What's Your FAVOURITE Star Trek Episode Plot and WHY?

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

What's Your FAVOURITE Star Trek Episode Plot and WHY?

Post by Phantom » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:10 pm

As the title suggests,

CRITERIA
- NOT just an episode where it blows stuff up
- Can be from TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT
- Inform as to why it is your favourite (Character Relasioships/Developments, plot, etc)

:)

---

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:18 pm

Mine,

STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION
Best of Both Worlds Part 1 and 2

Showed the Borg in their relantless selves in the first Assimilation attempt of Earth

Reason,

It shows that even the good guys don't always win as Picard falls victim to the Borg himself meaning he isnt the hero the series built him to be, which is why when you see him on the viewscreen on the end of Best of Both Worlds for the first time (Without seeing Part 2), it is a gripping cliffhanger that leaves you on the end of your seats

:)

Adam

Cpt_Geddes
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cpt_Geddes » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:51 am

Favourite episode: TNG, "Defector"

Reason: It shows how even a Romulan will turn his back on his people in order to save many lives of his enemy. It also shows the cunning and treachery of the Romulans. Suppose it shows that bad guys can be good guys.

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:43 am

The tribute to the "Tribbles" episode from TNG. Reason: I loved the TOS version and to place the TNG characters, done skillfully, in the episode was really great. They were there to correct the timeline. 8O I think I've still got it on tape somewhere. One of the better scenes is when Kirk is grilling the crew, TNG's included masquerading as crew members, after the bar fight with the Klingons at Starbase K-7 (I think it was K-7). Best tongue-in-cheek episode ever.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

CenturionV
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CenturionV » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:25 am

Err that was Ds9 man (unless i somehow missed a TNG episode along the lines there) Favorite episode would have to be ENT: Twilight its just a cool episode, losta neat special effects battles, good story. I liked how they showed what could happen if the xindi had there way, they make the xindi look alot more mean. I also liked most of the klingon centred episodes of Ds9 dunno why, it just was cool to see an episode from the point of view of a klingon vessel.
"Oh, now be honest, Captain. Warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be. No peace in our time. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends."

DarkGoblin
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by DarkGoblin » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:19 am

I can't pick one single favorite episode. A lot of late DS9 and late Voyager would be included. TNG would be disqualified because I've seen every episode so many times they hardly hold my interest anymore. I guess if I had to pick one that I like, it would be "Extreme Risk" (VOY). One of the unfortunately few Star Trek episodes to deal with depression. The only problem with it is that they didn't seed hints about it in earlier episodes, the way they did with Tom Paris' "defection" earlier in the series.

I have to agree with Phantom on BoBW though. I remember (however vaguely, I was only 7 at the time) the first time I saw Picard on that viewscreen, as Locutus, and Riker ordering Worf to fire. I still get chills watching that scene. If only Shelby weren't so damned obnoxious, the episode would be perfect.
It's a faaaake!

captain_henk
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by captain_henk » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:00 pm

Star Trek Voyager
'The void'

It shows that diplomacy and friendship prevail, where hostility and violence fails... And of course there were a lot of cool ships in it, too :)
[b]I've got God above me,
Jesus beside me.
The holy ghost in me.
Why should i have to fear?[/b]
[img]http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/83882/0.jpg[/img]
My forum: 21154.rapidforum

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:44 am

I have no idea of the name of the episode but it's the one when the Borg are 1st encuntered. It put a whole new spin on Star Fleet's concept of what was "out there." Finally an enemy that had a mute button to cut off all the philosophical Federation BS that bored other more courteous races to death. Screw detante "prepare to be assimilated." Or in 20th century terms bend over!

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:42 am

CenturionV wrote:Err that was Ds9 man (unless i somehow missed a TNG episode along the lines there).
Memory error; you're right! I'll be derned or something similar. Can you go senile at 52? God, I hope not! 8O
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:02 pm

mines the last TNG episodes All good things why i LOVE the E-DX

Bombermangba
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Bombermangba » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:30 am

Mine,

The Favorite episode would have to be "Cause and Effect" (TNG) or "A Year of Hell" I love the temporal causality loop which the enterprise encounters and the same basically for the timeship in year of hell. You just gotta love temporal time line screw ups.

CenturionV
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CenturionV » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:56 am

Oh yes forgot about year of hell it was the best VOY ep in my opinion. (kinda reminds me of twilight actually)
"Oh, now be honest, Captain. Warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be. No peace in our time. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends."

Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thompson » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:00 pm

Last few seasons of DS9, i loved the Dominion War, mainly becuase of the special effects, plus to see the Federation actually win, but loose in the same way with the amount of ships/personel they lost. Same with the Klingons/Romulan fleets.
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:40 pm

Mine would be VOY: End Game.

Mainly because Voyager finally gets home after 7 long hard years in the Delta Quadrant, the borg are in it, the borg finally discover what a major threat the federation is, the crew release that they are more a family than a crew and the borg queen gets out smarted by janeway yet again.

Favourite Movie would be Nemesis.

The romulans finally get their appearence in a trek movie, data dies who i believe is the central character of the series like spock for TOS and 7of9 for VOY and the Remans appear as a new threat to the federation and romulans.