What's Your FAVOURITE Star Trek Episode Plot and WHY?

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:53 pm

An episode that I loved as a kid and still love today is "The Doomsday Machine" (TOS). I loved how there was an actual Connie that looked damaged, instead of being hit with everyone dead aboard, with no damage on the model (like in "The Ultimate Computer"). I also loved it where Kirk drives the Constellation down the creatures throat. I wonder if somebody made a mod for the Doomsday Machine.

My favourite movie would be Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. It was a great storyline and the actors played their best making this movie have a place in Star Trek history. Unlike in Nemesis the crew of this Enterprise ended their careers with dignity and didn't have one of the main characters blown in a million pieces. I hated how they killed off Data :evil:!
Oh well :)
Last edited by Alohaman on Sat May 08, 2004 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:54 pm

Best of Both Worlds was one of my favorite Star Trek TNG episodes, as was All Good Things. At least those are the ones that come to mind when I think of TNG. No doubt "Doomsday Machine" was the most awesome TOS episode in my opinion. As far as Star Trek movies go, Star Trek First Contact has been my favorite TNG-based movie while Wratch of Khan takes first prize when considering the first six movies. Though many don't like Nemesis all too much, I considered it a great movie. I based this on the level of shock that I had in coming out of the movie theater. For one thing, it was shocking that Data died - being an almost immortal machine who was able to outlive every person on the Enterprise a hundred times, Data was actually the first to go. However, Data's memory patterns remained immortal because of B4 (predictable what will happen in the next TNG movie, if there is one). Well, that's my take on that. Oh, and my most favorite DS9 and Voyager episodes were the last episodes - that's also based on my level of shock seeing those episodes! 8O :o

TrashMan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by TrashMan » Sat May 08, 2004 8:52 am

All Good Things...
OR
Best of Both Worlds..

Hard to decide...
USS Apocalypse
*I let my Phaser Cannon do the talking!*

morthamp
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by morthamp » Sat May 08, 2004 9:54 am

My favorite VOY episode is Endgame. 8) 8) 8)

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sat May 08, 2004 2:44 pm

My favorite Star Trek movie was either First Contact or Nemesis. I can't believe that they killed Data off, but I kinda expected either Data or Picard to die, so I was sort of prepared for something terrible to happen - that's the movies!
Best of Both Worlds and All Good Things were the best TNG episodes. Also, The Next Generation was my favorite series, followed by DS9, then TOS, then Voyager. Enterprise is still on, so I can't rank it yet.
Endgame was my favorite Voyager episode - I also liked that Voyager episode where the Voyager used slipstream drive for the first time and crashed on that planet and were saved by the future Delta Flyer.
I loved just about every TNG and DS9 episode, I'm sure there are exceptions. The episodes with battle scenes were the best.
The Doomsday Machine was my favorite TOS episode. Can't beat that!

morthamp
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by morthamp » Sun May 09, 2004 2:45 am

My favorite TNG episode is the one with the crystal entity in it

Straxx
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Straxx » Sun May 09, 2004 3:11 am

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who liked the Doomsday Machine episode from TOS. One thing that i was hoping to see from either TNG, DS9, or Voyager was another encounter with a Doomsday vessel. I also enjoyed the mirror universe episodes from TOS and DS9. My favorite movie is FIRST CONTACT. Anything with the Borg is always tops on my list. 8)

Gaeamil
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Gaeamil » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:48 pm

Mine is this: VOY: Year of Hell. Reason: it is the only "Abandon Ship" I have ever seen in any series. Also, it shows the day numbers, and, I am not a very sensitive person, but I get into Star Trek, it is the only episode I have nearly cried at. I also have many other reasons which I cannot remember at this time.

Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Post by Hellkite » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:31 pm

In the Pale Moonlight

why I like so :Sisko's battle with his inter demons & Garak being Garak

"At 0800 hours station time, the Romulan Empire formally declared war against the Dominion. They've already struck 15 bases along the Cardassian border. So, this is a HUGE victory for the good guys! This may even be the turning point of the entire war. There is even a 'welcome to the fight' party tonight in the wardroom. So, I lied, I cheated, I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all, I think I can live with it, and if I had to do it all over again, I would. Garak was right about one thing, a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha quadrant. So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I CAN live with it." THAT's" Sisko's deleted log

all and all I CAN live with it. ... I CAN live with it.

8)

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Favorite Trek Episodes

Post by blindeye01 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:18 pm

I am a big fan of First Contact, but I did not really like the TNG episodes too much.

However, TMP movies and TOS episodes are all great.

I think the Wrath of Kahn was my favorite movie. Besides Ricardo Monteban cracks me up, the movie was just classic trek.

Its a tossup between tribbles or the evil dimension TOS episodes for best Trek series episode, because each was fun in its own way. I always liked the more funny TOS episodes, and for me, seeing Spock with a goatee to show he was evil just brings a smile to my face thinking about it.

I did not catch Voyager until they started playing it on weekends, but it seems good. Every time they are going to play endgame, I miss it for some reason or another, so I may think that was a better episode when I see it.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:32 pm

I'm not too sure the name of the episode, But it's a DS9 one. The one where Starfleet's fleet is headed to retake DS9 during the Dominion war. I liked the fleet battle scene. It was the first ever ST episode showing massive fleets (just like in Armada) battling it out. :D
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:38 pm

Ah, in Star Wars they do that all the time :lol:
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:15 pm

No idea the name of the episode but it has to be the first time the Borg were encountered. Picard's eloquent BS had absolutely no effect on the Collective. No flappin your gums, submit, bend over!!!

sgtrevill
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by sgtrevill » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:51 pm

my fav is ENT: Regenaration.

Why? Because i think it was the best one of the ENTS.

But the best bit had to be when Archer Ripped out the Borgs Inplacts on it head!