Multi-Universal Combat (Science and Math applied)

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:55 pm

Raptor wrote:Based on the power of the Death Star's super laser (could destroy a planet), The Borg Cube wouldn't have a chance once the Death Star fired. Now, assuming this is a third Death Star using the upgraded plans (a completed version of the DS2), the Borg Cube would have a hard time destroying it, because. 1) An SSD crrashed into the DS2, after which the DS2 continued firing, with only moderate damage caused. 2) the Borg adapt to specific frequencies of weapons, and take several hits before adapting. The Death star would need only one shot, and even if the Borg had adapted, the vast amount of energy (enough to destroy a planet) would overload the Borg ship and still destroy it.

Assimilation would be a challenge since most of the troops on board wear armor, and the Borg would take a while figuring out how to penetrate the armor, and once tthey adapted, the Imperials would switch to more powerful weapons.
All good points, Raptor. But, the Borg went stealth when they first beamed aboard the Enterprise-E in First Contact, and I don't see any reason why the same wouldn't be done if the Borg came across a Death Star.
"Until Hell calls my name!"

Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:39 am

I would think that if Vader or the Emperor were onboard the Death Star, then they would sense the Borg as a threat via the Force and destroy them well before they were in range to do any assimilation. The battle would be over before it even began. A presence as powerful and dangerous as the Borg would certainly cause ripples in the Force.

As far as one-on-one goes, bear in mind that the Borg can't survive if their organic components are damaged (according to Picard on FC), so Jedi or Sith could pull the ol' choke trick and poof, dead Borg drone. If they get to close, then they get tossed like a ragdoll with the Force. Since the Jedi can toss several at a time (going by the battle scenes in Attack of the Clones), they'd never get close enough to assimilate any of them.

Remove Jedi from the equation, and who knows?
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!

Borg_Queen
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Borg_Queen » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:17 am

Interesting debate. Remember that the Borg can survive an incredible long time without breathing, so chocking them won't work...

I wonder what will happen then the Borg soldiers (the assimilators) gets really aggressive. After all, then A borg Cube encounters something of interest, they first scans the target. If it's really interesting, a bunch of assimilators beam in.

The Borg would also with their scan detect the main weapon of the Death Star, and would avoid it. If it was some JediSith onboard, the Borg would quickly discover that primary ambush technics won't work, so they could distract the person while some Borg beam in straight behind him/her and assimilates the person.

And by the way, the assimilators are stronger, more aggressive and more powerful than the other drones. The assimilators do also have a powerful weapon to shoot with! So this could be an interesting battle.
Resistance is futile.

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:14 pm

The Deathstar' s planet killing beam is like the 16" guns of a battleship- they can't track a manueverable destroyer at relatively close range and take time to charge.
The Borg will rock your world!

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:28 pm

Twitch wrote:The Deathstar' s planet killing beam is like the 16" guns of a battleship- they can't track a manueverable destroyer at relatively close range and take time to charge.
I believe the 2nd Death Star was able to take out capital ships with its superlaser.
"Until Hell calls my name!"

Raptor
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Raptor » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:06 pm

JPKTrekker wrote:
Twitch wrote:The Deathstar' s planet killing beam is like the 16" guns of a battleship- they can't track a manueverable destroyer at relatively close range and take time to charge.
I believe the 2nd Death Star was able to take out capital ships with its superlaser.
You are correct. It would be able to track a Borg cube since a Borg cube is roughly equal in size to an ISD.

As far as Palpatine goes, he would probably not only sense the Borg presense, but also forsee their arrival and defeat them.
If you want a free custom sig, send me a PM or email ( Raptor226@gmail.com ).

Romulan_Fury
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Romulan_Fury » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:04 pm

In the end, h side that woulsd win would be the side the writers wanted to win. They would find some miracle to affect the outcome to their liking. :D
´Tis more brave to live, than to die.

Titan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Titan » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 am

The Borg wouldn't stand a chance against Jedi or Sith. The Borg are simply too slow, especially if its in the enclosed space of a starship corridor.

Romulan_Fury
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Romulan_Fury » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:45 pm

I'm sorry, but what exactly is a starship corridor?
´Tis more brave to live, than to die.

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:18 am

I can picture Darth Vader using the Force against the Borg. He stands still in concentration and the Borg components start ripping out of the Borg bouncing off the walls and the floor as the helpless Borg falls lifeless twitching twice. Darth Vader states, "You don't know the power of the Dark Side."
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:45 am

And then the Borg Queen would simply inject him with Borg juice in the neck saying "Death is irrevelent biatch!"
The Borg will rock your world!