who's the best the Dominion or the Alliance?

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Whos The Best Alliance

Dominion(card,bre,jem)
40%
Alliance(fed,kling,rom)
60%

Total votes: 15

Aquanori
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aquanori » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:02 am

I like the Alliamce of Fed, Kling & Romulans better.

Here's why:
- I hate cardassian ship dessigns
- i like Galaxy class ships
- Romulan warbird best ship EVER!!!

I like the Dominion ships too, especially the big Dreadnoughts, but the Cardassian ships really bring that fleet down (from the looks)

Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:34 am

If the Dominion wasn't defeated at Cardassia Prime, just a lil longer until the Federation starts building Sovereign-class ships, which means game over for the Dominion.
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:42 am

Same here, Aquanori. I've seen far better Cardassian ship designs that were models for Star Trek Armada II. I love the Dominion ships the best - the Dreadnought was the only ship they really needed to kick real butt! In truth, the Defiant could not have survived that war - impossible given that they were in the middle of every major battle with the Dominion!!! But the Cardassians screwed up a lot - strategically, tactically, etc. If it wouldn't have been for Ben Sisko's wormhole encounter at the end, it would have been all over for the Defiant, the Alliance Fleet, et al. Of course, the Klingons and Romulans may have been the greatest help to the Alliance more so even than the Defiant. Look at what happened to the USS Valiant, a Defiant class ship that went against one Dominion Dreadnought - the Valiant was blown to smitherines before the captain could say "turn the dang ship around!"

My favorite ships are definitely the Dominion because they rock! Then is the Federation and Romulans, then Klingons, then the Borg, then the Breen, then the Cardassians. But it all depends sometimes on the ship classes - most races have some pretty awesome ship and station designs - but the Dominion, Romulans, and the Federation still are the coolest! But of course, the newer Cardassian ships on this site are pretty awesome (like the Korinar and the Darnax class ships). Had the Cardassians had ships like the Korinar (equivalent in strength to a Federation Ares or Achilles class Federation ship) or the Darnax, they probably would have won the day. The Dominion lost because I think the Founder called back all the forces. Then Gul Dukat and all of his wisdom screwed the whole battle plan up because he was so obsessed with being the King of the Alpha Quadrant! But like so many military strategies that seem like they are fool-proof, they end up being little more than a neusence to the good guys!

The next alliance I would like to see (now that the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans are united) is one between the Federation and the Dominion - what an unstoppable force - combining the Alpha Quadrant and Gamma Quadrants - it would form a stronger alliance against the Borg if they ever attacked again, which they will - resistance is futile. But with a powerful kick-butt race like the Dominion on their side, the Federation would be in a pretty cool position. The Klingons would be like, "hey, let's break off the peace treaty with the Federation and conquer it!" The other Klingon would say, "err...I don't know, they have the Dominion on their side now too - and the Romulans...hey, we're honorable but not stupid!"

Well, that's my take on the Dominion and the Alliance. Give them a fair one-to-one ration of starship number fight and the Dominion would come out victorious any day. Plus they have shield disruptors as a standard weapon - not a good day for an enemy to fight against them!

Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:07 pm

As interesting as the Dominion and Breen ships are I've got to give it to the Rommie/Feddie/Klingon alliance. First off, I LOVE the Romulan designs. Personally I think they have some of the slickest ships around both cannon and non-cannon. The Norexean especially caught my eye.

Additionally, for some reason the Klingon ships have always held my fancy. It must have something to do with the robust looking design they have. When you look at a Klingon ship, you can't help but think, "Damn, this isn't going to be easy to kill..."

As for the Feddies, I've never really liked the traditional Federation ships, but the newer designs (sovereign, defiant, prometheus, etc.) are starting to pique my interest. The old Constitution and Galaxy classes never did much for me but it looks like they're going toward a more sleek design scheme that's going to make the fleet look a hell of a lot more intersting than they are currently.

About the only Dominion ships I ever liked were the small destroyers. Something about the larger dreadnaughts made them look clunky to me. The Breen, however had some interesting looks to them. Very different from any of the other races. Whoever came up with their layouts over at Paramount my hat is off to them. Don't even get me started on the monstrosities that are the Cardassian ships... ugh! :roll:
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!

Aquanori
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aquanori » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:14 pm

Elrond wrote:Same here, Aquanori. I've seen far better Cardassian ship designs that were models for Star Trek Armada II. I love the Dominion ships the best - the Dreadnought was the only ship they really needed to kick real butt! In truth, the Defiant could not have survived that war - impossible given that they were in the middle of every major battle with the Dominion!!! But the Cardassians screwed up a lot - strategically, tactically, etc. If it wouldn't have been for Ben Sisko's wormhole encounter at the end, it would have been all over for the Defiant, the Alliance Fleet, et al. Of course, the Klingons and Romulans may have been the greatest help to the Alliance more so even than the Defiant. Look at what happened to the USS Valiant, a Defiant class ship that went against one Dominion Dreadnought - the Valiant was blown to smitherines before the captain could say "turn the dang ship around!"

My favorite ships are definitely the Dominion because they rock! Then is the Federation and Romulans, then Klingons, then the Borg, then the Breen, then the Cardassians. But it all depends sometimes on the ship classes - most races have some pretty awesome ship and station designs - but the Dominion, Romulans, and the Federation still are the coolest! But of course, the newer Cardassian ships on this site are pretty awesome (like the Korinar and the Darnax class ships). Had the Cardassians had ships like the Korinar (equivalent in strength to a Federation Ares or Achilles class Federation ship) or the Darnax, they probably would have won the day. The Dominion lost because I think the Founder called back all the forces. Then Gul Dukat and all of his wisdom screwed the whole battle plan up because he was so obsessed with being the King of the Alpha Quadrant! But like so many military strategies that seem like they are fool-proof, they end up being little more than a neusence to the good guys!

The next alliance I would like to see (now that the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans are united) is one between the Federation and the Dominion - what an unstoppable force - combining the Alpha Quadrant and Gamma Quadrants - it would form a stronger alliance against the Borg if they ever attacked again, which they will - resistance is futile. But with a powerful kick-butt race like the Dominion on their side, the Federation would be in a pretty cool position. The Klingons would be like, "hey, let's break off the peace treaty with the Federation and conquer it!" The other Klingon would say, "err...I don't know, they have the Dominion on their side now too - and the Romulans...hey, we're honorable but not stupid!"

Well, that's my take on the Dominion and the Alliance. Give them a fair one-to-one ration of starship number fight and the Dominion would come out victorious any day. Plus they have shield disruptors as a standard weapon - not a good day for an enemy to fight against them!

Your right, Dominion Federation - unstoppable.

I think the federations policies after a war are too light anyway! They just leave the loosers alone after a war and let them rebuilt. I would force an "alliance" or in other words control them... The Fed, Kling and Romulans should have taken over all dominion ships after the war. Imagine Dominion dreadnoughts with Romulan Cloaking or maybe even the federation phase cloaking device :D

Titan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Titan » Wed May 11, 2005 12:15 pm

I find the concept of cloaked kamikaze Jem'Hadar destoyers scary enough. Let alone a Dreadnaught with a cloak, especially like the one on the scimatar.

Draconia
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Draconia » Wed May 11, 2005 1:40 pm

I actually prefer Romulan, Klingon, and Dominion ship designs. I also like various ship designs from the other powers in Star Trek.

P.S.: Wasn't the first U.S.S. Defiant destroyed during the war?
I am the Dragon Queen of the Azure Skies. My graceful flight inspires awe in all who see it.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:20 pm

Draconia wrote:I actually prefer Romulan, Klingon, and Dominion ship designs. I also like various ship designs from the other powers in Star Trek.

P.S.: Wasn't the first U.S.S. Defiant destroyed during the war?
Yes it was, the Breen's handy work. The USS Sao Paulo was renamed to Defiant (NCC-74205).

I pefer Klingon ships, I also like the Cardassian and Federation ships as well. :D

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:18 pm

There is more balance with the alliance. Romulans have stealth, klingons have offense, feds have defense. It is a well balanced group.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:45 am

blindeye01 wrote:There is more balance with the alliance. Romulans have stealth, klingons have offense, feds have defense. It is a well balanced group.
I agree. I never thought of it that way. :D

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:20 am

I like the Dominion and Breen ship designs.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:22 am

AFC wrote:I like the Dominion and Breen ship designs.

Same with me. Somehow they are the most mysterious.
Dead

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:23 am

Yeah, they are pretty awesome too. :D

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:33 am

iv seen some excelent Breen on mesh sites. it be a good addon race.

I seen some goot Sona ships too.