Do you believe in UFOS?

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sun May 22, 2005 2:05 am

kai121 wrote:
Majestic wrote:Well thats my little story.

I bet is was the Asgard.
Nah prolly O'niel taking the prometheus for a joyride :P
LOL, perhaps O'Neill in a F-302 (X-302) :lol:

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Mon May 23, 2005 11:44 am

"If they actually release proof of the Aurora's existance, by then, the Aurora will be outdated."

Not necessarily so. The SR-71's existence was made public by President Johnson in 1964 who transposed the RS prefix to SR. So it was forever changed to SR-71. I still have the 1964 clippings about the thing and it obviously was in active service for long after.

We'll know the whole story....someday. :)

kai121
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by kai121 » Mon May 23, 2005 1:41 pm

lol, well this guys managed to get sum up close pictures. Theyve been checked and the aicraft isnt a computer image and the picture hasnt been pasted on but its a real photo. If he posts it ill give a link so you can see it, but their still runnign checks to see if the pics 100% real. So far its passed most of the tests :)
"It is our destiny to attempt the impossible, to accomplish great deeds regardless of fear".

Draconia
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Draconia » Wed May 25, 2005 4:46 pm

kai121 wrote:lol, well this guys managed to get sum up close pictures. Theyve been checked and the aicraft isnt a computer image and the picture hasnt been pasted on but its a real photo. If he posts it ill give a link so you can see it, but their still runnign checks to see if the pics 100% real. So far its passed most of the tests :)
Now this I would like to see.
I am the Dragon Queen of the Azure Skies. My graceful flight inspires awe in all who see it.

kai121
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by kai121 » Thu May 26, 2005 6:51 am

Me too, but theyve still not posted them. ive sent in an e-mail to see whats goin on :arrow:

Edit: by the way if I dissapear you know whats goin on :lol:
"It is our destiny to attempt the impossible, to accomplish great deeds regardless of fear".

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Mon May 30, 2005 1:52 am

I would also like to see these aleged photos.
"Until Hell calls my name!"

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:15 pm

Applying all logic here points to the fact that any close-up image would have had to have been taken by someone actually on the base where it flew from- Area 51 or where ever. Is this alluded to in any way?

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:29 pm

The pics could have been taken with a soom lens and that is what is meant by close-up.

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:55 am

No, they'd have to have a titanicly large lens to capture a recon craft like that that gained altitude over desolate, uninhabited territory and was at even medium altitude. At 25,000 feet even the details would be grainy as hell. A closeup photo is a shot taken while the plane is on the tarmac!

Besides, does anyone know the theory that the thing launches from a C-5 and is captured also to ingress/egress airfields in complete secret?

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:10 pm

Twitch wrote:No, they'd have to have a titanicly large lens to capture a recon craft like that that gained altitude over desolate, uninhabited territory and was at even medium altitude. At 25,000 feet even the details would be grainy as hell. A closeup photo is a shot taken while the plane is on the tarmac!
You do have a point there.

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:53 pm

JPKTrekker wrote:
Twitch wrote:No, they'd have to have a titanicly large lens to capture a recon craft like that that gained altitude over desolate, uninhabited territory and was at even medium altitude. At 25,000 feet even the details would be grainy as hell. A closeup photo is a shot taken while the plane is on the tarmac!
You do have a point there.
Twitch always makes a good point.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:13 pm

I have seen images of the thing sitting on the ground from a satellite though........ OK here's one intreuging pic at this site and there's a couple others. http://ovni.do.sapo.pt/principal/AVIOES ... ng5esp.htm

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:21 pm

Twitch wrote:I have seen images of the thing sitting on the ground from a satellite though........ OK here's one intreuging pic at this site and there's a couple others. http://ovni.do.sapo.pt/principal/AVIOES ... ng5esp.htm
That might have been an actual shot of the Aurora. Or it could have been one of those new U.A.V.'s being developed.

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:13 pm

It is possibly a mockup to keep us guessing. In world war two, the first US jet, the P-49 was fitted with a dummy propeller at all times when it was on the ground. No one knew what it really was.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:39 am

That was the Bell P-59 Airacomet that had the fake prop. Remember when the B-2 finally came out to the light? There was lots of coverage about what it might look like when it was thought to exist. It was very similar to Popular Mechanics renderings in an article actually. I don't think that the pic is that of a UAV or UCAV due to the fact that they are more conventional in layout and the blob in the image is lifting body in shape.
The Borg will rock your world!