Borg VS. Dominion

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Firefly1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: in the land of nowhere next to the land of somewhere but not as close as the land of neither here no

Borg VS. Dominion

Post by Firefly1 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:39 am

We all know about how much more powerful the borg and Dominion are then any of the Alpha Quadrent Civilizations yet these two massive groups have never encountered each other except in passing on two of the Armada 1 missions (a feat unto itself) how is it that both of these groups are able to control an entire quarter of the galaxy apeice and never find one another. And if you say well thats because they did find each other then how did these two completly dominant massivly agressive species manage to avoid any conflict with each other. so who would emerge victorios from a borg-dominion war for some it may be a clear cut answer but i'm not sure. obviosly the borg overpower the dominion but the borg have never sent more then one cube to attack at a time. so who would win?

SupaStarAsh
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by SupaStarAsh » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:02 pm

Did you by any chance "borrow" this from The GamingForums? ;)

My bets, if it was all out war, would be the Borg. Simply because they have the ships (in an all out war) and the strength. Whilst the Dominion can mass produce ships and clones, they wont be able to match the Borg at any pace.

A taskforce of say 12 cubes, bubye for the Dominion.
[img]http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Tycoon2203/82887/rukbfunrvp.jpg[/img]

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:29 am

The Borg, the Dominion arn't smart enought to defeat them as the Borg would keep adapting. Also the Dominion haven't been challenged apart from the Dominion War since their formation so are a little weak there. The only reason they were so powerful in DS9 was because they had been building up their forces for years in the Gamma Quadrant in prepration of an Alpha Quadrant invasion.

Colossus
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Colossus » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:14 pm

The dominion would put up a good fight with their amazing ship production but i can't see them lasting once hundreds of cubes show up.

Borg_Queen
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Borg_Queen » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:28 am

True, I do also believe that the Borg would win.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... _faces.gif
Resistance is futile.

hawke
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by hawke » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:25 pm

I agree, Borg would kill the dominion. Unless they use the same approach as they did with Earth. You know, if the Borg sent 2 cubes instead of one, Earth woulda been history? Anyways, in an all out war involving more then one borg cube, dominion would be screwed.

imagin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by imagin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:33 pm

The borg would win (theoreticaly) :P

wingsabre
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by wingsabre » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:03 am

I think they can reach a stalemate. The Borgs would beat the Dominion hands down if the Dominions had a worth for life for the Jem'Hadar. A wave of Jem'Hadar attack ships should finish off several cubes if they run a kamikaze attack. The Borgs don't really know how to deal with new tactics. The tactic they usually encounter are resistance. Ships that want to survive and so they fight till the end.

Assimilated Jem'Hadars or Changelings would make a crazy boarding party, but I don't even know if Changelings could be assimilated.

Firefly1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: in the land of nowhere next to the land of somewhere but not as close as the land of neither here no

Post by Firefly1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:43 pm

unless of course the borg play, send one cube at a time like they did with the federation, then the dominion would have no problem holding their own.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

beavisandbutthead
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by beavisandbutthead » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:45 pm

wingsabre wrote:I think they can reach a stalemate. The Borgs would beat the Dominion hands down if the Dominions had a worth for life for the Jem'Hadar. A wave of Jem'Hadar attack ships should finish off several cubes if they run a kamikaze attack. The Borgs don't really know how to deal with new tactics. The tactic they usually encounter are resistance. Ships that want to survive and so they fight till the end.

Assimilated Jem'Hadars or Changelings would make a crazy boarding party, but I don't even know if Changelings could be assimilated.
i agree. they both have the ship and man power but the dominion use some pretty unique tactics in battle. it'd be interesting to see how the borg adapt to kamikaze attacks and handling changelings.

Dontai
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Dontai » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:22 pm

The dominion only can win by using mass numbers of ships. They had 30,000 and couldn't even beat the federation. So it was 30,000 vs 10,000 (federation) Borg Ratio is 39 ships for every cube (wolf 359 39 ships were destroyed and 11,000 lives were lost)

So:

1 (cube) ->39 (federation ship) -> 50 dominion ships

So if 39 federation ship can wipe out 50 dominion ships and one borg cube can wipe out 39 federation ships. Do the math and you get

600 cubes -> 30,000 dominion ships is history (that is 50 dominion can destroy a cube wich they can't and if they have 30,000 ships)

Dominion were way more power ful lthen federation, but they had weaker sheild and hull. So fed could last longer in fight. 2-3 hit from definet and they were owned.

this all mean borg would own them so bad it isnt funny ....

kips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kips » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:16 am

To answer that question consider one thing Yes the Borg would win in a toe to toe fight but the Jemhadar are a klingon like race who would willingly throw their ships into a suicide charge and destroy the enemy so in that respect ship to ship the borg would loose through sheer devotion to victiry at any cost by the Jemhadar.

But soldier to soldier Dominion would loose.
life is life and death well thats a pain in the neck.

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...

wingsabre
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by wingsabre » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:44 pm

kips wrote:But soldier to soldier Dominion would loose.
it actually depends, soldier to soldier, first contact Dominion wins.
Soldier to soldier 2nd match Dominion wins,
Soldier to soldier 3rd match Dominion wins,
Soldier to soldier 5th match, Borg wins, after adapting...

the things is, their tactics are so different compared to each other than it is really hard to tell who wins.

The Dominion was about to beat the federation and klingons if it werent for the combined forces of the romulans, and even then it would have been very hard to take over cardasia prime, w/o the help of defected cardasians.

The Borg's weakest point is they have to adapt to new tactics, that's why the Ent-D was able to take down a single cube. They used new tactics that the Borg haven't seen before.

The Dominions can use kamikaze attacks to destroy a lot of cubes. They can beat the Borg if they move fast enough to prevent them from adapting. Then when they do adapt, they can send massive boarding parties, before the Borg adapts.

At the same time, it's reasonable to know that the Borgs have assimilated federation captains, and know that they will have a hard time assimilating the Dominions. So the Borgs could have a simple plan of shoot first, and destroy as many Dominion ships as possible, then take over the cloning facilities.

everything is really based on tactics. numbers dont really matter if plans are well made.

Gunbunny
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Gunbunny » Thu May 17, 2007 11:50 pm

I would have to agree with beavisandbutthead. I would like to see the Borg and the Dominion fight each other because they have something in common. They both destroy species and they both try to take over the quadrant in the past. But I believe we should see the Dominion and the Serniax fight each other and see who will win. Or have the Serniax and Species 8472 fight each other and see who will win.

DarthTaz
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by DarthTaz » Fri May 18, 2007 1:21 am

Gunbunny wrote:I would have to agree with beavisandbutthead. I would like to see the Borg and the Dominion fight each other because they have something in common. They both destroy species and they both try to take over the quadrant in the past. But I believe we should see the Dominion and the Serniax fight each other and see who will win. Or have the Serniax and Species 8472 fight each other and see who will win.
That is in Virtual Voyager