Capital Punishment

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Capital Punishment

Post by Harrie » Wed May 18, 2005 1:23 am

Just post your feeling about this subject.

Personally I think anyone who commits abuse of anykind (such as child or spousal), rape (not including som cases of statutory rape), and murder should be executed, esspecially if it results in the victims death. 38 of the 50 states allow the death penalty, i believe that this practice of throwing murders and rapists into prison is the same as a slap on the wrist.

When a person is sent to prison they become a ward of the state, meaning the state must do anything in its power to keep them alive, even use taxpayers money to by them organ transplants. Does it make sense to keep a man who cut the life of a child short, live protected until death claims them on his own terms.

Apperently it cost more to house a man (or woman) on death row than in prison. How much do bullets cost?

Well... that's my rant.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Wed May 18, 2005 6:48 am

I believe that, if they're going to hell for eternity, making them wait their whole lives for it is just as good a punishment. Eternity minus 50 years will still equal eternity. Let them think about that in jail.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Wed May 18, 2005 7:38 am

The only thing is the texpayers' money that is put into keeping them alive.

Anyway, many mention gun control as a method to control murder and armed assault. Chris Rock put it best when he said, "it's not so much that we should have gun control - we should have bullet control - make bullets cost like five thousand dollars each - that way there's no innocent bystanders." :P
Dead

USS_Nova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Nova » Wed May 18, 2005 8:45 am

I rather have them rot in one building for the rest of their lives.
Its been a while.

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Wed May 18, 2005 1:40 pm

I personally don't care one way or the other but capital punishment has been around since there have been tribal societies with a few exceptions during brief periods. So the consences leans toward it as a tool of society. SImply because many countries have no capital punishment right this second, history weighs that attitudes will change back.

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Wed May 18, 2005 3:52 pm

Murders, rapest and child molesters

Should be public killed for there crimes. There sick bastards who should not be allowed to live another day.

The old day justice is what i want your convicted and your get Hung or a fireing squard.

Your dead end of story.

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Wed May 18, 2005 6:01 pm

But they need to stew in their foulness.

Remember, eternity in hell - 50 yrs in prison still means eternity in hell.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Wed May 18, 2005 6:11 pm

blindeye01 wrote:But they need to stew in their foulness.

well they use that time to try to slip out by appealing their case

so yeah i agree with AFC

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Wed May 18, 2005 7:38 pm

AFC wrote:Murders, rapest and child molesters

Should be public killed for there crimes. There sick bastards who should not be allowed to live another day.

The old day justice is what i want your convicted and your get Hung or a fireing squard.

Your dead end of story.

Amen!
Dead

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Wed May 18, 2005 7:40 pm

Bullets don't kill people, people kill people. Some people are just to moral to kill another person, even if it is their job to excute murderers.
"Until Hell calls my name!"

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Wed May 18, 2005 7:56 pm

cecilzero1 wrote:
blindeye01 wrote:But they need to stew in their foulness.

well they use that time to try to slip out by appealing their case

so yeah i agree with AFC
Ah, but we can change the rules to make appeal impossible without convincing evidence, and what if by circumstance someone innocent is put to death. If there is absolutely concrete evidence that they are innocent, but they find it after his execution, how would you feel. Do not give in to blood lust. Your retribution is meager compared with the divine retribution every religion has, so do not dirty your hands by returning violence and evil with the taking of a life.

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Wed May 18, 2005 8:33 pm

What good is it, Blindeye, to throw a serial killer or chain rapist in jail? I don't think they will be repenting or remorseful any time soon.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Wed May 18, 2005 9:37 pm

u get more jail time for downloading a song then raping or murdering someone

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Wed May 18, 2005 9:53 pm

cecilzero1 wrote:u get more jail time for downloading a song then raping or murdering someone
Exactly. That's one thing that's a problem with law enforcement and something that makes justice a lot more difficult to achieve.
Dead

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Wed May 18, 2005 10:16 pm

Harrie wrote:What good is it, Blindeye, to throw a serial killer or chain rapist in jail? I don't think they will be repenting or remorseful any time soon.
Ah, but certainly killing them will not change their ways. At the very least, imprisonment is a mental torture.

On another note, prisons are using entirely too much effort on 1st time pot possesion and the like.