What Is The Greatest Star Trek Film?

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

What's The Greatest Star Trek Film

ST 1 The Motion Picture
No votes
ST 2 The Wrath Of Khan
33%
ST 3 The Search For Spock
7%
ST 4 The Voyage Home
No votes
ST 5 The Final Frontier
No votes
ST 6 The Undiscovered Country
7%
ST Generations
No votes
ST First Contact
40%
ST Insurrection
No votes
ST Nemesis
13%

Total votes: 15

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:57 pm

All I can say is

KAAAAAHHHHHNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wording fixed-Cecil
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Aquanori
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aquanori » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:06 pm

Same here, my favorit is the Wrath Of Khan too, after that comes first contact & Nemesis

redsix
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by redsix » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:31 pm

I liked voyage home for obvious reasons and undiscovered country... I thought generations was the best TNG movie... sure first contact was fun, but it just was too much fan boy action and not enough story...

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:15 am

Nemesis may not be the best of them all, but it is my favorite.

The best in my mind is Star Trek II, then Star Trek VI, then Star Trek IV, and finally Nemesis
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

Straxx
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Straxx » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:01 pm

Out of all of the Star Trek movies released (so far), I would say that "The Search for Spock" is my favorite. The story shows you how much a true friendship should be like. Even though all starfleet officers are trained with excellence, they also instilled in every officer that death is part of the game. But I guess that I'm alot like Jim Kirk. I go 'against the grain' of things that life throws at me. Just like he went against Starfleet Command's strict orders to 'forget' about Genesis and to stay away. Now I would have done better about taking care of the Enterprise against the Klingons, but hey. :lol: My second fave would be "First Contact". I'm a huge Borg fan.

Guyver_IV
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

the greatest star trek films

Post by Guyver_IV » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:06 pm

In my opinion out of the 10 Star Trek movies there are only 3 good ones. The rest are so/so and others absolute poop.

In this order these are my favorite to would watch only if my life depended on it

1. Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Kahn. This movie is by far the best ever made. Only because It brought back a character from the original series who is completely pyschotic and will stop at nothing to achieve his goals or attempt to.

2. Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country. This is the second best. Because of its tie ins to the end of the cold war between the United States (Federation) and the Soviet Union (Klingons). Another reason is General Chang. Just like Kahn, he would stop at nothing to try and achieve his goal. The third reason, is that like in Nemesis, the Enterprise was actually threatened to the point of destruction fighting General Chang's bird of prey, even when help of the Excelsior.

3. Star Trek Nemesis. This movie in my opinion contends greatly with Star Trek 2 and Star Trek 6. Even thought some have noticed it parallels Star Trek 6, it brings to light on who Picard's true enemy is. Himself. Another reason I like it is the detail the director put into the scenes with Enterprise getting the tar beaten out of her. If you slow the collision scene to ½ its original speed you see people getting crushed on the scimitar, you see a person on the Enterprise bridge doing his best to protect himself on the floor when a conduit hangs dangerously inches above him shooting sparks all over. What I'm saying is the steps, a "non" Star Trek fan took the details, the story, the conflicts between Picard & Shinzon and Data & B4 and how the conflicts mold together makes it the 3rd best Star Trek movie in my book.

4. Star Trek Generations. Destruction of complete star systems. Destruction of the Enterprise-D. Star Trek Generations is also a soothing movie amoungst all the chaos of the movie.

5/6/7/8. Star Trek First Contact / Star Trek Insurrection / Star Trek 3 / Star Trek 4. Space Scenes and scenes with the Humpback whales. To me the rest of the rest of those movies are poop.

9 and 10. Star Trek the Motion Picture and Star Trek 5. I would watch those movies only if my life depended on it. In my book, they are absolutely the worst movies ever in the 10 films made.

I dont know where he is. But a Guyver never dies.

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:25 am

I would say... with gun to head... ST2:TWOK just for the simple reason that it has the greatest Trek villian in history. Since, then other Trek movies and series has tried find a successor and all were weak at best. The guy is so magnetic and full of charisma on screen that if I were a female (which I now :) ) I would melt turn against Kirk too. :lol:

besides, it's characters and their stories that makes the best Trek film, not the FX or action - though doesn't hurt to have them.

Draconia
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Draconia » Wed May 11, 2005 1:46 pm

I say Nemisis for one simple reason. I love the Scimitar. That is one great ship. So powerful that they had to destroy her from the inside. Not even the Enterprise-E and two Valdores could stop her using simple fire power. They had to take out the Scimitar's main weapon core from the inside of the ship by hand.