uss titan ncc-80102 luna class.

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon May 30, 2005 3:34 am

I think Star Trek and Paramount are keeping their own design of the Titan secret until the next future movie, if that happens.
Dead

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:40 am

still they are hold us in suspension

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Re: uss titan ncc-80102 luna class.

Post by JPKTrekker » Mon May 30, 2005 3:48 am

AJB20 wrote:I know that there has been some debates to what class of ship and what type(explorer, science, battle) the uss titan is. I recently bought the star trek book titan: taking wing and in the back it mentions a competion for designs of the uss titan. It is only for americans or canadians but I was wondering if anybody was intrested as the winner gets to see his design on the cover of a book and credit for it. The concept notes for the luna class
are the following.
Wouldn't a picture on a Star Trek book cover be considered a canon design?
"Until Hell calls my name!"

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:52 am

kinda why??

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Mon May 30, 2005 3:54 am

I think the whole point of the contest was to get a fan to design the look of the U.S.S. Titan. That way, they can concentrate on more important matters like scripts in any new movies.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Mon May 30, 2005 4:00 am

ah i see kwhat does it look like??

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Re: uss titan ncc-80102 luna class.

Post by JPKTrekker » Mon May 30, 2005 4:05 am

AJB20 wrote:I know that there has been some debates to what class of ship and what type(explorer, science, battle) the uss titan is. I recently bought the star trek book titan: taking wing and in the back it mentions a competion for designs of the uss titan. It is only for americans or canadians but I was wondering if anybody was intrested as the winner gets to see his design on the cover of a book and credit for it. The concept notes for the luna class
are the following.

The luna class is a mid sized starfleet vessel approx 450 meters in length so larger than the intrepid class but smaller than the galaxy about similar size to the now aging excelsior class. It has a crew compliment of 350 and is compariable to other establised star fleet designs.

It is a new long range explorer not built specifily for combat but like the constsitution class, a vessel designed for long-term multipurpose missions into uncharted space. It is equiped though with state of the art propulsion and science facilities as well as having similar weapons as found on the sovergien class. It also is a test bed for expiremental science tech not yet implemented on other classes.

I think thats most of the important concept notes. Designs must be in the form of general plans and include the following views. side front, back, top,bottom. They must be submited to titancontest@simonandschuster.com in the following formats jpeg, cmyk colour or 14" x 9" at 300dpi.

I posted this because some of you may want to give it a go and may have already created ships that are found on this website that match the criteria and want to enter them.
Currently, as far as I know, they haven't picked a design yet. This thread was started to inform people about the contest so that they could submit their own designs.

Raptor
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Raptor » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:35 pm

You would expect the name Titan to be a large ship, but since it's a Luna class, the ships are named after moons....and obviously Titan refers to one of Jupiter's moons.
If you want a free custom sig, send me a PM or email ( Raptor226@gmail.com ).

wingsabre
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by wingsabre » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:56 pm

From what i know, looking at the script for Nemesis, Riker stated several times that the Titan was the most beautiful ship he's ever sean.

So i think it just has to be preety, and have a minimilistic design. Something like "Mac in space"

Titan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Titan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:02 am

or he was saying it because it was his ship.

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:45 pm

August 15th has come and gone. Anyone know what the winning design looks like?

Khaldore
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Khaldore » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:17 pm

JPKTrekker wrote:Wouldn't a picture on a Star Trek book cover be considered a canon design?
Actually, I doubt it, at least as far as 'canon' goes. According to Paramount:
Startrek.com wrote: As a rule of thumb, the events that take place within the live action episodes and movies are canon, or official Star Trek facts. Story lines, characters, events, stardates, etc. that take place within the fictional novels, the Animated Adventures, and the various comic lines are not canon.

There are only a couple of exceptions to this rule: the Jeri Taylor penned novels "Mosaic" and "Pathways." Many of the events in these two novels feature background details of the main Star Trek: Voyager characters. (Note: There are a few details from an episode of the Animated Adventures that have entered into the Star Trek canon. The episode "Yesteryear," written by D.C. Fontana, features some biographical background on Spock.)
So presumably, unless the Titan were seen on-screen first, its design on the cover of the novels would be speculation only.

As for the design notes listed in the initial post... the Hephaestus (my WIP) matches those specs pretty closely. :P

- Mike