will humans ever live in unity?

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Captain_Bruce
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Captain_Bruce » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:34 am

Although uniting together against aliens is a fine idea, but it would be more like after WWII after the war the Alliances split I.E. USSR and the US. Furthermore we will inevitably destroy ourselves, but anyways die young save yourselves don't commit to the indecency of the insanity of the masses. In other words humans are selfish, and we will destroy each other to protect our own interests.

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:43 pm

Amen!

wingsabre
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by wingsabre » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:52 pm

I agree with Josh

But remember it is like the Matrix, we could eventually create a world where there is peace and 99.9% of the world would be content and united, but there will always be that 00.1% that is not content and from that a war will breed eventually causing war and mayhem. It's human nature, and until we evolve to oppress those needs there will never be peace, but then we wouldn’t be humans if we oppress our basic needs and human response.

Enterprise2002
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Enterprise2002 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:48 am

My answer to this.

Vulcans.

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:04 am

Sorry enterprise but Vulcans couldn't solve our problems as i said earlier you would take away everything that makes us different or kill a few billion of us so that we want a change
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

nOOb
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nOOb » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:43 am

I think we can come pretty close, but we aren't going found any utopias as there will always be class differences, and the conflicts between them, as well as competition between nations, and the curve ball of human corruptibility. Even if a well meaning group of individuals set up a utopia like civilization, their successors may not be so benevolent.

TrashMan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by TrashMan » Mon May 10, 2004 9:01 am

It might be possible if we prove intelligent extraterrestrial life.
Or if we are all threatened by some greave danger..

That might unite humanity..
USS Apocalypse
*I let my Phaser Cannon do the talking!*

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Mon May 10, 2004 9:19 am

TrashMan wrote:It might be possible if we prove intelligent extraterrestrial life.
Or if we are all threatened by some greave danger..

That might unite humanity..
hmm, maybe *the borg come to mind* *shudders* lets hope (if they exsist) that we never encounter them 8O
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon May 10, 2004 4:17 pm

Somehow humankind, if we are to live in unity, must get past the "Battle between Good and Evil" mentality. All war is inherently evil, though defending one's country is a priority. There are a lot of people in this world who want to see a battle that would be so fantastic in scale that it would be the last battle to take place in all history and the future - that it would end all. World War I was supposed to be the last great war ever, but since that war didn't destroy mankind (fortunately), the unfortunate thing is that since WWI didn't end all wars, there would have to be a second world war to finish off everyone else that survived world war I. Since World War II didn't do that, there are still a bunch of people out there that want to see an awesome war so fierce that it will be the final war, that war being coined, "World War III."
Since humans realized or had a conception of a superior being, our race has tried to make war on each other many countless times just for the reason that they thought it would be a battle of good against evil. A lot of people on Earth, hopefully most, consider all war evil, though as I mentioned defense must be maintained. Most of all wars are religious wars according to some nations or organizations or groups. For America, it is said we are defending ourselves. For us Americans, that is most of the truth concerning our war against terrorism. But for some people, it's just another chance to 'stick it' to other human beings just to show our superior firepower. Many people use war as a way of 'measuring power.'
It would be nice if humanity could be united, but it would take something terrible or big to accomplish it. It could be one gigantic war that lasts a hundred years or an encounter with aliens. But one thing is for certain, if humans can unite, war may continue beyond the borders of this planet (an interstellar war). Given that human civilization has existed for nearly 100,000 years and we are still struggling to accomplish unity, a unity in the galaxy would take a trillion years! So, if humans eventually have the capacity over all the Earth to dispense with war, there may be many interstellar wars if life is discovered and a Star Trek-like future exists. Even near the year 2400, in an optimistic future, the Alpha Quadrant itself does not remain completely stable for long. With so many races of life on the planets in the Alpha Quadrant, there's always someone causing an uprising (the Romulans or Klingons or the Breen Confederacy).
However, before we humans ever consider galactic unity, it's still gonna be many ages before unity exists on Earth unless an aerosol of special medicine that eliminates anger and fear inherent to all humans (unlikely that kind of technology exists on that scale). :P
Oh well, we shall see what the next age of Earth has in store for humanity. Many I have talked to believe that mankind doesn't have a chance of making it through this century. Oftentimes, when things get terribly bad, I almost believe it. World War III will probably happen, though I hope it doesn't get close to that! Even in the optimistic future of Star Trek, WWIII kills over 600 million people! I really hope that something close to unity occurs before that happens!

Gaeamil
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Gaeamil » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:40 pm

This is an outright NO. Humans will never EVER all work together. WWIII will kill everything more complex than roaches, and we will evolve back up, hopefully better and more peaceloving. For now, for us, we will kill each other