The Iran Question

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:24 pm

The US were involved in weapons deals to Iran, too! Not nuclear weapons, but for example the F-14B during the Iraq-Iran war (yes, the USA also traded with Saddam, Europe played on both sides, too.)

All our western countries have blood on their hands considering the Iraq-Disaster, the Iran crisis and the Palestine/Israel conflict.
Aren't we a nice international family?
Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance!
It has begun...

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:46 pm

Mankind is the family. Wouldn't it be nice if we could at least refrain from bloodying eachother's noses?
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:18 pm

It would be nice, but it would also be nice if everyone had a beamer and there was never traffic and we all just needed to be who we are to get everything we desire.

Sorry, had to be the cynic here. People have some fundamental flaws regardless of the environment they are raised in, read The Tempest for a good commentary on that.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:43 am

I used both restraint and sarcasm in my post. Apparently too subtle 8) . As for cynicism I believe if you had been reading my posts since you've been here you'd know that I tend to be very cynical about man's inherent nature.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:07 pm

Now, what are your conclusions about the Iran situation.
My one is simply, that every diplomatic measure needs to be used, while the Intelligence Services do background checks about the current Iran nuclear program.
The IAEO brings this case to the Worlds Security Council and finally, at least I hope so, this situation will find a peaceful end.
Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance!
It has begun...

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:54 pm

Honestly I think peaceful solutions only lie with Iran itself now. And due to the Iraq war any war with Iran would be a mess, since Iran is adjacent and we have so many troops tied up in Iraq.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to