uss titan ncc-80102 luna class.

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Titan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Titan » Sun May 22, 2005 3:24 pm

that is basically what I was saying, the Federation wouldn't build large dreadnaughts like that.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Mon May 23, 2005 2:34 am

Well desprite times leads to desprite measures. How do you think the Defiant and Sovereign classes happened? :wink:

I agree that the Federation would not build a dreadnaught, but it may be possible as the Galaxy has become more dangerous since the beginning of the TNG.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Mon May 23, 2005 5:11 am

I reckon the Titans really an old Daedalus Class :lol:

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Mon May 23, 2005 5:58 am

I didn't mean to get anyone upset--good grief--concerning the size--oh c'mon--when talking about the Titan. My ears are still ringing from all that shouting. Guess I'll go the other way and name one of the shuttlecraft "Titan". Does this mean that the "Midway" class is mid-way between the smallest craft and the largest? "Europa" class then would be in Europe? Would the USS Colby be orange like the cheese? :twisted:
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

Titan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Titan » Mon May 23, 2005 9:50 am

I did not say the Titan was a large ship. It is the view of most of the public that the Titan is a large ship. I said the Titan is likely to be a Sovereign because Riker is a good captain and after being the first officer of the Enterprise I'm sure Starfleet would want to make use of him by giving him the best in starfleet.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Mon May 23, 2005 10:13 am

Hmmmm, where to begin. The titan isnt' seen therefore we can stop the speculation if you please.

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Mon May 23, 2005 12:13 pm

AJB20 wrote:Sorry tied just got back from a busy weekend and forgot to take caps lock off. I did not mind majestic comments as we debated it using knowledge of the star trek universe. But the federation does not build dreadnaughts (unless they are required but i cant name one cannon dreadnaught as the sovergien is an advanced or heavey explorer) star fleet is about defence and mainly exploration not war. star fleet ship names are named after historic events,people or places. current places and planets or virtuies not warlike names. Titan as a name based on size sounds more like an name suitable for an imperrial superstar destroyer from star wars.
In the book "Battlestations" the T.M.P. era Dreadnaught class was mentioned. "Battlestations" is the sequel to "Dreadnaught". In "Dreadnaught" the T.M.P. era Federation had the Dreadnaught class being stolen by renegade Starfleet officers.
"Until Hell calls my name!"

AJB20
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by AJB20 » Mon May 23, 2005 3:37 pm

I know the titan is not seen and not cannon but will be seen once the competion winner has been deciced on in september as it will be on the cover of the titan books. I only started this post to inform people of the competion as i fought they may like to enter it. I got a bit fed up of being told what i had wrote was wrong but i did not decide on the concept notes just copied them out of the back of the book. As some of the modders on this site may have wanted to submit some of their current work for the competion to have their work decided as the cannon luna class and titan star ship

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Mon May 23, 2005 5:13 pm

AJB20 wrote:I know the titan is not seen and not cannon but will be seen once the competion winner has been deciced on in september as it will be on the cover of the titan books. I only started this post to inform people of the competion as i fought they may like to enter it. I got a bit fed up of being told what i had wrote was wrong but i did not decide on the concept notes just copied them out of the back of the book. As some of the modders on this site may have wanted to submit some of their current work for the competion to have their work decided as the cannon luna class and titan star ship
Good point. For some reason, people are using this thread to argue about the U.S.S. Titan, when this thread was started as only a notice to inform people about a contest to design the Luna class U.S.S. Titan. A contest that already has criteria for the design. I think that everyone should stop discussing and start working on their submissions.

AJB20
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by AJB20 » Mon May 23, 2005 5:22 pm

thank you that was what i was trying to get at from the begining and i think its good to get the star trek audience to design the ship. i would enter but dont have the software or skills to design the ship plus i live in england so can not enter even if i wanted to.

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Mon May 23, 2005 5:36 pm

AJB20 wrote:thank you that was what i was trying to get at from the begining and i think its good to get the star trek audience to design the ship. i would enter but dont have the software or skills to design the ship plus i live in england so can not enter even if i wanted to.
You are quite welcome. If I had any modeling skills, I would enter myself.

P.S.: I don't see any reason why this thread was hijacked by other forum goers.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon May 30, 2005 2:08 am

A few things:

1) If this thread wasn't meant to debate something, then it doesn't belong in debates, it belongs somewhere else.

2) I agree. This thread had been hijacked. It's the debate thread not the speculation thread.

3) Stay on topic.

4) I know this thread hasn't been used for five days, but I didn't see it till now. :wink:
Dead

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:02 am

i hate it when a thread goes off topic it just ANNOYS me :evil:

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon May 30, 2005 3:16 am

cecilzero1 wrote:i hate it when a thread goes off topic it just ANNOYS me :evil:
Indeed.

On topic, I say the more Titan versions the better - more to choose from. Eventually one of those designs may be renewed to be used in an actual trek film or series.
Dead

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:27 am

i wonder why dont they make the Titian and get it over with *sighs*