fine (about it's best). The movie was shot on film and I personally find that film is better for effect-laden movies, as the 'grain' tends to make things appear to be coexisting in the same space a little better.

As for the buggy debate, this is barely associated but in Star Wars they had perfect repulsorlift technology and still used craft with wheels and with legs, so I'd say one can no more complain about the buggy than they're willing to about the Juggernought tank in Revenge of the Sith.

Overall, I'd say Nemesis is a good movie. While Shinzon's motives are more elusive than any I've come across in the history of good movies, (excluding the Joker's in Dark Knight, but when you're that cool who needs motives anyway?) I wouldn't say that that was the worst part of the movie. I'd probably give it an 8.5, and Undiscovered Country a more well-deserved 9.5.

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 am

Nemesis