Armada 3

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

In Armada Three Should the Ferengi Be a Major Race or a Sub Race?

Major Race?
33%
Sub Race?
67%

Total votes: 52

Armada 3

Post by Guest »

i got the first post!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ok heres my poll
CenturionV
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CenturionV »

minor, the only real major races should be ones that are seen often and show to be relativly powerful. the ferengi show up alot but there not all that powerful from a military (Armada 3 style) standpoint.
Boris
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boris »

so an armada 3 is comming out soon.

Well i would like to see ferengi ships, and be able to assimilate them too hehe, but i would rather have the computer being them than me playing as them

Post by Guest »

I'd go for a hybrid. Have them as a minor type race, but give them the full set of utility stuff like construction ships and freighters, but less research and warships, and maybe keep them playable too.
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

Frankly have to wonder IF there is an A3 what more stuff they can put in it that hasn't already been done. We can add races in A2 now so I can't figure what else would be good. We can mod anything into anything- ships, weapons and more. If a race should be added make it the Ferengi so me and Boris can assimilate them as he says.
Boris
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boris »

i would like to see an armada 3 but leave the borg out, we kicked them too much, a new and better story line and use ALL cannon races ships, stations and personel, including the dominion, ferengi, breen, son'a etc

What i want to see is actual battles were the ships move when fighting not stand in front of each other fighting, i would like to see ships do evasive manuvers and dodge fire, especially the faster ships like the orion class scout.

Onther is the ships capabilities, a sovereign can fire both photon and quantumns, so i would lkie th have the option where u can change torpedoes, and the ships fore from actual ports, like the sovereign from the underside of the saucer
Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H »

I agree with the poll results so far. They were a minor race in the series, except maybe DS9, so they should be a minor race in any Star Trek Game.
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

Armada 3

Post by Guest »

like i said back on the old forums i am making armada 3,
based on your suggestions the ferengi will be a subrace, used in conjunction with the renegades, they will have starships possibly some research and trade options thanks all for your input, the borg is a race but thier changed, more like cannon borg without balance being compromised also ferengi will be playable, as for cannon youll all be delighted
Thun
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thun »

Oh so let me guess... This Armada 3 you refer to is a mod...? If so:
1st. Its in the wrong Forum
2nd.You're using a name for a mod that might conflict Activision's or Madoc's future Copyright
3rd. Sounds like a good mod, what other things you plan to add?

Thun
I am always in need of help.
DIE INSECT!!! *squish* Where were we?
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

Thun wrote:Oh so let me guess... This Armada 3 you refer to is a mod...? If so:
1st. Its in the wrong Forum
2nd.You're using a name for a mod that might conflict Activision's or Madoc's future Copyright
3rd. Sounds like a good mod, what other things you plan to add?

Thun

i agree wrong forum needs to be in genral modding :\ besides i dont think activision will give a rats butt right now as they are currently sueing Viacom about the name Armada 3 but Maddoc might care

besides if u name it Armada 3 people might think its a new game Activision is gonna release so u might want to consider changing the name :)
Boris
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boris »

unless you want to make major £££££ hehehe

so how can u have an armada 3 mod, it would have to be bloody big, and while your at it, can we get better textures please, armada 2 orginals were sh*t
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

I for one like the Borg and only play Borg along with races I assimilate. Don't mess with the Borg. As far as textures go you can import anything you want from A1 or make new ones easily with a simple non-Photoshop program.

Armada 3

Post by Guest »

im not willing to answer much questions about my mod as i want to keep it kinda under wraps so the community is delighted when they see it
i will say this though it is a STARCRAFT total conversion that will function without needing starcraft however it is released as freeware, and to be honest i started this post with a debate so i could figure out how the people wanted ferengi, right from the get go i have attempted to make the peoples armada 3, sure it may not be released by activison but by me as freeware and as for copyright stuff, i do not think it applies as i offer no fee for this game,
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

Terestel- call your mod anything you want. If anybody from any software company wanted to bust anyone for modding files and offering them free they would have tried doing it long ago. They actually like the idea that folks love their products so much and it actually stimulates sales and overall interest in the title. I've been modding since 1990 and people have been making modded freeware since the web has existed. Don't worry. :D